Bradrean

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers

2,792 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I haven't been very active for a while now, first, for my own sanity, waiting, and these days because we came to the US in August, had our marriage celebrations, my husband had to leave, and I have stayed and started a new job.

So I'm happy to say that we have received notification from an app (I haven't gotten an email yet) that on the 26th our petition was approved. Never had an RFE, also happy to say. Waited almost 6 months. (ohh, Nebraska...)

We're so relieved. But know there miles to go before we rest.

He's not quite prepared to make the move yet (we are small business owners in Spain) so we are hoping that when he comes to visit in December we won't have any problems. Just having on hand all types of proof that he will once again visit, and return to Spain.

Hello,

Im at the same situation because we are going to spend Christmas in US but we are not ready to move.

Which kind of proof are he taking?

In my case Im still working abroad and my daughter is studying. (my husband is a US citizien and live abroad with us)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello,

Im at the same situation because we are going to spend Christmas in US but we are not ready to move.

Which kind of proof are he taking?

In my case Im still working abroad and my daughter is studying. (my husband is a US citizien and live abroad with us)

He'll probably bring:

Proof of ownership of the business.

Flyer and business card

Paid tax bills of the business, and other receipts (water, etc)

Proof of apartment rental

Car taxes/registration/ownership etc

Social security tax payments

Also, he should bring copies of our I130 and other parts of the process to show how hard we have worked to get this far. If he stayed in the US now, it would mess everything up. That's my thinking anyway!! lol

He has a strong track record of entering and leaving the country on time. He's been here I think 5 times over the past 3 years. Hopefully that helps too.

For your case, anything above and other proof of ties and reasons you need to go back. Will your daughter study there next semester? Do you have bills for that? Do you have a contract with your employer?

October 2011: Met in Spain

2012-2014: Video chat + visas + visits and vacations = we made it through!

June 2014: Moved to Spain, got engaged 

December 31, 2015: got married

April 20, 2016: sent I130 package

May 2, 2016: package received in Chicago Lockbox - - - 12 days for delivery!! Don't use TNT couriers!! 

May 2nd or 5th, 2016: email NOA1... accepted and sent to.... NEBRASKA 

And now.... breeeeeeathe..... be like water my friend....

October 26th, 2016: NOA2 [We had waited almost 6 months. Received notification from the phone app, never got an email.]

November 9th 2016: USCIS sent the petition to NVC (app notification) [waited 2 weeks after approval for this]

November 25th 2016: NVC received and created account for our petition [waited 16 days after USCIS sent it, for NVC to acknowledge receipt]

Dec 1st 2016: Chose agent online DS261 [a few days later than it could've been since the above NVC email went to SPAM!]

Dec 6th 2016: Case available for paying fees. That was fast, I think! 5 days!

Took a long time to get package out because... life... and husband's family in Morocco had to travel to get police document.

Feb 20th 2017: Scan date at NVC, received weird email.

April 28th 2017: CHECKLIST. Moroccans are required to send a Court Report regardless of Police Record status. My husband had to go back to Morocco to get it in person. Also, NVC wants a 2016 tax return now that is 2017. My bad.

September 15th 2017: 2nd Scan Date at NVC. Sent for document review October 20th.

Nov 10th 2017: Email requesting document be brought to interview. Will schedule interview.

Case complete date??: TBD :clock:.... November 8th!!

Interview date : January 18, 2018!!           Result: Administrative Processing      :mellow:

Embassy called for new medical last week of August. New Medical Sept 10.

Visa ISSUED September 14, 2018. :blink:

Which office was it transferred to?

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

On november 1st I got this email from Nebraska Service Center:

".... The petition and all supporting documents were forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC) for consulate processing...."

Do I need to wait the NVC get in touch with me?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Now the waiting game starts .

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/IR1_and_CR1_Immigrant_Visas

After 10 days you can start calling NVC for Case Number & Invoice Number .

".... The petition and all supporting documents were forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC) for consulate processing...."

NOA1: 05/13/2016

I-130 approved: 10/04/2016

NVC Received: 10/27/2016

Case Complete by phone : 12/07/2016

CC by Email : 12/14/2016

Interview : 01/24/2017

Approved: 01/24/2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

You are now entering the NVC processing stage. You may follow this and ask any questions if you have doubts.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/615254-nvc-filers-november-2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS on your Approval ???. Wait about 2 weeks then call NVC and see if they have a case and invoice number for you. #GoodLuck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi everyone !

I'm very new to this and I'm starting to freak out !

My priority date is May 23 (Nebraska center) and I'm currently waiting for NOA2.

I recently checked the status of my case and this is what it says "On October 12, 2016, we transferred your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number LINXXXXXXX, to another USCIS office"

So I called USCIS to ask where it was transferred to and they said Lincoln,Nebraska (??? Am I missing something). :shocked:

I'm so confused right now...

Hi guys,

We finally received the transfer notice on October 24th saying it was transferred to Texas (I have no idea why on the phone they told us many times transferred to Nebraska, which made no sense ...).

Anyways, I could not be more confused as today the status of our case has changed again and says :

"Case Transferred To Another Office
On November 2, 2016, we transferred your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number LINXXXXXXX, to another office for processing and sent you a transfer notice. The notice explains why we transferred your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by December 2, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

I don't understand...

Does anyone have any idea of what could be happening ?

Thank you

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

It most likely transfered again. I've talked to one guy. He told me his case was transfered three times. Have you checked other cases using the app? The Android version can check 50 nearby cases. Good luck. Hang in there.

Hi guys,

We finally received the transfer notice on October 24th saying it was transferred to Texas (I have no idea why on the phone they told us many times transferred to Nebraska, which made no sense ...).

Anyways, I could not be more confused as today the status of our case has changed again and says :

"Case Transferred To Another Office

On November 2, 2016, we transferred your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number LINXXXXXXX, to another office for processing and sent you a transfer notice. The notice explains why we transferred your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by December 2, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

I don't understand...

Does anyone have any idea of what could be happening ?

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello People. I wanted to know when do we know it is case complete for us . how do they inform us from NVC? my scan date is 26th Oct, 2016.

Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello People. I wanted to know when do we know it is case complete for us . how do they inform us from NVC? my scan date is 26th Oct, 2016.

Thanks.

It normally takes 30 days for them to review your case. So if your scan date is Oct 26. Then wait until the 26th of this month then call them. But they email you when your case has been completed. Then after the case is completed it will take another 30days to get your interview date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.