Misha'sgirl

NOT SURE WHERE TO POST THIS...

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi,

Back in November we got our NOA2 and proceeded to gather docs right away. I knew I didn't make enough to sponsor my fiance on my own.

So we implored my dad to be our co-sponsor. I use the word "implore" because it sertainly felt like begging. I didn't think it would be such a huge deal to help your own flesh and blood but I've always been distant from my dad so in a way I'm not surprised he didn't just jump on the idea.

But at long last, he did decide to help us and began to gather his documents and filled out the I-134. However, when it came to sending the documents and form to the beneficiary (as it states should be done so they beneficiary can bring it to their interview) He told us he was not going to send it through the mail to us. His reasons are: It could get lost in the mail, it could get stolen, or we could lose it along the way to Moscow. I have a little question that I'd like all to answer...did your co-sponsor send his documents and form to your fiance so your fiance could take to his interview? Did the documents get lost or stolen? How often does that happen? I'm being cynical here, even though I'm sure its unoticable, beforementioned.

So, he began researching a different way to send his docs and form. He wanted to send it directly to the consulate in the embassy in Moscow. I told him I didn;t think it was possible and even posted a topic on here a little while back about it. I got answers saying it was not possible to send it any other way. He has to send it to the beneficiary so that the beneficiary can bring it to the interview.

I told him this. But he insisted that it was possible. He emailed the embassy in Moscow and asked where he should send his affidavit of support and supporting documents. They replied that he could email or fax it, or mail it. He decided he wants to email it. But here is the kicker...

Its been several weeks since his decision to email it, and he has NOT emailed it yet. I keep sweetly reminding him. He always has an excuse: "I've been sick", "My businesses are keeping me very busy." "I'm having to deal with an unprofessional employee." "What extra time I've had, I've been spending it repairing the relationship between your mother and I...". I'm super happy that they can work things out after seven years of separation...but I'm always laughing at them. I know the history, the damage done, and I'm wondering why my mother gives him a...I think it's...well I can't even remember what number this chance is. Needless to say, he was abusive and I don't feel he has changed. I feel he is only suppressing it. And I hate to see my mother put herself in that position again. however, she is a grown a.s.s. woman and can make her own decision even though I feel she cannot make good ones a lot of the time.

Sorry I got off subject but this a rant and it doesn't really freaking matter.

So, basically my dad says it is possible for him to send the I-134 Affidavit Of Support and Supporting Documentation to the Embassy in Moscow BY EMAIL.

Is my fiance going to show up at his interview and have problems with the consulate because my dad chose to send his co-sponsorship docs by email?

If yes, then I don't know what to do or think anymore. Supposedly the consulate is saying that it is possible, acceptable, to send it by email and they will add it to the file for when my fiance has his interview. But some are saying needs to be sent to the benficiary so that it can be brought to the interview. What is it! It's driving me crazy...

I've already tried to convince my dad to do it the way it says to do it in "Documents the fiance needs to bring to their interview" list...but he insists that if the consulate says its okay in an email, then its okay and he's gonna do it that way.

75d3fe5d-a5ae-444e-9bfd-153e5d79ff5a_zps

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Usually the Embassy requires original signatures of the petitioner and joint sponsor on the i-134.

Double check what your dad said about Moscow accepting it via email. secret7vf.gif

This really should be moved to the RUB forum for more replies, but I think it's highly implausible that Moscow will accept an emailed I-134.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

This is the conversation between my dad and the consulate:

My dad: "Please advise the proper address and mailing preferences for the form I-134.

We have completed this form in accordance with the instructions for the following case:

Case Number:

USCIS Receipt Number:

Principal:

Petitioner:

I see no instructions on-line or on the form itself as to where to mail our completed form and all the supporting documents.

These are sensitive papers and includes my personal information.

I understand that this form and documents must be received prior to Mikhail's interview."

The consulate: "You may either email copies to consulmo@state.gov or fax to (495) 728-5247. Alternatively, the applicant may submit them along with other required documents at the time of his visa interivew

Sincerely,

Public Liaison Unit
Consular Section
US Embassy, Moscow"

My dad reply: "Regarding our original email above, please respond:

If we email the I-134 and all the supporting documents, will we receive a confirmation that you have received it and that it will be included in Mikhail Zhaden's file?

Also, can the I-134 form even be emailed?

The instructions state that the forms must be originals.

If the form must be originals, please provide an address where we may FEDERAL EXPRESS the entire package."

Consulate reply: "Yes, the form and the supporting documents can be emailed to us. Then they will be included in the applicant’s file

Sincerely,

Public Liaison Unit
Consular Section
US Embassy, Moscow"

My dad reply: "Thank you for your response.

Shall I email these documents to this same email address?

Should it be sent to a particular division or to the attention of anyone?"

Consulate reply: "To the same e-mail address

Sincerely,

Public Liaison Unit

Consular Section

U. S. Embassy, Moscow"

Edited by Misha'sgirl

Interesting -- there's a hit on VJ from 2007 that cites that fax number (preceded by 011) as the "Immigration Section" fax number. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/49212-no-visa-%232/

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I say you be the courier on this one, no more email for Dad. You hand carry all, in a locked portfolio, then ask the Vice-Consul to melt the lock on interview day.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Topic has been moved from Off Topic to the Russia, Ukraine and Belarus Regional forum as a more useful location for this discussion.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Interesting -- there's a hit on VJ from 2007 that cites that fax number (preceded by 011) as the "Immigration Section" fax number. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/49212-no-visa-%232/

Okay thanks. But he is sending by email. Not fax.

I say you be the courier on this one, no more email for Dad. You hand carry all, in a locked portfolio, then ask the Vice-Consul to melt the lock on interview day.

Thanks for your cynicism. Just what I find most helpful at a stressful time as this. Since it is my dad's sensitive paperwork, he will be "handling" it. I am going to inquire that they recieved it and everything is good to go for the interview. That's all I can do.

Topic has been moved from Off Topic to the Russia, Ukraine and Belarus Regional forum as a more useful location for this discussion.

Thank you for moving it to the best location. I hope it doesn't limit answers...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Use FedEx, if he's worried about it becoming lost. Send to the beneficiary, not the Embassy.

If the cost is too much, then this process is not for you since this cost is a mere pittance to what's to come.

If he won't follow instructions, then get a new cosponsor.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Use FedEx, if he's worried about it becoming lost. Send to the beneficiary, not the Embassy.

If the cost is too much, then this process is not for you since this cost is a mere pittance to what's to come.

If he won't follow instructions, then get a new cosponsor.

I do not have anyone else to be my "new" sponsor. I already suggested him to use FedEx. He just doesn't want to send it to an unofficial address because he feels it highers the chances of it getting lost or stolen.

You're saying, it doesn't matter what the emails from the consulate say, send to the beneficiary anyway?

It is obvious that the consulate will accept it by email and add it to my fiance's file. But just because that will happen, does not mean its a good thing for our case. BUT, the consulate did word it like "You may email or fax it. *ALTERNATIVELY, you may mail it." I really wanna tell myself its gonna be fine what my dad is doing, but then again I feel it could cause issues at my fiance's interview. I don't really know what issues, but I hope they are not what leads him to be refused. If it is, I'll be livid. Not with the embassy or consulate: obviously they have their rules for a reason. But with my family... Oh how I wish I could get a sponsor who actually wanted to help completely and didn't scare about the way its supposed to be done. Well, I guess I should brace myself for the option(s) I might (really hope not!!) have to choose from. End the relationship or live in Russia or move to a Country closer to the U.S.... UUGHH!

It's not the cost...we already read in detail the cost(s) of this whole process from start to citizenship. We're not experts, but at least we know the costs. It's not going to be the biggest problem to suffer through. Especially if he is refused. :'-(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I would email the Embassy and you've been directed....AND.....FedEx a copy to your fiance.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I wasn't being cynical.

It's your father with this documents problem. I put forth an uniquivocable (sp?) fix to your father's concern.

If he still has these issues, it makes sense to use a private courier.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I would email the Embassy and you've been directed....AND.....FedEx a copy to your fiance.

Phil, I will email them. I've explained again to my dad that *experts (you guys) and the actual instructions say to bring original documents. No matter what the consulate emailed him saying, he still should send the originals...does that mean only the I-134 or does that mean he should send by FedEx, the tax transcripts, bank statements, letter from employer (he works for himself) and ...am I forgetting anything? What if he emails all of it, and then only sends the original I-134 by FedEx?

I wasn't being cynical.

It's your father with this documents problem. I put forth an uniquivocable (sp?) fix to your father's concern.

If he still has these issues, it makes sense to use a private courier.

Sorry for my misjudgement of you. HE still has these issues, so what private carrier do you reccomend? I will suggest to him.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Phil, I will email them. I've explained again to my dad that *experts (you guys) and the actual instructions say to bring original documents. No matter what the consulate emailed him saying, he still should send the originals...does that mean only the I-134 or does that mean he should send by FedEx, the tax transcripts, bank statements, letter from employer (he works for himself) and ...am I forgetting anything? What if he emails all of it, and then only sends the original I-134 by FedEx?

Sorry for my misjudgement of you. HE still has these issues, so what private carrier do you reccomend? I will suggest to him.

Only the I-134 needs to be an original. The supporting evidence can be copies.

From the I-134 instructions: "Evidence should consist of copies of any of the documents listed below that apply to your situation"

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Timeline

Only the I-134 needs to be an original. The supporting evidence can be copies.

From the I-134 instructions: "Evidence should consist of copies of any of the documents listed below that apply to your situation"

SO you're personal opinion is it is fine to send copies of the tax transcripts, bank statement, and employer letter to the embassy by email...but send the I134 by mail, correct? I think I can convince him to do that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.