rawas

How much money your husband gives you per month?

92 posts in this topic

Hi VJ family , i recently moved to the unites states ,im sitting at the house no Job yet, im trying to find a job in the futur soon, my husband doesn't share financial information with me, i get no money from him for now , i have a question , Im curious to know how much money your husband gives you per month as pocket money including anything you want to do like (hear care, clothes ......) saving .....?

a new marital life for me and I have no idea what the others wifes they do? are you responsable and in charge about the house budget? Food ...ect

Thanks

I work and my husband is the one who relocated to the U.S so I can't really give you much insight on the budget he gives me because I make my own money for now. Since he doesn't currently work, we just try to communicate as best as we can and he lets me know what he needs to have or what he forgot at home and we do our best to fit it into the budget. So I'd just kindly bring it up to your husband, when he married you he did realize that he would have to provide for you (atleast the basics) so I don't think he'll be surprised or angry.

but as a new wife I clean, cook, plan the grocery list/meals for the week, and try to remember everything I need to do and learn a lot along the way LOL.

My husband helps me a lot though, he assists me clean the house as well when it's a big cleaning and since I work nights and we share a home with my mother, so she cooks on the days that I work. On my days off we usually go grocery shopping together because we coupon (it's a good way of saving money on the grocery budget) or we plan a day out in the city, like going to the museum or the park.

As for a job, if you're religious, you should go to the nearby mosque and see if there are any volunteer opportunities or people in the community hiring. If you aren't interested in that libraries, museums, etc are always hiring volunteers so to get some experience you could always do that to keep you busy and not bored at home while you're searching for employment! Another idea would be to search for a job as a nanny/babysitter, a lot of people actually prefer having a nanny that speaks other languages so their children can benefit from it.

Edited by Tayri n Tudert

{OUR PROCESS}

*SENT PACKAGE DECEMBER 5TH 2012*

- Dec 9, 2012: Petition received by USCIS via USPS signature confirmation delivery

- Dec 13, 2012: Cleared check & NOA1 later in day

- Dec 18, 2012: NOA1 (hard copy) received in the mail dated the 12th Dec

- February 26, 2013: Petition is being transferred to another office

-February 28, 2013: Petition was received by unspecified office and alien registration number was changed.

-March 04, 2013: Called USCIS & found out our file was transferred to California Service Center.

-June 4, 2013 NOA2

-June 6, 2013: NVC Received petition

-June 19, 2013 : Petition left NVC

-July 3, 2013: Packet 3 Received (via email)

- Aug 13 2013: Interview Date : (Rescheduled for a later date)

- September 25, 2013: New interview date, initially approved but put into AP for insufficient co-sponsor.

- Sept. 25- Nov. 20th 2013: In AP due to insufficient co-sponsor

- Nov 21, 2013: CEAC website says visa is Issued :) YAY!

- Nov 26, 2013: Visa in hand dancin5hr.gif

Filed: Timeline

Yeah same here, when my husband got here from Morocco, it was perfectly normal to ask him if he needed anything on a daily basis. After a few weeks of receiving his social security card, I added him to all my bank accounts where he received his on ATM and debit card to use for whatever he needed. Now that he has been working a few years, he just goes to the stores and shops whenever he needs something now.

As far as the home stuff, we both enjoy cooking a lot. If I'm not home in the evening when he has a off day, I will come home to a wonderful moroccan dinner. I never have to make the bed lol, it's done as soon as his feet hits the floor. He does his own wash as he always did in Morocco. I don't work, so I basically do all the grocery shopping, etc. and keep up the little necessary things inside the home.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I saved up some money from my home country to bring with me but when that run out I just had to tell my husband to make his account a joint account, went to the bank n it was incredibly easy, now there are no uncomfortable 'can I have some money' situations. I was very independent in the UK so asking for money was really hard for me but you have to drop your ego a little and just ask.

Submitted k1 visa petition - January 20th,2013NOA1 - February 2nd 2013NOA2 - June 20th 2013Medical - August 14th 2013<p>Interview - October 4th
Moved to California January 8th smile.png

He never gave me an allowance, we had a joint account and everything is transparent and out in the open. We both know how much we make, and how we spend our money. May not work for all couples, but works for us

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

When Chinook and I got engaged, I started sharing all of my financial information with her. I opened a joint bank account and I sent her an ATM card before she ever entered the U.S. She never had to ask for money.

We both still are totally transparent about money. We still have that joint account which now both of us contribute to, as well as individual accounts.

I wasn't working either when I was living there but I never asked for money. Instead whatever I wanted I'd tell him and he'd buy it for me. However even though he was making all the money I budgeted it all for us, I allocated what went towards bills food savings etc. It worked well for him cause he didn't have to worry about that stuff anymore.

I agree with the others it's all about being transparent. Maybe you should talk to your husband about this

05-19-2012 - Met in Seoul, Korea

03-30-2013 - Married in Washington State

USCIS

01-03-2014 - I-130 Package sent to Chicago lockbox

01-10-2014 - NOA1. Case sent to Texas Service Center

01-14-2014 - Expedite requested due to military deployment

02-04-2014 - NOA2 (Expedite approved)

02-28-2014 - Case shipped to NVC

NVC

03-11-2014 - NVC received case

04-10-2014 - NVC case number assigned

04-15-2014 - DS-261 completed online

04-15-2014 - Expedite requested

04-28-2014 - Case forwarded to consulate (Expedite approved)

Consulate

05-30-2014 - Medical

06-12-2014 - Interview

06-20-2014 - Visa in hand

09-21-2014 - POE (San Francisco)

I work and my husband is the one who relocated to the U.S so I can't really give you much insight on the budget he gives me because I make my own money for now. Since he doesn't currently work, we just try to communicate as best as we can and he lets me know what he needs to have or what he forgot at home and we do our best to fit it into the budget. So I'd just kindly bring it up to your husband, when he married you he did realize that he would have to provide for you (atleast the basics) so I don't think he'll be surprised or angry.

but as a new wife I clean, cook, plan the grocery list/meals for the week, and try to remember everything I need to do and learn a lot along the way LOL.

My husband helps me a lot though, he assists me clean the house as well when it's a big cleaning and since I work nights and we share a home with my mother, so she cooks on the days that I work. On my days off we usually go grocery shopping together because we coupon (it's a good way of saving money on the grocery budget) or we plan a day out in the city, like going to the museum or the park.

As for a job, if you're religious, you should go to the nearby mosque and see if there are any volunteer opportunities or people in the community hiring. If you aren't interested in that libraries, museums, etc are always hiring volunteers so to get some experience you could always do that to keep you busy and not bored at home while you're searching for employment! Another idea would be to search for a job as a nanny/babysitter, a lot of people actually prefer having a nanny that speaks other languages so their children can benefit from it.

Tayri and tudert thank you , im happy your husband got his visa , and both are living together,

Yeah same here, when my husband got here from Morocco, it was perfectly normal to ask him if he needed anything on a daily basis. After a few weeks of receiving his social security card, I added him to all my bank accounts where he received his on ATM and debit card to use for whatever he needed. Now that he has been working a few years, he just goes to the stores and shops whenever he needs something now.

As far as the home stuff, we both enjoy cooking a lot. If I'm not home in the evening when he has a off day, I will come home to a wonderful moroccan dinner. I never have to make the bed lol, it's done as soon as his feet hits the floor. He does his own wash as he always did in Morocco. I don't work, so I basically do all the grocery shopping, etc. and keep up the little necessary things inside the home.

hi, you have been asking your husband if he needs something ,my husband dont ask me , i ask my husband to buy me something i need , he rarely ask for something like that, the only thing he do is to make sure we have food in the kitchen and he memorize what we need and he just buy what we need no more , before i came here from time to time he was sending me some money to do what i may need to , now i get nothing

Tahoma, on 19 Feb 2014 - 1:23 PM, said:snapback.png

When Chinook and I got engaged, I started sharing all of my financial information with her. I opened a joint bank account and I sent her an ATM card before she ever entered the U.S. She never had to ask for money.

We both still are totally transparent about money. We still have that joint account which now both of us contribute to, as well as individual

Hi tahoma , happy for you and for your wife

when i have read some post in VJ i asked him to open a joint account /added me to his account ,

he accepted to added me to his Checking account

Edited by rawas

We have a joint account too now. But when my husband first arrived, we went to go shopping to get the supplies & clothes he needed to feel more at home. He didn't have his social security yet so I also made sure he had "pocket money" to go shave his head weekly and get his cigarettes.

I think communication is the key to let your spouse know what you need. Good luck and best wishes!

Edited by Ismael&Blair

hi, you have been asking your husband if he needs something ,my husband dont ask me , i ask my husband to buy me something i need , he rarely ask for something like that, the only thing he do is to make sure we have food in the kitchen and he memorize what we need and he just buy what we need no more , before i came here from time to time he was sending me some money to do what i may need to , now i get nothing

Rawas, are you saying your husband is not buying you the basics (deodorant, sanitary items etc) or just that you want a little allowance to buy some new clothes? Either way, you need to talk to him and see if you can come to some kind of agreement while you're looking for work. I think it would be a little mean of him to not buy you basic toiletries though, if that's what you're saying.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.