Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2013

879 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

I received my I130 approval on Oct. 18th. Called today to confirm that NVC has received my approval. They confirmed receipt and said to allow a month to process before I should receive my case#. Will call again next week. Btw, we are April I130 filers.

Edited by kiky

Hi all, I'm the US citizen (petitioner) and am temporarily in Singapore with my husband who is the IV applicant. We got an email today with the following checklist for my i864. (Our DS260 was approved last week):

[...]

Am I correct to assume that our I-864 has indeed been approved and that my husband should bring more supporting documents during his interview to show my domicile is in the US and that we intend to reside in the US after his visa is approved? (I will be using your very useful sample letter of proving US domicile found in this forum and provide copies of utility/insurance bills, credit card info, etc).

The reason I'm a bit worried is that this email also came with a case number bar coded cover sheet with an NVC address. Should we just ignore this?

Is this checklist above quite standard before an interview is scheduled?

Also, would you know how long we will have to wait to get an interview date here in Singapore assuming our case is complete?

Many thanks in advance. This forum has been soooo helpful.

Yes, it does look like they just want you to correct the I-864 and bring that to the interview, instead of resubmitting to NVC. You can call NVC to confirm this, if you wish. Typically though, they want the corrected checklist returned to NVC, so not sure why they're saying to just bring it to the interview (consider yourself lucky!)

And time frames on getting an interview date differ by country. Start here for Singapore: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=d&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=All&op66=All&op7=Singapore&dfile=No&adv=

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am July i-130 filer still waiting for approval. Meanwhile, I am visiting my wife soon, and like to prepare for NVC stages. From reading all the posts from this thread, I realize that Choice of agent form and DS-230 is electronic. Does DS-261 includes both DS-230 Part 1 and 2?

Are there any forms that the Beneficiary ( visa applicant) has to physically sign in ink? International mailing can be a pain and by the time I get my i-130 approval (who knows), I prefer no further delay.

Other than police, birth, marriage certificates and passport copies and photos, do I need to collect anything else from my wife.

Advices appreciated. Is there anything else that I should get from my wife?

I am July i-130 filer still waiting for approval. Meanwhile, I am visiting my wife soon, and like to prepare for NVC stages. From reading all the posts from this thread, I realize that Choice of agent form and DS-230 is electronic. Does DS-261 includes both DS-230 Part 1 and 2?

Are there any forms that the Beneficiary ( visa applicant) has to physically sign in ink? International mailing can be a pain and by the time I get my i-130 approval (who knows), I prefer no further delay.

Other than police, birth, marriage certificates and passport copies and photos, do I need to collect anything else from my wife.

Advices appreciated. Is there anything else that I should get from my wife?

The DS-261 is now the online choice of agent. It's the DS-260 that is now the online DS-230. Since both forms are now online and required by everyone, no, there's no forms the beneficiary signs in the IV package. You just need to get the supporting documents. There may also be other, country-specific documents, but I can't help you with that.

Yes, it does look like they just want you to correct the I-864 and bring that to the interview, instead of resubmitting to NVC. You can call NVC to confirm this, if you wish. Typically though, they want the corrected checklist returned to NVC, so not sure why they're saying to just bring it to the interview (consider yourself lucky!)

And time frames on getting an interview date differ by country. Start here for Singapore: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=d&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=All&op66=All&op7=Singapore&dfile=No&adv=

Thanks Saylin, I did call the NVC to confirm about the case complete. She confirmed it is complete ( yay!) and that the barcoded cover letter is standard when they send out checklists. She said to disregard it and to NOT send any more materials to the NVC but to bring them to the interview. I think the reason we were told to bring more supporting evidence to the interview for the US domicile requirement was that we had initially sent only the minimum required - the deed to our house and my voter registration card showing our intended address. Believe me, we will be supplying as much evidence as possible for the interview !

Thanks again for your help.

Timeline

The DS-261 is now the online choice of agent. It's the DS-260 that is now the online DS-230. Since both forms are now online and required by everyone, no, there's no forms the beneficiary signs in the IV package. You just need to get the supporting documents. There may also be other, country-specific documents, but I can't help you with that.

Thanks Saylin. I had a bad case of sleepy.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Isn't proof of U.S. domicile only required at the interview? I have read through Saylin's NVC guide and didn't see any mention of showing proof of U.S. domicile with the I-864? Is that a country-specific requirement?

Timeline after visa approval

Immigrant fee paid on ELIS - Jan 24th

POE - Jan 25th

Update on GC and SSN

(as of March 14th, 2014)

ELIS status - Closed (Card produced)

USCIS case check with receipt number (starts with IOE) - Card delivered in the mail

SSN - Received (Went to SSA location to apply for one)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 Naturalization Process

N-400 package mailed in - Nov 7th

Payment posted on cc account - Nov 10th

NOA (hard copy) - Nov 14th

Biometrics - Dec 7th

In Line - Dec 27th

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Isn't proof of U.S. domicile only required at the interview? I have read through Saylin's NVC guide and didn't see any mention of showing proof of U.S. domicile with the I-864? Is that a country-specific requirement?

Nah, it's in there, in the I-864. Buried, but in there.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

received my noa2 today... checking in, Thank you for this post. Looking forward to all posts and updates.

Congrats. Happy for u. smile.png

Edited by CresentMoon

I-130 USCIS

NOA1: 08/15/2013

NOA1 Hardcopy: 08/22/2013

Case transferred to CSC: 02/10/2014

Case transfer Hardcopy: 02/19/2014

NOA2: 03/05/2014

NOA2 Hardcopy: 03/10/2014

NVC:

Case arrived at NVC: 03/13/2014

Case number,IIN,BIN assigned and email id given: 04/14/2014

DS261 Available and Completed: 04/18/2014

DS261 accepted and received instruction: 04/21/2014

AOS fee paid and Payment status is "IN PROCESS": 04/21/2014

AOS Payment status shows PAID: 04/24/2014

AOS mailed to NVC: 04/24/2014

IV fee paid and payment status shows " IN PROCESS" : 04/25/2014

IV fee payment status shows PAID: 04/29/2014

Approved IV packet and DS260: 05/20/2014

Interview Date(Got from NVC by call on 05/30/2014): 07/15/2014

Received Interview Letter from NVC by email: 06/02/2014.

Biometrics done at VAC,Chennai: 06/16/2014

Medicals done at Apollo,Chennai: 06/17/2014

VISA APPROVED at Mumbai embassy: 07/15/2014

VISA Pick up at Chennai VFC: 07/18/2014

Port Of Entry: 9/4/2014

SSN Arrived: 10/6/2014

Green Card Arrived: 10/22/2014

Case Complete: 05/27/2014

Removal of Conditional - Joint Waiver/Divorced

Green Card Expired: 9/04/2016

NOA Date: 7/13/2016

Biometric Date: 8/2/2016

I-551 Samping: 7/7/2017 at Dallas Field Office

I-751 Approved: 10/07/2017 (USCIS status: New card is being produced)

New Green Card Received:  

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello all,

We received a Checklist for I-864 on the 10th Oct and sent back immediatley. It was keyed in on the 15th. However, last week we discovered there is an omission which was not really highlighted in d checklist but for avoidance of further delay, we decided to resend it though the initial response has not been reviewed. We sent another form on the 28th October

My question is, does anyone know how NVC reviews documents. Since we have 2 seperate I-864 queued up in their system, will both files come up once the case number is keyed in. Is it possible they look at both and pick the correct one as @ the time of reviewing the one keyed in on 15th.

Saylin and any other person, what is your take on this situation. Thank you

Edited by kikie

It's included in both the FAQ as well as the official instructions for the I-864.

Hello all,

We received a Checklist for I-864 on the 10th Oct and sent back immediatley. It was keyed in on the 15th. However, last week we discovered there is an omission which was not really highlighted in d checklist but for avoidance of further delay, we decided to resend it though the initial response has not been reviewed. We sent another form on the 28th October

My question is, does anyone know how NVC reviews documents. Since we have 2 seperate I-864 queued up in their system, will both files come up once the case number is keyed in. Is it possible they look at both and pick the correct one as @ the time of reviewing the one keyed in on 15th.

Saylin and any other person, what is your take on this situation. Thank you

I'm assuming they'll review the first checklist response when they get to it. Then, they'll review the second checklist once they get to that as well. I doubt they'll look at both at the same time as there's more than 2 weeks worth of other packages in between them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I'm getting ready to send the IV package and just wanted to check/confirm before I mail it out. The below is from Saylin's post of what is required ( Thank you Saylin) but I have also read of others who included pictures, phone log, and other items that I had already included with my initial I-130 application. Should I include the proof of relationship in this package as well?

- Bar-coded cover sheet from payment portal

- Two passport-style photographs (2" x 2") of beneficiary (on the back, write: beneficiary's full name, date of birth, and case number)

- Copy of bio-data page of beneficiary's unexpired passport

- Original or Certified Copy of beneficiary's birth certificate, PLUS A PHOTOCOPY

- Original or Certified Copy of marriage certificate, PLUS A PHOTOCOPY

- Original police certificate(s)

Thanks

K1 - Filed March 2011

- Denied March 13, 2012

- Placed in AP March 14,2012

- Sent back to USCIS November 2012

- Expired March 2013

WASTED A YEAR FIGHTING THE DENIEL

MARRIED MARCH 15, 2013

1-130 Approved 3/3/2014 :-)

Finally made it home 3/18/2014

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

At long last got our NVC case number and Invoice ID number this morning. But I missed to asked BENEFICIARY IDENTIFICATION NUMBER. What is that for? innocent.gif Do I have to call back NVC again to ask for the Beneficiary Identification Number? How long does it takes for NVC to send us email? I tried to open ceac.state.gov. site and saw our case number there but cant click on that payment mode.unsure.png

Thank you for your input. and Ms.SAYLIN, I cant open some of the links you provided. I don't know why. Want to go over it and read but it wont allow me. (:

USCIS

Dec. 6,2012 - PD
Dec. 7,2012 - noa1
Sept.6,2012 - Received email from USCIS, case transferred from NBC to Local Atlanta office.
- Scheduled hubby for INFO PASS dated Sept.26,2012

Sept.21,2012 - Hubby received a call from USCIS Lady doing a "PHONE INTERVIEW".
Sept.24,2012- Received Text & Email " CASE APPROVED"
Sept.26,2012- Hubby still went to his INFO PASS appointment to asked further assitance for the next stage.
Sept.28,2012- Received Noa2 Hard copy

NVC

Oct.22,2013 - NVC received file
Nov.5, 2013 - Received Case # and Invoice ID Number
Nov.6, 2013 - Received Email for AOS & FEE Bill
Nov.8, 2013 - AOS & IV payment status " IN PROCESS"
Nov.12,2013- AOS & IV payment status "PAID"
Nov.21,2013- DS-260 submitted
Dec.9,2013 - AOS & IV package sent
Dec.13,2013- False checklist received. Called NVC to confirm and they said just ignore it. Its like a confirmation
they received our documents.
Jan.14,2014 - Called NVC and heared our document was reviewed Jan.9 - and we got a checklist
on AOS & IV.

Jan.15,2014- Received official email checklist

Jan.15,2014- Responded to IV checklist in the afternoon. Sending my NBI CLEARANCE (again) Thru FedEx.

Jan 17,2014- NVC received FedEx document at 9:40a.m. signed by G.Peters

Jan 17,2014- Hubby took a half day off at work to dropped off personally to the lawyer's office, a checklist on his
AOS.

Jan.21,2014- IV checklist reviewed

Jan. 29,2014- AOS checklist reviewed

Feb. 20, 2014 - CASE COMPLETE

Feb. 27, 2014 - Received Official Email..Case Complete

Feb, 28, 2014 - Received P4

April 1, 2014 - INTERVIEW DATE 9:30a.m.

THE BAHAMAS - PORT OF ENTRY

APRIL 10,2014 "HOME SWEET HOME" with hubby

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's included in both the FAQ as well as the official instructions for the I-864.

In the FAQ, it says

" You'll need to provide proof of US domicile with the AOS package, as well as bring it with you to the interview. Please read the I-864 instructions (pages 3 and 4) for information about it. This is NOT needed if the petitioner is living in the US."

​So that's my understanding of proof of US domicile requirement pertaining to the I-864.

Since my spouse (petitioner) is living in the US, we are not required to show proof of US domicile with the I-864 package? Am I right?

Thanks.

Edited by vegasbound

Timeline after visa approval

Immigrant fee paid on ELIS - Jan 24th

POE - Jan 25th

Update on GC and SSN

(as of March 14th, 2014)

ELIS status - Closed (Card produced)

USCIS case check with receipt number (starts with IOE) - Card delivered in the mail

SSN - Received (Went to SSA location to apply for one)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 Naturalization Process

N-400 package mailed in - Nov 7th

Payment posted on cc account - Nov 10th

NOA (hard copy) - Nov 14th

Biometrics - Dec 7th

In Line - Dec 27th

I'm getting ready to send the IV package and just wanted to check/confirm before I mail it out. The below is from Saylin's post of what is required ( Thank you Saylin) but I have also read of others who included pictures, phone log, and other items that I had already included with my initial I-130 application. Should I include the proof of relationship in this package as well?

- Bar-coded cover sheet from payment portal

- Two passport-style photographs (2" x 2") of beneficiary (on the back, write: beneficiary's full name, date of birth, and case number)

- Copy of bio-data page of beneficiary's unexpired passport

- Original or Certified Copy of beneficiary's birth certificate, PLUS A PHOTOCOPY

- Original or Certified Copy of marriage certificate, PLUS A PHOTOCOPY

- Original police certificate(s)

Thanks

Proof of relationship is optional. Typically only those going through high fraud countries include them. I don't know how tough Kenya is. If it's hard, then I'd suggest including as much evidence as possible.

At long last got our NVC case number and Invoice ID number this morning. But I missed to asked BENEFICIARY IDENTIFICATION NUMBER. What is that for? innocent.gif Do I have to call back NVC again to ask for the Beneficiary Identification Number? How long does it takes for NVC to send us email? I tried to open ceac.state.gov. site and saw our case number there but cant click on that payment mode.unsure.png

Thank you for your input. and Ms.SAYLIN, I cant open some of the links you provided. I don't know why. Want to go over it and read but it wont allow me. (:

The BIN is needed for the online forms. Or, at least it was when I was going through it when online forms were only available to a few select countries. I believe someone mentioned that with the new policy change where it's required by everyone, the BIN is no longer needed, but I'd need some more folks to confirm that first. You can call back if you wish, or just wait for the email (if you gave over both email addresses to an operator).

And which links aren't working for you? I can't fix them if no one tells me :P

In the FAQ, it says

" You'll need to provide proof of US domicile with the AOS package, as well as bring it with you to the interview. Please read the I-864 instructions (pages 3 and 4) for information about it. This is NOT needed if the petitioner is living in the US."

​So that's my understanding of proof of US domicile requirement pertaining to the I-864.

Since my spouse (petitioner) is living in the US, we are not required to show proof of US domicile with the I-864 package? Am I right?

Thanks.

Yes, obviously if the USC is living in the US, then proof of US domicile isn't needed, since they're already living there. The point of US domicile proof is if the USC is living overseas with their spouse, then they need to prove that they're going to move back.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.