Need help filing for divorce

46 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

First send letter to last known address, certified, and when it comes back undeliverable... Take that letter to a court hearing... You will be given permission to buy a classified ad in the newspaper where you live... They will give you the words to put, but like others have said, it will say something along the lines of "mr.. So and so, you are hereby asked to contact the court etc... After the 2 weeks the ad runs,if he does not respond, you will have fulfilled the requirement to try to locate him and will be given the waiver to file for divorce in absentia... No need whatsoever to jump through hoops to locate him or have him served or respond... Then you can divorce and move forward... And sorry this is happening to you...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=12.04.100

Washington state law requires service by publication to be in a newspaper in general circulation in the county where the action is started, requires no notice in Morocco or anywhere else.

Timeline

Years and years ago I went through a similar problem except I was married to an American citizen. He left and I had no idea where he was. I did know he was out of state and in the military. Back then the military protected the men from their wives no matter the circumstances of the marriage. They refuse to give any information. So my attorney told me to do the same thing everyone here is telling you. I put an ad in my local newspaper that I was suing for divorce and anyone of interest needed to come forward if they disputed it. I was required to run the ad for 1 month. Of course, no response and I got my divorce.

Timeline

Keep in mind that just because you think he's in Morocco he could very well have returned without your knowledge. I know my husbands family address by heart, if I was in your shoes I would file a foia request to get his address in Morocco from the paperwork where the embassy contacted him last to send his paperwork from the consulate. I guess one thing is for sure, it should be pretty easy to find someone in Morocco when they all live together. Secondly listen to what these people are telling you , and get permission from the court to print an ad in YOUR local paper. Too bad you can't trace someone's SS#, he could very well be nearby working. Did you know he believed in witchcraft?? Curiosity has me, what did he need to return to help his brother with?

Timeline

Another thing that came to mind, if you married in Morocco does he need something signed by you in order for him to re-marry in Morocco? If so....karma :) get your legal divorce here and let him figure that one out on his own end. Anyone know the answer to that? How do you divorce in Morocco if the couple is no longer communicating? Islam still recognizes his marriage and will he be allowed to re-marry without divorces papers in Morocco?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

i can not do a publication where i am because he is not here. if the consulate can not help locate him does anyone know about doing a publication in el jadida? I want people that actually know about morocco to answer not someone like

aaron2020 who does not know what he is talking about

In reality Aaron is correct in everything he said to you.

You badly need a lawyer. Not to advise you but to do what you don't seem to be able to do for yourself if you really want this divorce. If not you can continue to ask the same questions while rejecting the answers.

Timeline

Another thing that came to mind, if you married in Morocco does he need something signed by you in order for him to re-marry in Morocco? If so....karma smile.png get your legal divorce here and let him figure that one out on his own end. Anyone know the answer to that? How do you divorce in Morocco if the couple is no longer communicating? Islam still recognizes his marriage and will he be allowed to re-marry without divorces papers in Morocco?

In Islam a man can marry up to 4 wives if he can provide exactly the same for all of them......not an easy thing to do btw. But I can tell you this, when I married in Morocco one of the questions on a form we had to fill out ask if there was a first wife and did the man have the permission from her to marry again. Still I know of some other Moroccans that took a 2nd wife without the 1st wife's knowledge and/or permission.

Timeline

Okay so i'm living in morocco i can tell u that it's simple to locate him , u would come to morocco and not the consulate bcz it's "USA service".

So u gonna come to his home city . i suppose it's eljadida . U gonna go to the police office holding ur "act of marriage" in ur hand.

They gonna look for him and tell u where is he :)

hope this help u out

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Morocco

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-11-02

I-130 Sent : 2013-12-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-12-20

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2014-04-23

NVC Received : 2014-05-10

Received DS-261 : 2014-05-15

AOS Bill : 2014-05-16

Pay AOS Bill : 2014-05-17

I am the beneficiary

Timeline

Okay so i'm living in morocco i can tell u that it's simple to locate him , u would come to morocco and not the consulate bcz it's "USA service".

So u gonna come to his home city . i suppose it's eljadida . U gonna go to the police office holding ur "act of marriage" in ur hand.

They gonna look for him and tell u where is he smile.png

hope this help u out

That is assuming he is even still in Morocco. He has been gone 6 months and has his U.S. citizenship. I would say it is more likely he is back in the USA. Besides, plane tickets are expensive and so is divorce fees. The cheapest way to achieve her divorce is running the ad. Why waste her money really? He has cut off all communication with her and seems to not care.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Recommendation is to talk to an immigration attorney about the divorce, not a

divorce attorney. Their are laws about going abroad that protect you in situations

like this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.