17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I think creating USCIS status info on line and CEAC was a good idea

but I am beginning to wonder how many people will end up with a

nervous breakdown checking these sites, reading some comments

after ppl have checked them 10 or more times daily, I imagine

them behaving like research rabbits that keep pressing the lever for

more drugs after they've learned how to.

Love, lives and being together is at stake, its easy to say calm down

but at times ppl cannot stress over a situation they have no power

to change but wait....don't go mental

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

You're right, it's the first thing I check in the morning every day and several times a day, hah...

AOS timeline: adjusting from F-1 (I-130, 485, 765, 131)
09/18/2013 I-130/I-485 packet sent to Chicago lockbox
09/20/2013 (day 1) Delivered
09/25/2013 (day 6) 4 NOAs texts and emails received
10/02/2013 (day 13) 4 NOAs (I-797C) hard copies received
10/03/2013 (day 14) Biometrics appointment letter received (October 21 appt)
10/03/2013 Successful biometrics walk in in San Marcos, CA (3:10pm, no wait)
10/21/2013 (day 32) Original biometrics appointment
10/31/2013 (day 42) I-485 status changed to "testing and interview" (text and email at 6:45am)
11/05/2013 (day 47) Received text and email (4:15am!) with date of interview: December 10, 2013
11/07/2013 (day 49) Received hard copy of interview letter dated Nov 1
11/20/2013 (day 61) Received text and email (12pm) about EAD in production / case update online for AP too.
11/25/2013 (day 66) received text and email (1:45pm): EAD card mailed
11/29/2013 (day 70) received combo card EAD/AP (sent priority with tracking)
12/03/2013 (day 75) went to Social Security office to order ssn
12/07/2013 (day 79) received social security card
12/10/2013 (day 82) AOS Interview in San Diego, CA at 8:35am - APPROVED!
12/11/2013 (day 83) Green card in production (received email at 7:33am)
12/14/2013 (day 86) Welcome letter and I-130 approval notice received
12/16/2013 (day 88) Green card mailed, tracking number

12/18/2013 (day 90) Green card received!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Just out of curiousity: do you realize how degrading it sounds when you compare people to rabbits on drugs? How is 'don't go mental' better than 'calm down' anyway?

(And no, i don't do it ten times a day.)

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

How is comparing people to other animals degrading?

AOS timeline: adjusting from F-1 (I-130, 485, 765, 131)
09/18/2013 I-130/I-485 packet sent to Chicago lockbox
09/20/2013 (day 1) Delivered
09/25/2013 (day 6) 4 NOAs texts and emails received
10/02/2013 (day 13) 4 NOAs (I-797C) hard copies received
10/03/2013 (day 14) Biometrics appointment letter received (October 21 appt)
10/03/2013 Successful biometrics walk in in San Marcos, CA (3:10pm, no wait)
10/21/2013 (day 32) Original biometrics appointment
10/31/2013 (day 42) I-485 status changed to "testing and interview" (text and email at 6:45am)
11/05/2013 (day 47) Received text and email (4:15am!) with date of interview: December 10, 2013
11/07/2013 (day 49) Received hard copy of interview letter dated Nov 1
11/20/2013 (day 61) Received text and email (12pm) about EAD in production / case update online for AP too.
11/25/2013 (day 66) received text and email (1:45pm): EAD card mailed
11/29/2013 (day 70) received combo card EAD/AP (sent priority with tracking)
12/03/2013 (day 75) went to Social Security office to order ssn
12/07/2013 (day 79) received social security card
12/10/2013 (day 82) AOS Interview in San Diego, CA at 8:35am - APPROVED!
12/11/2013 (day 83) Green card in production (received email at 7:33am)
12/14/2013 (day 86) Welcome letter and I-130 approval notice received
12/16/2013 (day 88) Green card mailed, tracking number

12/18/2013 (day 90) Green card received!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I never checked tham at any time in the process, petition to citizenship. Waste of time. I received all notices by US mail in my mailbox and busied myself with other preparations which were actually useful and relieved stress. They also eliminate the feeling of helplessness if every day you wake up and say "What can I do today for my fiancee?" Checking that nonsense is not an answer.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Soooo true!

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

How is comparing people to other animals degrading?

Well, i'd think for rabbits it's a pure reflex to want to get more of the drug, and people would differ by the ability to rationalize their actions. That's the difference between people and other animals (though in other aspects there are similarities, of course). I was asking the OP about this particular aspect though.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I learned a lot from my daily checking, but our case was an anomoly all the way through, save for NVC. I got some speed at NVC at the front end, but that was from interactive stuff with staff there. clicking a mouse? using a telephone? not the same thing, but still takes up some of my time.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I just checked it for fun, to be honest. I have a lot work to do everyday at office beside talking to my fiance. When I get bored and then finally I went to USCIS website. It is nice to see when put my receipt number and showing information there. And no one knows when you get your approval, wink.png .

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Funny enough the very 1st day I checked USCIS website to see the status of my fiance application was the very same day it was approved. One of the best feelings I ever had, it was as if they knew I was going go check it that day and decided the approve it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We are all different in what ves us or motivates us. It may not help you to have the means to check status but it works for others. This forum is a means of support, not for us to criticize each other. While you don't see the need to have that tool to check status others use It to gauge timeframes and make preparations and it does give some people the sense of comfort to know where they are in the process. So, everyone do what works for them. No need to insult or criticize. Live and let live. Let give support each other. This is a great forum and the tools that are shared on this site have been useful. Good luck to all and much love.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Do what Gary recommends above and keep a firm count on how many rats are in your control group. :thumbs:

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

I never said its a bad tool and if my past posts are checked

usually I will give info if I know it, and refrain from criticizing

anyone. I understand ppl is here for info & to past time, I personally

am not here to beef with anyone or attack anyone, I made an observation

and stick by it many ppl posted about incorrect info given...This forum is

democratic free speech without being rude,,I will not take back what I posted

, neither do I intent to get into trifling nit-picking via the net, I don't

in real life so give it a rest............................................b;ocked

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.