salboreni

The unfairness of it all

50 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I know it's incredibly hard, but hang in there. My now-husband had to wait 9 months for his K-1, and we've now been waiting almost a year for his green card. It doesn't actually take forever; it just feels like it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I really feel for you mate. I can't say that I know exactly how you feel, but I do understand the frustration of the process and the heartbreak at being away from your husband for so long. It's very stressful. For us, it didn't take that long, but it wasn't 39 days either :) I came on a K1 visa, and was from Australia (which is classed as a fairly low risk country) so the process was quicker for us.
I sincerely hope that things speed up for you both and you can be together soon. Stay strong, our thoughts will be with you :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

This whole hang-in there statements are BS. Is there any other option other than waiting painfully? What else? divorce and find someone else withing the country? We are all hanging in there.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I sit here and read about this persons approval in 39 days...and here I am waiting 7 months...with nothing from NBC....are we being punished because we choose to marry instead of applying for a fiance visa? I'm so disappointed in the whole process and I don't believe anything anyone tells me anymore...I have had lawyers tell me.....You are an American...your husband is Arab..you can't go live in his country so it is the U.S Governments job to bring your husband to you....why did I ever believe these words....I have already decided that if this process takes much longer for approval..I will go live in the West Bank....I refuse to let anyone tell me who I can marry, and who I can love.

We have been in an Administrative processing for 8 months now, not counting the other 6 months we had to wait to get approved. I perfectly understand and agree with you. When I read how many others get approved in less time than us so much frustration builds. Everyday we wake up with a new hope saying today is the day, but sadly here we are still 8 months after his interview and still waiting. In this dark hole that only God knows when we will be out.

K-1 I-129F Sent : 2012-04-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-05-03

I-129F RFE(s) :NONE!!! Praise GOD!!

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-11-07

NVC Received : 2012-11-13

NVC Left : 2012-11-28

Consulate Received : 2012-12-03

Packet 3 Received : 2012-12-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-12-15

Packet 4 Received : 2012-12-20

Interview Date : 2013-01-18

Interview Result : Administrative Review

2013-11-20 Embassy requested new medical, pictures and DS160.2014-02-24 Fingerprints and Oath (But was told AP was still in place).Ceac Status:2014-03-06 Creation date changed and also changed from immigrant to non-immigrant.2014-04-08 and 2014-04-11

Status Updates 2014-04-15 "ISSUED" To God be the glory!!!

2014-04-19 Visa in hand.2014-04-21

POE 2014-06-01 Married!

AOS 2014-07-19 AOS/EAD/AP

Mailed 2014-07-21

NOA 12014-08-18

Biometrics 2014-09-23

EAD/AP Combo Card Received2015-01-03

Received Potencial Interview Waiver Notice2015-05-01

Submitted Service Request2015-05-08 Reponse to Service Request "File is in transit to Washington District office 2015-05-19"

Mailed Renewal of EAD/AP2015-05-26

USCIS Received EAD/AP Applications 2015-06-04

NOA 1 & Biometrics Appointment 2015-06-17

Biometrics 2015-06-09 2nd Service Request (No answer)

2015-07-10 Status of EAD/AP Changed to "Card in production"2015-07-10

3rd Service Request 2015-07-17

Received EAD 2015-07-21

2016-24-07 Still Waiting!!! 2 YEARS!!!!No interview, No Greencard

This whole hang-in there statements are BS. Is there any other option other than waiting painfully? What else? divorce and find someone else withing the country? We are all hanging in there.

Yeah but what else can you say?

Look it sucks. You can contact your representatives, local newspapers or organizations, and then that's about it. It's sort of just about waiting and riding it out. Some people didn't have to wait as long as I have, but some people will wait longer. No matter how long you wait, it'll never be quick enough.

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I understand what your going thru my husband is Jamaican and we are almost at 7 months and not a word from anyone? and my lawyer told me in February that the whole process should take about 7 months! I wrote the senator a letter and that went no where!!! I understand ur pain!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

My lawyer told me that the K1 visa was processing faster than the spousal? we went with the K1visa

the process has taken as of the 29th of this month - 1 year since I mailed our petition.

My fiancée received his visa without AP on the 17th September - I can’t tell you how many times I wanted to throw

in the towel and give up - call your congressman - I harassed everyone at the 6 month mark.

You should have some kind of response by now ? what kind of proof did you send in ? are there any possible red flags?

I will keep you in my prayers...

inshallah things will improve soon...

event.png

Yes, the wait time is definitely a tool they use to weed out the fake relationships. A lot of people can't do what we do; being separated from the people we love for months, years at a time coupled with the stress of the immigration process itself. Just look at it that way (if you can)- we're stronger and better for surviving this process. Our relationships are worth it! Just keep on keepin' on and good luck smile.png

This is very true.Its a cycle. I had a co worker who filed 6 months before us for a K-1. Our CR1 was approved at he USCIS 2 months before his. His wife entered the USA 2 weeks after my husband. But we are done for now and they still need to adjust her status and stuff.

My husband and I were just talking last night about how the last year has passed so fast. Once you are together all this time waiting wont feel that long. But I know know it feel like its taking forever.

when we decide to be with someone abroad, we have to be prepared for the obstacles to be togther---> it' so hard to wait BUT in the end it will be worth it. I hope you hear something soon and just think about how it will be worth it once this is all over!

good luck!!

It's a difficult and drawn out process. Keep the faith, be patient, don't let the craziness of the "system" get at you. I know there are so many steps and things that simply do not make any sense at all but in the end it will all be worth it. You know who you love and let God take control. Turn it over to him.

God Bless

Aloha Ke Akua

I will try to do all that you guys have said, but it's very hard for me given my negativity about all of it. I honestly can't imagine the day that my wife will actually enter the country and be able to be here with me for good. I probably won't believe it until a few months in. The idea of us actually living together is so foreign to me because I'm so used to being apart. Make sense? :( Thanks

Married in Edinburgh, Scotland: 07-06-2013

I-130 Package Sent to Chicago Lockbox: 09-04-2013

NOA1 from the National Benefits Center: 09-05-2013

I-130 Package Transferred to California Service Center: 02-25-2014

NOA2: 03-05-2014

NVC Received: 03-17-2014

Case # and IIN Assigned: 04-18-2014

DS-261 Generated and Completed: 04-26-2014

AOS Fee Invoiced and Paid: 04-29-2014

IV Fee Invoiced and Paid: 05-01-2014

AOS Fee Shows as Paid: 05-01-2014

IV Fee Shows as Paid: 05-05-2014

AOS and IV Packages Sent via UPS: 05-08-2014

AOS and IV Packages Received: 05-12-2014

AOS and IV Packages Input Into System: 05-14-2014

DS-260 Completed: 05-16-2014

Case Complete: 06-11-2014

Medical Exam: 07-08-2014

Interview in Warsaw, Poland: 08-28-2014 @ 8:30AM - APPROVED!

Visa Package Received: 09-01-2014

POE at Chicago O'Hare International Airport: 09-23-2014

I-751 Package Received: 07-11-2016

NOA1: 07-16-2016

I-751 Biometrics Apointment: 08-01-2016

ROC Approval (during citizenship interview): 12-20-2017

10-Year Green Card Received: N/A due to approved N-400

N-400 Filed Online: 08-28-2017

N-400 NOA1 Date: 08-29-2017

N-400 Biometrics Appointment: 09-22-2017

Status Changed to Interview Scheduled: 09-22-2017

Status Change to Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed: 11-15-2017

N-400 Interview: 12-20-2017 - APPROVED!

Oath of Allegiance Scheduled: 12-29-2017

Oath of Allegiance: 01-18-2018 

I will try to do all that you guys have said, but it's very hard for me given my negativity about all of it. I honestly can't imagine the day that my wife will actually enter the country and be able to be here with me for good. I probably won't believe it until a few months in. The idea of us actually living together is so foreign to me because I'm so used to being apart. Make sense? sad.png Thanks

Hang in there buddy. It will be worth it.

Filed: Timeline

I sit here and read about this persons approval in 39 days...and here I am waiting 7 months...with nothing from NBC....are we being punished because we choose to marry instead of applying for a fiance visa? I'm so disappointed in the whole process and I don't believe anything anyone tells me anymore...I have had lawyers tell me.....You are an American...your husband is Arab..you can't go live in his country so it is the U.S Governments job to bring your husband to you....why did I ever believe these words....I have already decided that if this process takes much longer for approval..I will go live in the West Bank....I refuse to let anyone tell me who I can marry, and who I can love.

my dear friend.

my wife is u.s citizen and she kicked all the bullshit advises and came to live with me.. i was in south africa that time and she spend 1 year with me there.

then i moved back to jordan and she came to stay with me and were so happy the way everyone treated her.

after six months she had to go back to the states to get things ready for me by the time i get there, also this stupid process took longer than we expected because in 2 more weeks we will be waiting for 9 months on noa1 and we contacted senator man and called tier2 million times and all we get in return is lies and nonsense.

if u think you have to go live with him in the west bank or anywhere else in the world then do what your hear tells you not a lawyer or a news papers.

i wish you all luck!

Regards

Fadi

No reason to get upset with my post..this is just me voicing my frusterations. When I said that i refuse to let anyone tell me who I can marry or not marry, or love...I simply mean that this is a choice I made...and I knew that there would be a wait.....but for my own choice.....I simply choose (if necessary) to go live in his country...rather than sit here another year waiting on his approval...there is no work for him in the west bank..even though he has a bachelors degree....it is hard to see your husband go through the same routine each day of trying to survive...all because he lives in a primitive country...and everyone knows that the West Bank is a war zone...just like Gaza. .If you knew the whole background...about how immigrations officers treated me when I came in POE, and I was honest and told them why I went to the middle east...you would understand more. The whole process is stressful...and I sympathize with each of you. We are a nation of immigrants...and I welcome background checks....but having worked for a school district, and undergone an FBI background check numerous times...I know that the district had their results back on me within a week....When i entered POE...I wasnt afraid from all of the muslim people around me...I was afraid from my own people.

my dear friend.

my wife is u.s citizen and she kicked all the bullshit advises and came to live with me.. i was in south africa that time and she spend 1 year with me there.

then i moved back to jordan and she came to stay with me and were so happy the way everyone treated her.

after six months she had to go back to the states to get things ready for me by the time i get there, also this stupid process took longer than we expected because in 2 more weeks we will be waiting for 9 months on noa1 and we contacted senator man and called tier2 million times and all we get in return is lies and nonsense.

if u think you have to go live with him in the west bank or anywhere else in the world then do what your hear tells you not a lawyer or a news papers.

i wish you all luck!

Regards

Fadi

Thanks Fadi.....I appreciate your words of support. This is what VisaJourney is about...not all of us bashing each other, He is my husband, he is Arab, he is Muslim..just like me....and I am so proud of him, and his heritage. If all of us would stop one minute and look around us....and take the hand of our neighbor...we would all see just how the world could be. Best wishes to you and your wife...and good luck with your journey together. :)

My lawyer told me that the K1 visa was processing faster than the spousal? we went with the K1visa

the process has taken as of the 29th of this month - 1 year since I mailed our petition.

My fiancée received his visa without AP on the 17th September - I can’t tell you how many times I wanted to throw

in the towel and give up - call your congressman - I harassed everyone at the 6 month mark.

You should have some kind of response by now ? what kind of proof did you send in ? are there any possible red flags?

I will keep you in my prayers...

inshallah things will improve soon...

I asked for an expedite on September 4 through our congressman...they are very good to me at their office. They said that USCIS has until October 4 to respond (because his file is at NBC). I sent in every document I had....to prove financial hardship, and medical reasons...and humanitarian because of where he is. I am 14 years older than him...but my brother is an american and his wife is 14 years older than he is... they have been married 20 years now....He has never been to the U.S...but i have been to Jordan to see him 3 times now since April 2012...we married in September 2012. I guess I just miss him so much. Things as simple as handing him a cup of coffee, or going to the mall in Amman, and looking out across the city...or fixing him American food so that he wont feel like he is starving to death when he gets here. lol The simple things are what I miss.

I will try to do all that you guys have said, but it's very hard for me given my negativity about all of it. I honestly can't imagine the day that my wife will actually enter the country and be able to be here with me for good. I probably won't believe it until a few months in. The idea of us actually living together is so foreign to me because I'm so used to being apart. Make sense? sad.png Thanks

My dreams are that my husband will be here with me soon....this dream is what keeps me going. Praying for you :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.