Beautifulday

Visa question

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi all, I am currently in America on a your is visa and my stamp says I need to leave the country on my 27th, however I'd like to spend the summer with my fiance, we just applied for the k1 visa, and I was wondering if u guys know if there is a way to try and extend my stay? I got here on March 10th.return ticket is for may 26th but that wouldn't be a problem. Is there. Way I can make my stay longer?

Tourist visa*

Did you actually enter on a B-2 visa or the VWP?

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

You arrived March 10 but your I-94 says your stay is over on May 27? Why is the time so short?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

You arrived March 10 but your I-94 says your stay is over on May 27? Why is the time so short?

If they're suspicious sometimes they'll give you the exact time you asked for. I'm assuming OP presented their return ticket with is dated May 26th.

If they're suspicious sometimes they'll give you the exact time you asked for. I'm assuming OP presented their return ticket with is dated May 26th.

Right, which is why I am asking.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

That is because the officer stopped me and they asked me questions.... I came here three times (including this time now) on a tourist visa already and one time I spent here two months and then I came here again for six months, left on the day I was supposed to leave and the officer accused me of working here cuz it seemed impossible to him for me to be here for six months at a time n not working, I told him my fiance supported me and the officer didn't believe me so he wanted to call my fiance n he did and my fiance told him same stuff I told him... But my return ticket was for end of may and my fiance told the officer that I was gon here til may so that's why they let me stay til then... But I wanna spend summer with my fiance, is there a way to extend my stay? Officer falsely accused me of working here and then my fiance told him the same stuff so yeah....

That is because the officer stopped me and they asked me questions.... I came here three times (including this time now) on a tourist visa already and one time I spent here two months and then I came here again for six months, left on the day I was supposed to leave and the officer accused me of working here cuz it seemed impossible to him for me to be here for six months at a time n not working, I told him my fiance supported me and the officer didn't believe me so he wanted to call my fiance n he did and my fiance told him same stuff I told him... But my return ticket was for end of may and my fiance told the officer that I was gon here til may so that's why they let me stay til then... But I wanna spend summer with my fiance, is there a way to extend my stay? Officer falsely accused me of working here and then my fiance told him the same stuff so yeah....

There is a form to extend your stay, but given your history, I doubt it would be approved. You have been staying in the US too much already, and that is shown by the short time you were given this time. If you tried to extend they would see the notes from your last entry and the short stay you got.

The form costs money. It is called I-539. If it is denied I think they cancel your visa.

http://www.uscis.gov/i-539

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Tourist visas are for temporary visits. Not come for 6 months, go back for a short time, and come back for another 6 months in a living-here-but-not-living-here scenario. You're not the first "clever" person who's tried that. You can try for the very unlikely extension, but in all probability you'll have to go back on May 27th, and there's a very real possibility your next entry attempt before you get your K-1 will be denied.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He will not be coming back on a B2 anyway, so does it matter?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Dont rock the boat

June 2 2013 priority date
december 2013 Rfe
february 2014 sent Rfe
March 2014 approved at USCIS
june 2014 NVC received
march 2 2015 sent aos and iv package
march 8 i emailed nvc request to expedite my case
march 13 approved expedite request
march 17 in transit status in CEAC
march 19 case file at US embassy
march 23 first day of medical at Slec
march 29 personal evaluation...passed!
April 6 immunization
april 13 interview at USEM. under Administrative Processing Reason; Medical result was still not forwarded by SLEC.
After my interview i called SLEC they told me they forwarded it at USEM same day of my interview.
July 29 I emailed SLEC to confirm again when did they forwarded my Medical Result at USEM. They replied...forwarded April 13.
July 30 status update date change FINALLY.
September 2015 went in US embassy to withdraw my passport coz I've waited for how many months and no approval yet. Only to find out my case file has been sitting in the corner ...no one reviewed my medical result. to make the story short, I took medical again for the second time , then after a my medical result released, I have my visa on my hands.

October 28 2015 POE Sam Francisco
November 7, 2015 SSN
December 2015... 10 year green card arrived
December 2015 Driver's license issued..yay! <p>

NATURALIZATION N400 SECTION 319B
January 29,2016 Application for N400 section 319b sent at Phoenix AZ
February 1 Priority date
February 9 NOA
February 23 Biometric done, walk in (March 2 original schedule
February 28 Inline for interview
March 30 interview was scheduled
May 4, 2016 INTERVIEW APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Beutifulday go back home and wait it out. If you have to meet again find an alternate neutral country. If you are in the USA for longer than 6 months for all combined stays within a one year period they will cancel your tourist visa. I know because it happened to my partner. The government never believes that someone could possibly be in the USA for any longer without working. My partner was here with me on 4 separate times during a period from March 2011 through a February 2013. Each time he left before the stamped expiration date on his Visa. After arriving in Peru in February 2013 the USA embassy called him in and canceled his Visa. He never worked or did anything even remotely illegal or suspicious. He has his own business in Peru that allows him the freedom to travel whenever he wants. The embassy doesn't care. If someone had taken the time to explain this to him then he would never had stayed so long on any of his trips.

The kindness we give to others may never be recognized by the ugly souls we encounter in the vast jungle of humanity, but what we give will echo brilliantly in the smiles of those who have received it.

Filed: Timeline

It's not just a matter of working during the time period -- it's an issue of whether you are living in the U.S., whether working or not. Eventually, if you spend only a few days outside the U.S. and months IN the U.S., the pattern becomes clear and you will be denied entry or given a very short stay period, as the OP was. Working or not -- no living in the U.S. on a tourist visa (except in a couple of very specific circumstances that don't apply here).

Timeline

Yeah I came to America February 2013 and stayed til April and went home til June and then came here June and stayed til December. Now I'm back here til end of may, came early March. I will not try to extend my stay, I'll just go back home and probably not come back here on a tourist visa again, just wait for the k1 visa. I hope that I won't have any complications with the fiance visa due to all this...?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.