PUPILOVE

My husbands Visa was denied. HELP!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We had our interview Wed, dec 18 @ 8:15. We had all the information they asked and then some. We also had a copy of our I601 waiver that was approved. They denied his case because they said he was deported and entered the US twice illegally. Wasn't that was the waiver was for? To pardon him for his illegal entry? I'm devastated. I had to leave him there and it ripped my heart apart. What can I do? Please, any advise or experience anyone can offer here will be greatly appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so sorry I don't know much at al about the waiver process but I think the waiver forum would be the place to get the best responses. I'm going to move your thread there.

~~Thread moved to Waivers (I-601 and I-212) and Administrative Processes (221g), from IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures - As they are dealing with a waiver this is a more appropriate forum.~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

HI

unfortunatly, immigration was wrong in giving him the chance to file the waiver. your husband doesn't qualify for the waiver. the waiver is for those who entered ilegally once. If he entered twice, he automatically gets the 10 year ban and you can file for him after he completes the ban

he was deported, so he had a 10 year ban that he didn't complete in his country, instead he came back. there is no waiver with more than one entry to the country.

I'm so sorry because it was a waste of time, money, effort in putting the waiver, even if they approved it, someone made a mistake and he should have gotten the 10 year ban instead of the possiblity to file the waiver.

some spouses decide to move to spouse's country, others decide to live in border cities.

how long has he been in his country?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We had our interview Wed, dec 18 @ 8:15. We had all the information they asked and then some. We also had a copy of our I601 waiver that was approved. They denied his case because they said he was deported and entered the US twice illegally. Wasn't that was the waiver was for? To pardon him for his illegal entry? I'm devastated. I had to leave him there and it ripped my heart apart. What can I do? Please, any advise or experience anyone can offer here will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to hear. You might want to go over to http://immigrate2us.net/forum/content.php they are experts in the waiver business and may have something that can direct you what to do.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like he is 9c, lifetime ban waiverable after 10 years.

You can look up the 9c in the web site mentioned above.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.