rawas

How much money your husband gives you per month?

92 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

My husband is the immigrant, and I work . I make an excellent wage, but he also came here with a significant amount of money. We've known each other for several years and lived together overseas prior to my return to the states and his immigration.

I'm just going to stick with my "gut feelings" on this subject... for goodness sake this 2014! I would be very concerned if a husband {or wife} for that matter held the entire financial bag in a relationship. To me this sounds like the beginnings marriage where one person has power to hold over the other. UNHEALTHY!!! I would sit your husband down and be really clear that this is unacceptable and come to some arrangement that is agreeable to both of you and where you do not feel powerless, begging for money or things you need. If he balks....well better to know now. guess you can figure out from there where your relationship is heading.

Now I know some people might say there are "cultural" differences that may take precedent in a relationship...however I'm going to remind those people this is the United States of America and no one regardless of ethnic, cultural background should ever feel overpowered by their spouse!

ok that was my 2 cents worth!

As the husband; My wife and I both have our own debit cards on a joint account. If she needed to, she can spend money...however, I don't really let her spend money just any way she wants. I am the only one working, so of course I am more stubborn about spending money. I think that is really what makes the difference. I want to save money so that we can go on vacations and save for emergency. It is not like she can't spend money, but she has to have self control otherwise I would probably try and make her feel guilty :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have this habit of always choosing the cheaper option even if it's not necessarily the best option. My husband HATES it so I guess that's partly the reason why he wants to check what I'm buying first before agreeing to pay for it to make sure I'm not just buying it because it's cheap. We've had so many arguments while grocery shopping because of this. Imagine us walking down a grocery aisle with me in tears because he won't let me get the cheap stuff.

+1

Filed: Timeline

Does anyone have a link to the other thread:

How much money your wife gives you per month?

$260 every two weeks toward household expenses. The rest is hers.

Thanks to Obama sucking the life out of the economy, she makes more than I do. :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi VJ family , i recently moved to the unites states ,im sitting at the house no Job yet, im trying to find a job in the futur soon, my husband doesn't share financial information with me, i get no money from him for now , i have a question , Im curious to know how much money your husband gives you per month as pocket money including anything you want to do like (hear care, clothes ......) saving .....?

a new marital life for me and I have no idea what the others wifes they do? are you responsable and in charge about the house budget? Food ...ect

Thanks

I suggest:

Talk to your husband about the household budget, ask him to let you manage that, and

he give you all the monies for you* to manage the household budget,

plus a 1 time shot of 2000 to buy the things you need,

then a monthly allowance of 500/month to spend or save.

Later, when you are earning monies, you can offset things.

Sure, it means YOU PAY the monthly household budget items from the monies he gives you, but you (yes, you) gotta start somewhere.

*I not mean all of his monies, I only mean the household budget monies, rent/lease/mortgage, utilities, food.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I suggest:

Talk to your husband about the household budget, ask him to let you manage that, and

Sure, it means YOU PAY the monthly household budget items from the monies he gives you, but you (yes, you) gotta start somewhere.

*I not mean all of his monies, I only mean the household budget monies, rent/lease/mortgage, utilities, food.

Madame, you are sure generous with other people's money. You must be a Democrat!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

$260 every two weeks toward household expenses. The rest is hers.

Thanks to Obama sucking the life out of the economy, she makes more than I do. laughing.gif

Hopefully your household expenses are very low.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Hopefully your household expenses are very low.

I cover most of the expenses, she covers the health insurance through her work and payroll deductions. The house is paid for, no car payment, so yeah, we are lucky that way.

I suggest:

ohmy.png

maybe he is just earning 2500 per month or less who knowstongue.png

i think one needs to understand that if spouse spent money and put efforts to bring you here means he is expecting some understanding from you.

It all depends on family budget what he earns and spends,what his liabilities are.

just thinking about what and how much you should get is not justified.

He brought you in his life to understand him and support him in starting so that he should not start feeling that he committed mistake to bring you here.

ROC sent (DAY 00) -2/21/2014

ROC received at center (DAY 03) -2/24/2014

NOA received at home (DAY 07) -2/28/2014 (NOA dated 2/24/2014)

BIO received at home (DAY 12) -3/05/2014 (bio appt on 3/20/2014)

BIO appt (early bio) (DAY 12) -3/05/2014

Approval decision date (DAY 89) -5/21/2014

Approval letter received (DAY 91) -5/23/2014

Card received at home (DAY 102)-6/03/2014

Does anyone have a link to the other thread:

How much money your wife gives you per month?

Back home, my mother actually sort of does that. She controls all the spending in my parents relationship (she does the books, knows what the in- and out-goings are etc.) and gives my dad an allowance (even though he makes almost all the money in their household). I believe he likes it that way, so he doesn't have to think about it. smile.png A true modern relationship.

In our household, we have a joint bank account that we pay for any living expenses (mortgage, bills, dinners out, stuff for the house etc. We both put part of our income in), and a joint savings account for emergencies/big spends, then we both still maintain individual accounts and savings (another classic "my mother" thing - she always said to have a "rainy day/running away fund", but really it's for buying stuff like clothes and gifts or other personal things). Hubs also has investment/stock thingers, but I know what's in those too.

We both know how much money we have (including roughly what's in each other's personal accounts). It seems crazy to not have the transparency.

We can both spend whatever we like, when we like, without asking (within reason - I'd be pissed if he blew thousands of dollars on something stupid without asking if I thought it was a good idea), even though our wage disparity is quite large (he earns roughly twice what I do in base salary).

Edited by lost_at_sea

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Timeline

ohmy.png

maybe he is just earning 2500 per month or less who knowstongue.png

i think one needs to understand that if spouse spent money and put efforts to bring you here means he is expecting some understanding from you.

It all depends on family budget what he earns and spends,what his liabilities are.

just thinking about what and how much you should get is not justified.

He brought you in his life to understand him and support him in starting so that he should not start feeling that he committed mistake to bring you here.

Granted,

but

since they not have any conversation about this,

and he's left her sitting around the house,

wondering and asking questions here -

it really begs the question of

'What's really going on?'

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

no? it doesn't beg that question?

ok - i'll study more, apparently her convos with her husband are buried in the topic.

;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.