cjmax1

4 months pregnant out of the U.S and waiting for my K-3 or I-130 to be approved!

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The USCIS website says to submit the 1-130 and then the 1-129 f. If the 1-130 is approved prior to the 1-129f then the 1-129f will be cancelled.

I don't know what to do. Why do they make this so complicated. You think when you get married it is an easier process. But nope!

I didn't know that about the I-129f. I guess your fine.

yes take it from experience. still waiting for my I-130 :( they don't care if your pregnant. sorry

meet Sept 2008 in Chicago
He left back to Palestine Aug 2010
I went to Palestine May 30,2012
6/13/2012 Married in Palestine
7/04/2012 arrived back in Chicago
7/25/2012 mailed in I-130
7/26/2012 NOA 1 arrived. to be serviced in California
3/3/2013 our baby was born !!!!

6/17/2013 Case transferred to Local city

11/13/2013 interview at Chicago

1/27/2014 RFE DNA test

3/7/2014 RFE completed and mailed in

5/12/2014 **I-130 APPROVED** !! 652 days

6/3/2014 NVC received case

7/11/2014 choice of agent signed

7/19/2014 pay AOS bill, send aos packet

7/22/2014 NVC received AOS papers

8/20/2014 send IV packet

8/25/2014 NVC received IV papers

8/27/2014 pay IV bill

9/9/2014 DS-260 completed

9/15/2014 AOS checklist

9/24/2014 NVC scanned aos

10/29/2014 "paid" turned to "n/a"

10/31/2014 called NVC and confirmed case complete

11/4/2014 email with interview scheduled

12/15/2014 INTERVIEW

02/20/2015 I-601 waiver received @ Nebraska

07/14/2015 I-601 waiver APPROVED

8/10/2015 ceac changed from refused to ready

8/12/2015 visa was issued !!!!!!

8/25/2015 POE Chicago, no questions asked about waiver

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

I doubt you will be able to have the baby in the US.

My husband sent our I-130 2 months before we conceived. I am due 11 months after our I-130 was sent and I doubt my visa will be ready by then. Really, it should be ready even sooner, as most companies will not let you fly after 36 weeks (and my US/EU OB/GYNs do not recommend flying after 30 weeks, anyways).

I had the option of having the baby in the US on a tourist visa, then coming back home to finish the process. I decided against it. We made plans to have the baby in EU, my husband will take months off of work to be with us (paternity leave, FMLA) and then I will patiently wait out the rest of the process and fly to the US when the baby is 4-5 months old.

I hope you can make similar plans.

flying.gif 2006 - met online  | 2008 - met IRL  | 2011 - engagement  | 2012 - wedding | 2013 - IR-1 | 2014 - child | 2015 - POE | 2018 - N-400  |  2019 - USC 

Check my About me for the full IR-1 or N-400 timeline.

You also need to think about the costs of giving birth in the US if you are there without insurance. Without an immigrant visa you may not be able to be added to your husband's insurance or even purchase your own.

The bill for a regular hospital birth can be around $20,000 - $40,000 and if you need a Cesarean it can go to $80,000

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Pregnancy will not get your case expedited.

You may want to look into filing CRBA: http://canberra.usembassy.gov/report-birth-abroad.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

im pregnant with our second child and they really dont care if your together. Sorry for telling you this. I had to go back to US to have my first but trust me it does make ur relationship stronger <3 they approved our noa2 after he was born in a week and now still waiting for the visa still nothing. But good luck honey hope you do get approved soon !

The 1-130 is still pending, and then I filed for the K3 visa. (Which as I reading was silly as they appear to be obsolete). My husband is still in the U.S and I am in Australia. I would like to be with him to have the baby, in our house. If possible. So want to get back there asap. It's fun being pregnant at home, but it is our first child and he is missing out on it all.

Are there any other options?

Nope

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I am also pregnant and haven't gotten aproved but i think as others said they don't care much about it. In my case we are very lucky that my fiance is getting a month of work and will come next week so he can be there for the birth but besides that i don't think that there are much options besides that unfortunately... But good luck to you hopefully your petition gets aproved soon

event.png
K1 journey
- 31 october 2013: sent I-129f package
- 06 november 2013: NOA1Hardcopy
- 12 november 2013: alien registration number changed
- 21 March 2014: NOA2 E-mail
- 27 March 2014: NOA2 Hardcopy
- 09 Apri 2014: Case sent to NVC
- 02 May 2014: Pack 3 received
- 07 May 2014: Pack 3 send
- 10 May 2014: Pack 4 received
- 13 May 2014: Medical
- 27 May 2014: Interview ( approved )

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Unfortunately they don't care about anything , u just gonna have to wait .. Good luck

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Morocco

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-11-02

I-130 Sent : 2013-12-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-12-20

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2014-04-23

NVC Received : 2014-05-10

Received DS-261 : 2014-05-15

AOS Bill : 2014-05-16

Pay AOS Bill : 2014-05-17

I am the beneficiary

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Sorry, no expeites for pregnancy... They consider it a "choice" and part of family planning decisions not an emergency condition... If they were to grant expedites merely for getting pregnant there for sure would be a rampant misuse of that loophole... But as others have said, there are significant advantages to giving birth in your home country, financial burden certainly being one of them... Good luck

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

I was in the same position last year...I had prime medical coverage in the U.S and my hubby missed the birth, it was heart breaking....I ended up having my son in the UK and flying back when he was 3 weeks old, my hubby loved our son from the moment we stepped off the plane...it'll be ok

Edited by ekj

I highly suggest you stay in Australia for the birth of your child due to several reasons. Your visa is HIGHLY unlikely to be ready before you have to stop flying. There is no expedite for pregnant mothers. Medical care in the USA is very expensive. If there are complications you end up paying even more. A cash birth in the USA can run around $10,000. If a c-section or any post natal care is needed, that figure jumps dramatically. Not all medical providers consider immigration as being a life changing event (even though to us it is for sure.) So they may make you wait until the next "open period" when changes can be made to the coverage. I had to do with with my husband so I haven't had medical coverage from June, when I moved from Canada, until it finally started Jan 1st. (Open period was in November.)

It is relatively easy and painless to obtain a CRBA for the baby after they are born. This means the child is a USC and can move to the USA.

I know it's really expensive to fly to Oz, but in the end I'm afraid it'll be your only option. I highly suggest your husband earn up as much leave as possible so he can spend both the time with you for the birth and also to help you move when you do finally get the visa.

Best of luck to you and your husband. I hope he's able to be there for all the important bits and that your visa journey is short and swift.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

You also need to think about the costs of giving birth in the US if you are there without insurance. Without an immigrant visa you may not be able to be added to your husband's insurance or even purchase your own.

The bill for a regular hospital birth can be around $20,000 - $40,000 and if you need a Cesarean it can go to $80,000

We had our baby in an Expat baby hospital in Vietnam with c-section. Total bill was $2,500 and insurance covered 60% though cash reimbursement.

The wife's sister in law just had a baby natural child birth at one of the Saigon baby hospitals that the locals use. That was $400. Although I won't be able to handle having a baby there. There were blood stains on the walls.

Where did you get those figures from? That sounds like total cost for pre and post care. 2012 statics puts the average for natural birth at $10,000 with the upper 5% paying $18,000. For C-section average was $15,000 average and the upper 5% was $28,000.

I have a PPO plan with United Health Care through my employer. I added the wife to my company medical insurance once I received the marriage certificate sending a scanned copy. Had 90 days to it as it's considered a life changing event. Immigration status was completely irrelevant, they could careless where your spouse was from as long as you had a marriage certificate. No I couldn't use my coverage overseas but I could pay cash or credit and make a foreign claim reimbursement by just sending them the original bills with completed request form. The important one was the itemized bill from the hospital. I just told the hospital staff that I was going to submit for reimbursement and they gave me exactly what I needed; doesn't even need to be translated. I didn't even need the birth certificate as this was a claim for the mother.

I added my son to my medical only using scanned copy of the hospital certificate of live birth. That easy.

My wife's prenatal costs were about $400. They only did one check up every two months for the first 6 then once every month after that with the last check a week before delivery. Postnatal care has been $100 bucks for c-section; it's only been one check up one month after the c-section. Then one more check after three months and then they don't ask to see you again.

Todd&Hanh I think youre misunderstanding thay the OP isnt concerned about the cost of health care in Australia, which would be nil, but wants to have the baby in the USA so the father can be present.

Not everyone can be put on medical coverage before they move to the USA or even before the open period for changing benefits.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.