Misha'sgirl

NOT SURE WHERE TO POST THIS...

31 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I always used FedEx and never had an issue. The cost was a bit, but I didn't care about that. I wanted to insure the documents got to Alla.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I always used FedEx and never had an issue. The cost was a bit, but I didn't care about that. I wanted to insure the documents got to Alla.

Do I have to have the original I-797 to bring to the interview?

75d3fe5d-a5ae-444e-9bfd-153e5d79ff5a_zps

Timeline

No, copy is fine. Originals should be on the 134 form, the two new Letters of Intent and the Ds-160 (?....the new form).

Timeline

No, copy is fine. Originals should be on the 134 form, the two new Letters of Intent and the Ds-160 (?....the new form).

Okay. What are the "two new letters of intent"? I just got an email back from the embassy. Here's the correspondance:

From Me: "My co-sponsor will be sending by email to you his Tax transcripts, bank

statement and employer letter as supporting documents for the I-134. We

were told it would be added to Mikhail's file for his upcoming K1 visa

interview.

Does the I-134 form have to be original, or can my co-sponsor also email it

with his supporting documents? I am under the impression that it needs to

be original.

If it needs to be original, can my co-sponsor send it directly to the

embassy or does he need to send it to the beneficiary, Mikhail Zhadan?

My co-sponsor has concerns about mailing it to an unofficial address. So

if it is possible to send it directly to the embassy, and have it added to

Mikhail's file, please send the correct address and any instructions on the

proper way to send it."

From Embassy: "We understand that you wish to know if applicant may provide copy of I-134 form.

In regard to your query, if the applicant will not receive I-134 untill his interview date, he may provide scanned copy of Affidavit of support. He can provide original I-134 to the Embassy after interview if it will be requested."

Timeline

Read the Guides. Newly drafted Letters of Intent from both parties with signatures are brought to the interview. Keep in mind that the Embassy's website is not all-inclusive to what should be brought. The VJ Guides are compiled from many folks' successful journeys. Maybe you won't need them, maybe you will. Since you have to send the original 134 signed copy why not send another Letter of Intent.

Yes I read what the Embassy has stated and one would believe that you could send the signed 134 later if they ask for it.

Why take that chance at any further delay? JMHO

Timeline

Read the Guides. Newly drafted Letters of Intent from both parties with signatures are brought to the interview. Keep in mind that the Embassy's website is not all-inclusive to what should be brought. The VJ Guides are compiled from many folks' successful journeys. Maybe you won't need them, maybe you will. Since you have to send the original 134 signed copy why not send another Letter of Intent.

Yes I read what the Embassy has stated and one would believe that you could send the signed 134 later if they ask for it.

Why take that chance at any further delay? JMHO

Are there examples of the newly drafted LOI? We will do this.

If my fiance does not have the original 134 at his interview, and they tell him they need it, what happens? Do they keep his passport, send him home (or send hm home without keeping his passport), wait for the evidence, review it when they get it, then make their decision to approve or deny (if kept passport, send back, if not, request passport by mail and then mail back to him)? OR Will he have to return to the embassy? Just wondering what the process would be for that type of situation...if you know. I already emailed the embassy to ask, but I'm still waiting their reply.

Timeline

Are there examples of the newly drafted LOI? We will do this.

Follow the Example Forms (link at the top of this page).

If my fiance does not have the original 134 at his interview, and they tell him they need it, what happens?

He'll be given a 221g form with the info needed marked off (standard checklist form they use).

Do they keep his passport,

That would be best.

send him home (or send hm home without keeping his passport), wait for the evidence, review it when they get it, then make their decision to approve or deny (if kept passport, send back, if not, request passport by mail and then mail back to him)?

They will insert the visa and mail it back using the prepaid mailing thing you paid for in the beginning.

OR Will he have to return to the embassy?

Usually not.

Just wondering what the process would be for that type of situation...if you know. I already emailed the embassy to ask, but I'm still waiting their reply.

Timeline

Probable depends on the day of the week??!!!

Timeline

I have no idea what the colors mean. I personally wouldn't want to gamble on any part of the visa process, I sent my wife my signed 134, along with the new signed Letter of Intent, and we had no problems. They did take the financial documents, from her, but that was back in 2009. These days they may do it different. Your gamble.

Timeline

I have no idea what the colors mean. I personally wouldn't want to gamble on any part of the visa process, I sent my wife my signed 134, along with the new signed Letter of Intent, and we had no problems. They did take the financial documents, from her, but that was back in 2009. These days they may do it different. Your gamble.

I'm with you in that its is best not to roll the dice and hope for the best with this process. The original I-134 is going to be sent to us (I'm with my fiance in Russia) but the tax transcripts, employer letter and bank statements are going to be sent by email to the embassy. I've already checked twice and read on the embassy website that it is okay to send those copies to the embassy by email. They'll be added to my fiances file. :) Everything seems to be working out now.

Timeline

Okay, I just tried to open the fiance Letter of Intent but since it is in Word, and I don't have that installed, it failed. Can you give me a link or something for an up to date example of what it needs to look like?

Timeline

Something like this format?

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Fiancé Letter of Intent

(petitioner’s / beneficiary’s address)

United States Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

United States Department of State
United States Consulate, [name of country where Embassy is located]
[Embassy Address]

(date mm-dd-yyyy)

Dear Sir or Madam:

I, (applicant’s or beneficiary’s name) , do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry (petitioner’s or beneficiary’s name), and intend to do so within 90 days of my arrival into the US using the K-1 visa.

Yours truly,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.