1,074 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hey there Julie :)

You sound just like me when I am typing my heart out to my fiance on a daily basis lol. I know what you mean with this wait and it's extremely hard you're right and I'm not a person who has a lot of patience either. My main thing is just not knowing when it will come, like no date or anything that you can even look forward to, it's just an unknown amount of time and it seems that the days get slower and slower each day with no progress. I honestly wish I would have known what I did now when filing for the petition as I would have put it in so much sooner. After coming here and learning the truth and how backlogged things are, I continue kicking myself in the butt for it. But nothing any of us can do other than hope, and pray that things might speed up and such. :/

I'd have been a march filer except I had some money issues immediately following my visit in march, and some paperwork got lost in the mail for…well, it's still never arrived. But, I stupidly rented a car in march (driving on the other side of the road is SCARY) and…someone was parked right at a corner, and I misjudged my car and crunched in the fender. I'm a good driver, I swear! But I was up for 27 hours at this point, scared to death, nervous about meeting matt for the first time and the roads in his town…well, there isn't enough room for two cars to drive side by side with parking on both sides of the street. I had no idea!!! (I take a bus now from the airport to liverpool and it only cost me $14 and takes an hour). So, I was charged $2200 in damages! Thank god I had started saving for him to come over here and had $2500 in my account. Then, we realized he had forgotten to sign a form and I needed a proper passport photo for him and the first letter got lost in the mail (still hasn't arrived) so finally after waiting for 3 weeks, he sent out another one. This caused a months delay…So, I'd be a month closer (though still in limbo) and I keep kicking myself for renting that car!

Thankfully, I'm visiting him again in 5 weeks. I'm glad I have something to look forward to. But afterward, there's nothing. No date to look forward to…just…time. That kills me! At least we know we are not alone, no matter what month you filed. This time waiting sucks…:( Good luck you you, though. I hope everything starts moving faster here soon…if not, I'm a feisty little thing and I will put up a fight, regardless of their saying 5 months doesn't matter anymore. Lol.

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

I'd have been a march filer except I had some money issues immediately following my visit in march, and some paperwork got lost in the mail for…well, it's still never arrived. But, I stupidly rented a car in march (driving on the other side of the road is SCARY) and…someone was parked right at a corner, and I misjudged my car and crunched in the fender. I'm a good driver, I swear! But I was up for 27 hours at this point, scared to death, nervous about meeting matt for the first time and the roads in his town…well, there isn't enough room for two cars to drive side by side with parking on both sides of the street. I had no idea!!! (I take a bus now from the airport to liverpool and it only cost me $14 and takes an hour). So, I was charged $2200 in damages! Thank god I had started saving for him to come over here and had $2500 in my account. Then, we realized he had forgotten to sign a form and I needed a proper passport photo for him and the first letter got lost in the mail (still hasn't arrived) so finally after waiting for 3 weeks, he sent out another one. This caused a months delay…So, I'd be a month closer (though still in limbo) and I keep kicking myself for renting that car!

Thankfully, I'm visiting him again in 5 weeks. I'm glad I have something to look forward to. But afterward, there's nothing. No date to look forward to…just…time. That kills me! At least we know we are not alone, no matter what month you filed. This time waiting sucks… :( Good luck you you, though. I hope everything starts moving faster here soon…if not, I'm a feisty little thing and I will put up a fight, regardless of their saying 5 months doesn't matter anymore. Lol.

Oh wow that seriously sounds like some very bad luck with having all of those damages as well as the trouble you had to go through. I can't even imagine the added anxiety and stress that had to of put on you, especially along with meeting him for the first time. Did you acquire any grey hairs after your journey? lol That is good you are going to see him soon, although I hope you know parting ways is going to be even more intense and emotional for you when you guys leave. I was thinking of that myself, although just based on last time how hard it was to walk away from her at the airport and such and the emotional toll it took on me am so nervous to go that route :/

I-129F Petition
I-129F Sent: 3/17/14
I-129F NOA1: 3/24/14
Alien Registration Number Changed: 3/25/14
I-129F NOA2: 8/25/14
Sent to NVC: 8/28/14
NVC Received: 9/8/14
Case # Assigned: 9/9/14
Left NVC: 9/11/14
Consulate Received: 9/16/14
Packet 3 Received (Instructions/Checklist): 9/19/14
Packet 3 Completed: 9/23/14
Medical Scheduled: 10/15/14
Packet 4 Received (Appointment Date): 10/2/14
Interview Date (Helsinki Consulate): 10/27/14
Interview Result: APPROVED!
Visa Received: 10/31/14
POE/Baltimore (BWI): 12/9/14
Married: 1/12/15

Adjustment of Status I-485
Service Center: National Benefits Center
I-485 Sent: 1/24/15
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 1/27/15
Check Cashed by USCIS: 2/2/15
NOA 1: 1/30/15
Biometrics Appointment: 3/13/15
Biometrics Completed (USCIS Baltimore) 3/13/15
Letter from DHS Advising of Potentially no Interview Required for our Case: 6/15/15
Case Transferred to Kansas City Missouri Field Office: 1/26/16
RFE Received Wanting a New Vaccination Supplement: 2/4/16
Appointment Scheduled with Civil Surgeon: 2/15/16
Appointment Cancelled due to Weather Conditions: 2/15/16
Appointment Re-Scheduled with Civil Surgeon: 2/16/16
Civil Surgeon Completed I-693 Vaccination Supplement Needed: 2/16/16
RFE Response Sent to Kansas City Field Office via USPS: 2/16/16
Delivered to USCIS Field Office by USPS: 2/19/16
Signed Return Receipt Receipt in Mail from USCIS: 2/22/16
I-485 Notification Application APPROVED - No Interview: 2/23/16
NOA 2 Approval Notice Received Through Mail: 2/27/16
Green Card Sent Through Mail Notification: 2/26/16
Received Card in Mail: 3/2/16

Employment Authorization I-765
I-765 Sent: 1/24/15
EAD Approved: 3/30/15
Received Card in Mail: 4/8/15
---------------------------------------------
Sent Renewal I-765 to Chicago Lockbox: 1/30/16
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 2/3/16
NOA 1: 2/8/16
Biometrics Appointment: 3/2/16
No need to get them done due to getting Green Card

Removal of Conditions on Residence I-751
Service Center: Vermont Service Center
I-751 Sent: 1/16/18
Delivered to Center: 1/19/18
 NOA 1: 1/24/18
Case Approved: 4/2/19
GC Received in Mail: 4/15/19

Timeline

Oh wow that seriously sounds like some very bad luck with having all of those damages as well as the trouble you had to go through. I can't even imagine the added anxiety and stress that had to of put on you, especially along with meeting him for the first time. Did you acquire any grey hairs after your journey? lol That is good you are going to see him soon, although I hope you know parting ways is going to be even more intense and emotional for you when you guys leave. I was thinking of that myself, although just based on last time how hard it was to walk away from her at the airport and such and the emotional toll it took on me am so nervous to go that route :/

This will be my third visit…I hesitated to make the decision to visit again, but I just can't handle not seeing him for another 5-9 months. I NEED to, even though I know leaving is horrible. I'm not sure which was worse, the first or this last time. The first time, I had rented that car, so I had to FORCE myself to drive away in order to make my flight on time. Not to mention I did NOT want to drive because I was terrified (and like I said, I'm a good driver and quite enjoy driving) but the roundabouts and narrow roads, the other side of the road…scary. But, driving away myself was soooooo hard. Especially after realizing that he was indeed the man I'd been talking to for the previous year. This last time, we took a cab to the bus station and held each other until I had to board…walking away was difficult. He started crying when my bus pulled away and the security guard there gave him a hug and told him to cheer up and we'd see each other again. That was really sweet and helped even though leaving him was so hard. Then…crying on the flight home, I'm sure my seat-mate thought I was nuts lol.

But that first day…15 hours of flying and sitting in an airport in between…then I knew I had to get a sim card when I got there so I'd have access to my phone and I got frustrated getting that set up. I was exhausted, driving was super terrifying (I will never drive over there again)…our first hug was a bit awkward. But I figure that's because of everything I had just been through, plus it was my first time leaving the country and I did all of this by myself, which is intense in and of itself. Oh, not to mention I couldn't freaking start the car! It was diesel and apparently you have to tap the break just to turn it on? That was weird and I had no idea until I randomly did it after half an hour of trying to start the freaking thing. But after I was there for ten minutes, had my stuff situated, he gave me an energy drink and a quick tour of his place, I sat next to him, he put his arm around me…and I was calm. It took maybe 10 minutes to be comfortable with him, and the second time, I was as soon as I saw him.

But you're right…leaving is awful. And not knowing when I'll see him again afterwards is just…I'm trying really hard not to think about it! But he's so supportive and always there for me, even if it's just through texts. I'm sure you're the same with yours, it's a tough process. I honestly know very few couples who'd be strong enough to go through all of this.

Are you seeing your fiancé anytime again before this process is through?

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

This will be my third visit…I hesitated to make the decision to visit again, but I just can't handle not seeing him for another 5-9 months. I NEED to, even though I know leaving is horrible. I'm not sure which was worse, the first or this last time. The first time, I had rented that car, so I had to FORCE myself to drive away in order to make my flight on time. Not to mention I did NOT want to drive because I was terrified (and like I said, I'm a good driver and quite enjoy driving) but the roundabouts and narrow roads, the other side of the road…scary. But, driving away myself was soooooo hard. Especially after realizing that he was indeed the man I'd been talking to for the previous year. This last time, we took a cab to the bus station and held each other until I had to board…walking away was difficult. He started crying when my bus pulled away and the security guard there gave him a hug and told him to cheer up and we'd see each other again. That was really sweet and helped even though leaving him was so hard. Then…crying on the flight home, I'm sure my seat-mate thought I was nuts lol.

But that first day…15 hours of flying and sitting in an airport in between…then I knew I had to get a sim card when I got there so I'd have access to my phone and I got frustrated getting that set up. I was exhausted, driving was super terrifying (I will never drive over there again)…our first hug was a bit awkward. But I figure that's because of everything I had just been through, plus it was my first time leaving the country and I did all of this by myself, which is intense in and of itself. Oh, not to mention I couldn't freaking start the car! It was diesel and apparently you have to tap the break just to turn it on? That was weird and I had no idea until I randomly did it after half an hour of trying to start the freaking thing. But after I was there for ten minutes, had my stuff situated, he gave me an energy drink and a quick tour of his place, I sat next to him, he put his arm around me…and I was calm. It took maybe 10 minutes to be comfortable with him, and the second time, I was as soon as I saw him.

But you're right…leaving is awful. And not knowing when I'll see him again afterwards is just…I'm trying really hard not to think about it! But he's so supportive and always there for me, even if it's just through texts. I'm sure you're the same with yours, it's a tough process. I honestly know very few couples who'd be strong enough to go through all of this.

Are you seeing your fiancé anytime again before this process is through?

I'm really impressed you even attempted to drive a vehicle over there when first meeting. I have never even left the country before meeting my fiance. I think just driving on the other side of the road in some place where I have never been before would be enough for me to just take the bus or something lol. That is what I decided to do, take a train and then several busses to see my fiance. So yeah kudos to you for even renting a car and going there to drive. I was such a nervous wreck when getting there and I'm sure you know that feeling where when you see your fiance for the first time and you get those instant butterflies in your stomach and your body goes kinda numb for a little bit and you both just hug, not saying a word yet you feel that strong connection when touching one another. Something that was absolutely incredible feeling. I really know how you feel with it being the first time out of the country and by yourself as I was in the same situation, my flight was about the same as yours varying about 14 hours and it was an interesting journey I must say. Not to mention how exhausted you are when you finally arrive and the jetlag you feel since there is a big time difference and was hard to sleep since you're so excited to see them and nervous and everything else.

I have seen my fiance a total of 3 times as well, first I visited her for the first time meeting in Finland and that was about 2 weeks I was there. Then I paid for her to come to America, once for about a month, and then another time after that she stayed for the 3 months she was allowed, and then we both flew back to her country together and I stayed for about 3 weeks which was so fun traveling with her! That was over 3 months ago about. I really want to bring her back to be honest with you, but as you know tickets are very expensive and as much as we want to see one another I would rather save that money for me to be able to pay for her fees, as well as anything else she may need during her move and so on and so forth. Unfortunately I have already used my vacation days for this year so it is not possible for me to fly over to see her given my job is an essential position so I would have to call in sick of which I would need to have a doctors note etc... But the main reason why I want her to spend her time over there is because I want her to enjoy her family and friends and have her own space right now.... because I can't even imagine how hard it is going to be for her to move over here and leave her entire family and friends behind you know?So I honestly don't want to be selfish and get her back here with me when she will be moving here soon you know? I have been encouraging her to go out as much as possible and to enjoy her friends and family as much as she possibly can so I am giving her the space she needs if that makes any sense? Of course we both are dying to see one another again, but just even based on last time that I had to part ways with her at the airport, that is honestly the hardest thing I have EVER had to do in my entire life, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried my freakin soul out before and after and quite a bit during the entire thing. Just really can't wait for things to move along and myself working 2 jobs now it seems as if things are just going by so slow. It really is an extremely difficult process and only the strong ones will get through it. Just really shows how much a couple can overcome if you can get through this hard process, then there is no stopping you with anything else in your lives together.

Edited by Lenny&Sanna
I-129F Petition
I-129F Sent: 3/17/14
I-129F NOA1: 3/24/14
Alien Registration Number Changed: 3/25/14
I-129F NOA2: 8/25/14
Sent to NVC: 8/28/14
NVC Received: 9/8/14
Case # Assigned: 9/9/14
Left NVC: 9/11/14
Consulate Received: 9/16/14
Packet 3 Received (Instructions/Checklist): 9/19/14
Packet 3 Completed: 9/23/14
Medical Scheduled: 10/15/14
Packet 4 Received (Appointment Date): 10/2/14
Interview Date (Helsinki Consulate): 10/27/14
Interview Result: APPROVED!
Visa Received: 10/31/14
POE/Baltimore (BWI): 12/9/14
Married: 1/12/15

Adjustment of Status I-485
I-485 Sent: 1/24/15
Check Cashed by USCIS: 2/2/15
Letter from DHS Advising of Potentially no Interview Required for our Case: 6/15/15
Case Transferred to Kansas City Missouri Field Office: 1/26/16
RFE Received Wanting a New Vaccination Supplement: 2/4/16
Appointment Scheduled with Civil Surgeon: 2/15/16
Appointment Cancelled due to Weather Conditions: 2/15/16
Appointment Re-Scheduled with Civil Surgeon: 2/16/16
Civil Surgeon Completed I-693 Vaccination Supplement Needed: 2/16/16
RFE Response Sent to Kansas City Field Office via USPS: 2/16/16
Delivered to USCIS Field Office by USPS: 2/19/16
Signed Return Receipt Receipt in Mail from USCIS: 2/22/16
I-485 Notification Application APPROVED - No Interview: 2/23/16
NOA 2 Approval Notice Received Through Mail: 2/27/16
Green Card Sent Through Mail Notification: 2/26/16
Received Card in Mail: 3/2/16

Employment Authorization I-765
I-765 Sent: 1/24/15
EAD Approved: 3/30/15
Received Card in Mail: 4/8/15
---------------------------------------------
Sent Renewal I-765 to Chicago Lockbox: 1/30/16
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 2/3/16
NOA 1: 2/8/16
Biometrics Appointment: 3/2/16
No need to get them done due to getting Green Card

Removal of Conditions on Residence I-751
Service Center: Vermont Service Center
I-751 Sent: 1/16/18
Delivered to Center: 1/19/18
 NOA 1: 1/24/18
Case Approved: 4/2/19
GC Received in Mail: 4/15/19

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Still waiting... *sings and paces the room*

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-03

I-129F NOA1: 2014-03-10

I-129F NOA2: 2014-08-28

Sent to NVC: 2014-09-03

Arrived at NVC: 2014-09-12

Case Number: 2014-09-16

Embassy Received Case: 2014-09-23

Medical (Passed). 2014-10-23

Interview (APPROVED) 2014-12-18

Visa In Hand. 2014-12-30

MOVING DAY!!! 2015-01-02

Wedding!! 2015-01-24

Still waiting... *sings and paces the room*

I feel you, when I get into such moods, I remind myself that this moment is all there is, and all else is thoughts of past or future, which are not real. So this helps bring me back into the clarity of what's right around me here and now. Else, I often associate the thoughts of future as some kind of reward to wait for, and by doing so, miss the beauty of this moment, which is all we ever have. And, how we feel and act in this moment, will determine how our life experience and situation will shape out moving forward, cause and effect.

We received our NOA 1 on March 7th, and based on the current TSC approvals on Igor's list, they are now sinking their teeth into (approving) Mid January filters, which is great news, showing TSC is following close to their 5.5 months time frame. If this keeps up, by mid August, I suspect they'll be on mid Feb filters, and March filers will start seeing most of the approvals in September, which would be around 5.5 - 6 month mark, within expected times. We'll be there before you know it, just be in the moment here and now, and it will duly unravel before your eyes.

Edited by IMSM

Timeline

Statistics got worse-may has been posted & they approved just over half the petitions that were approved in April. I highly suggest all of is write to whoever we can. There's lots of info on the last few pages of the January thread...this is insane & at this rate it'll be November/dec for you guys & later for me. Something needs to be done.

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Statistics got worse-may has been posted & they approved just over half the petitions that were approved in April. I highly suggest all of is write to whoever we can. There's lots of info on the last few pages of the January thread...this is insane & at this rate it'll be November/dec for you guys & later for me. Something needs to be done.

I created a thread for this so we can think up some ways to help fix this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I'm bringing to your attention a thread made by people who are waiting just like us and who try to find a solution for the TSC crises... Crises that only affect us, the filers.

Please follow this thread and let's try to see if we can make a change.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/506542-possible-ways-to-overcome-the-delay-at-tsc/#entry7139020

File sent - May 1st
NOA1 - May 9th
Transferred - August 8th
NOA2 - September 11th

event.png

Hi,

i am kinda new here. And it's frustrating for me to wait as much as it is for all Texas filers. But what upsets me most of all is not that California approves so fast and people who filed in May have their interviews at the end of July while those who filed in March to TX cannot even hope for being approved within the next month.

But what makes me upset and frustrates me the most is that there are people who are approved within a month by Texas. Most of them are from Philippines, I saw a couple from Canada, Japan, Hong-Kong who were approved surprisingly fast for Texas. And I think this is absolutely unfair. Why do some people have to wait for half a year for NOA2 and others are approved within 1-2 months even by Texas? I think if Texas is so slow, it should be slow to EVERYONE rather than be selective regarding whom to approve fast and whose petitions to put away and forget for about half a year!

Hi,

i am kinda new here. And it's frustrating for me to wait as much as it is for all Texas filers. But what upsets me most of all is not that California approves so fast and people who filed in May have their interviews at the end of July while those who filed in March to TX cannot even hope for being approved within the next month.

But what makes me upset and frustrates me the most is that there are people who are approved within a month by Texas. Most of them are from Philippines, I saw a couple from Canada, Japan, Hong-Kong who were approved surprisingly fast for Texas. And I think this is absolutely unfair. Why do some people have to wait for half a year for NOA2 and others are approved within 1-2 months even by Texas? I think if Texas is so slow, it should be slow to EVERYONE rather than be selective regarding whom to approve fast and whose petitions to put away and forget for about half a year!

OK. The only fast approvals in TSC have been Philippines. All the other ones you see are incorrectly filled out Timelines or expedited requests that were approved. The bad thing about this forum is there is nowhere in the Timeline where you can state that you requested & received an expedition.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

almost month 5. But the way it looks. Might not even make November :-(

Yep. I have lost all hope now for October. November/December *if* we're lucky. Sniff sniff.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I am still banking (hoping for) on mid September. With the recent semi-surge of January petitions getting attention, I believe we may see some movement, albeit a turbo charged snail, sooner rather than later. I would really like Tanya to experience her first Thanksgiving in 2014 rather than 2015 :). This did not seem unreasonable when I mailed my package in February. Who would have known? :clock:

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Really guys? I'm hoping for an approval around mid september, then add another 2 Months on top of that, Just as long as I can be there before xmas, I won't mind, But with the recent turn around of the JAN approvals, We might still have some faith :) We will see more and more approvals this week as well, I just know it :)

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-09-09

(Sent to NVC: 2014-09-15)

NVC Received : 2014-09-22

NVC Left :2014-09-26

Medical : 2014-09-29

Consulate Received : 2014-09-29

Packet 3 Received : 2014-10-06

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2014-10-23

Interview Date : 2014-11-07

Interview Result : APPROVED!!

AP : 2014-11-12 (2 hours)

Issued: 2014- 11- 12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.