1,074 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Applications from the Philippines are expedited, you got approved in 43 days when the rest of us have to wait around 5 months. Not exactly relevant you posting in this thread really. Not trying to offend you but I'm sure this thread was started because us at TSC who aren't being expedited don't want to become more depressed seeing how fast you got approved. Perhaps just the regular March 2014 thread for you?!

I know I sound mean but that post angered me slightly.

I don't believe that is true for all applications from the Philippines, as I have an NOA1 of March 6th and still have not heard anything. Let's hope the TSC can make it through the March apps this month......

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Looks like so far, it's going as I imagined... mainly end of January, with more and more Feb Approvals, March should start to appear mid-end of this month.

I hope you are right...the end of August would thrill me to no end at this point but I am thinking more toward the end of September. I just hit 5 months yesterday and never did I imagine I would see that come to pass while waiting for NOA2 when I initially filed.

My friends and family all wondered how long it would take to get Tanya over here and I said I expected her here by July 4th... :rofl: Good thing hindsight is 20/20..at least I have a clear view of where I have been.

Now to think it may not even be in time for Thanksgiving just twists me more than I care to admit. The other twister is this...I said a while back that when 5 months hit, I would be contacting my congressmen for assistance....HAHA...they are on 6 weeks vacation now, the worthless bumps. I may have NOA2 by the time they get back :rolleyes:

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

I hope you are right...the end of August would thrill me to no end at this point but I am thinking more toward the end of September. I just hit 5 months yesterday and never did I imagine I would see that come to pass while waiting for NOA2 when I initially filed.

My friends and family all wondered how long it would take to get Tanya over here and I said I expected her here by July 4th... :rofl: Good thing hindsight is 20/20..at least I have a clear view of where I have been.

Now to think it may not even be in time for Thanksgiving just twists me more than I care to admit. The other twister is this...I said a while back that when 5 months hit, I would be contacting my congressmen for assistance....HAHA...they are on 6 weeks vacation now, the worthless bumps. I may have NOA2 by the time they get back :rolleyes:

Hey, have you thought about asking your congressman to expedite her visa, due to the fact that she's in essentially a war conflicted country, and that you have reason to fear for her life's safety. Russia and Ukraine are in essential a war right now, which puts Russia in the crosshairs on anti-russian forces as well. This other couple who's finace was in the neighboring country, asked for expedite on these grounds, and got approved in 2 months instead of 6.

Edited by IMSM

I don't believe that is true for all applications from the Philippines, as I have an NOA1 of March 6th and still have not heard anything. Let's hope the TSC can make it through the March apps this month......

You would get expedited consideration if you requested this when you initially sent in your application. If you request expedite now, it should be through congressman.

Timeline

Hey, have you thought about asking your congressman to expedite her visa, due to the fact that she's in essentially a war conflicted country, and that you have reason to fear for her life's safety. Russia and Ukraine are in essential a war right now, which puts Russia in the crosshairs on anti-russian forces as well. This other couple who's finace was in the neighboring country, asked for expedite on these grounds, and got approved in 2 months instead of 6.

I hear what you are saying, but her life is hardly in danger. The only ones in Russia that might face any type of danger would be in the Rostov area and that would be from a stray round. Ukraine, in their current military state, could not do much to Russia so they would never grant an expedite. The other couple you mention is from Ukraine and they had very good reason for an expedite. The eastern region is a very dangerous place to be right now and I believe they should all be expedited to remove them from harm's way.

Besides, by the time I had any word on an expedite, I will probably have NOA2 by then anyway so no point really.

The only fear I have is that they close the border and do not allow any visas because of this US meddling. A long shot but still a very remote possibility.

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

event.png

I hear what you are saying, but her life is hardly in danger. The only ones in Russia that might face any type of danger would be in the Rostov area and that would be from a stray round. Ukraine, in their current military state, could not do much to Russia so they would never grant an expedite. The other couple you mention is from Ukraine and they had very good reason for an expedite. The eastern region is a very dangerous place to be right now and I believe they should all be expedited to remove them from harm's way.

Besides, by the time I had any word on an expedite, I will probably have NOA2 by then anyway so no point really.

The only fear I have is that they close the border and do not allow any visas because of this US meddling. A long shot but still a very remote possibility.

Not a long shot actually, Russia / US relations are breaking down fast. They're already talking about stopping EU flights over Russia. And EU is with the US.

http://news.yahoo.com/russia-may-restrict-trans-siberian-flights-eu-airlines-055120450--finance.html

I would take any chance I can to expedite.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

HI, what neighboring country. I asked for an expedite since my fiance is from Belarus and got denied. I know of another VJ'er that was approved under the same circumstances as me, but it is a matter of what USCIS official you get. He got a cool one and I got a wad.

:-/

Timeline

Expedite requests are answered in 5 days.

Timeline

Expedite requests are answered in 5 days.

What the heck...nothing to lose right? What's the process?

event.png

HI, what neighboring country. I asked for an expedite since my fiance is from Belarus and got denied. I know of another VJ'er that was approved under the same circumstances as me, but it is a matter of what USCIS official you get. He got a cool one and I got a wad.

:-/

My Fiancee is from Belarus also. Russia is moving military assets into Belarus now, and using it as a stage for war with Ukraine, it is stuck right in the middle, as always in history. Anyway, the situation is growing worse politically.

I recommend contacting a congressman directly with your purpose, so they can do the expedite for you, builds a stronger case for if/when you hit a delay at NVC, since they are also reporting backlogs now, and having a congressman accompanying you throughout this process can certianly help further down the roadblocks too.

What the heck...nothing to lose right? What's the process?

I asked my congressman to do it, more power behind the request IMO.

Timeline

My Fiancee is from Belarus also. Russia is moving military assets into Belarus now, and using it as a stage for war with Ukraine, it is stuck right in the middle, as always in history. Anyway, the situation is growing worse politically.

I recommend contacting a congressman directly with your purpose, so they can do the expedite for you, builds a stronger case for if/when you hit a delay at NVC, since they are also reporting backlogs now, and having a congressman accompanying you throughout this process can certianly help further down the roadblocks too.

This is exactly what I told them and they denied us. I have my two senators and a congresswoman sending inquiries. But I haven't seen any results yet. I have open 2 ombudsman requests. You name it, I've done it. You and I are in the same timeline, let's keep each other posted.

Timeline

One more question, where did you hear or read that Russia was moving military assets to BY? I told them this, but I have no evidence to support it. I have been searching google, but nothing. BY still has that old iron curtain up........They said I would have to provide evidence of an emerging circumstance or humanitarian situation.

Timeline

Thanks to you both. I will give it a shot.

event.png

One more question, where did you hear or read that Russia was moving military assets to BY? I told them this, but I have no evidence to support it. I have been searching google, but nothing. BY still has that old iron curtain up........They said I would have to provide evidence of an emerging circumstance or humanitarian situation.

You can ask your fiance to search their news on google in BY as well for this, here's some Russian military buildup news from the US side:

http://burkonews.info/russia-started-covert-military-mobilization-9k720-iskander-missile-systems-repositioned-to-belarus/

http://euroradio.fm/en/russian-military-equipment-delivered-belarus

http://en.itar-tass.com/russia/739952

http://rt.com/news/belarus-planes-nato-poland-594/

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/03/14/russias-lackey-belarus-mobilizes-its-military/

http://charter97.org/en/news/2014/4/22/95674/

This speaks of how Belarus has an official cooperation with Russian Forces:

http://www.mil.by/en/military_policy/cooperation_RF/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.