G+A

need advice on my situation. its nuclear.

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks everyone for your insight..I definitly can see where most everyone is comming from here. And i would give the same advice if i was asked about this situation. and here it comes the but. We have been together for 4 years i helped her a lot thru those years in heard times finacially and emotionally. But something interesting is around the time something was going on she wouldnt accept any financial help from me..none.

Anyway, Im taking a chance probobly the biggest of my life. I'm putting my faith in her that she is not trying to scam me. I just cant let this go if there is any chance i accept responsibility for whatever happens to me. If she keeps that baby i dont see much chance for her being able to come here. Time will tell all..Oh btw approved yesterday August 6th..LOL

Thanks everyone again you were very helpful even if im as stubborn as an ####.

I spent the night after work reading your topic and listening to what everyone was telling you. At least you can admit to being stubborn and being the Salmon going against the stream. Though I would urge you to sit on it and think about it for a few days before making your final decision, maybe even spend a few days away from her. I know the NoA2 might have revitalized you but tell her you need time to think about everything that has happened, at least let it be known to her that you have doubts about your relationship. Reinforce that message with the absence of you in her life. It may not be easy if you are use to talking to each other everyday or every other day, but it's better to test the waters now. As humans we have a tendency to take the things in front of us for granted, and when removed we realize the meaning of them. Ask yourself what is the worse that can happen by giving each other a break? What? Maybe you find out the space between you is good and you accept not being with her. Perhaps she realizes how much she misses you in her life, and wants to repair the damage, or nothing happens and you keep going down your marry path. None of us can really tell you what to do, because of course that decision is yours, but this is the time for you to show you strength as person and as a man.

Good Luck and I hope you make the best decision for you life now and for the future.

Edited by St&Sv

“Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water -it will make ripples throughout the entire pond...”

― Jessy and Bryan Matteo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Thanks everyone for your insight..I definitly can see where most everyone is comming from here. And i would give the same advice if i was asked about this situation. and here it comes the but. We have been together for 4 years i helped her a lot thru those years in heard times finacially and emotionally. But something interesting is around the time something was going on she wouldnt accept any financial help from me..none.

Anyway, Im taking a chance probobly the biggest of my life. I'm putting my faith in her that she is not trying to scam me. I just cant let this go if there is any chance i accept responsibility for whatever happens to me. If she keeps that baby i dont see much chance for her being able to come here. Time will tell all..Oh btw approved yesterday August 6th..LOL

Thanks everyone again you were very helpful even if im as stubborn as an ####.

Staying because you've invested "so much" in someone is NOT a sufficient reason for continuing any relationship. It's clear your relationship investment has all been one sided! Don't be blinded by flags of false guilt. Where was your fiancee's guilt and shame when she was banging this guy? When she got knocked up by him? If she aborts this baby it's all the more proof she is hell-bent on keeping her hooks in you. If she ever gets here, she will take away all your faith in humanity when she walks away green card in hand and you're on the hook financially for years to come. We've all seen this too many times before on this forum but some of us have even seen this go down in real life - like me.

I have to agree with what someone else said on here about scamming eastern European girls. Certainly many of them are sincere but far too many of them have gotten away with fraud. My family is Russian and I have lived in and near Brighton Beach my whole life. I have seen swaths of woman over the years get to this country and suck American men dry. Then after filing for divorce they bleed them further through alimony and child support for children not even theirs biologically. Sure those men were usually old, ugly or otherwise gullible but it doesn't make it okay to prey on them. It makes me mad these women have such an easy time getting into this country. The consular officers over there must only be focusing on their silicone chests and fake eyelashes.

Don't be a fool. This girl will break you.

Edited by Sarah and Adnan

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

Deleted

Edited by St&Sv

“Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water -it will make ripples throughout the entire pond...”

― Jessy and Bryan Matteo

Just unbelievable. Op I'd seriously ask you to reconsider. You chose a cheater once, and you're doing it again. You might want and need love, but you are truly not ready. A person who is ready for a real relationship, isn't out choosing a cheater. That is the actions of someone who wants their relationship to fail. A person who is ready for a real relationship wouldn't accept someone who is cheating. Cheating destroys all trust and without trust you'll never have a real marriage. You need more than just getting out of this train wreck, you need to figure out why you're choosing a partner that you know it will never work with.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

About cheating in a long distance relationship we all must realize that every country has its own take on love and sex. Some see it separated, and some see it as one. Here in the United States it is generally considered one in the same. With younger people it can also be harder to quell their sexual desires, which otherwise would have been taken care by our loved ones. Though I'm not condoning what happened I'm just saying that our long distance relationships must endure many things. Sometimes we get weak, and need comfort and find it in the closest person that can touch us. But also sometimes that weakness is exploited and it's up to us to decide which it is.

I don't need schooling on less monogamous cultures. But I don't believe this is the case here. If that was true in this case then why did the fiancee lie about the cheating? If it was simply a cultural difference, she wouldn't have gone to such lengths to keep it secret. Her mistake was getting knocked up. She would have never come clean to him otherwise. He has the perfect opportunity to walk away now before it's too late and he's saddled with total financial responsibility. He's already been "taking care" of her financially so what are the odds she'll get here and get a job to support herself? Slim to none.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

I don't need schooling on less monogamous cultures. But I don't believe this is the case here. If that was true in this case then why did the fiancee lie about the cheating? If it was simply a cultural difference, she wouldn't have gone to such lengths to keep it secret. Her mistake was getting knocked up. She would have never come clean to him otherwise. He has the perfect opportunity to walk away now before it's too late and he's saddled with total financial responsibility. He's already been "taking care" of her financially so what are the odds she'll get here and get a job to support herself? Slim to none.

Hence why I deleted it after reconsidering it was outside the scope of the original message being said by the OP. It was my personal opinion on the whole thing in general, and should have left it out.

― Jessy and Bryan Matteo

Filed: Timeline

You're very stubborn and it doesn't seem like you want to listen to reason. It is understandable as the human mind is a very fragile thing. We get an idea in our heads and are driven blindly by this idea - in your case it would be your "love" for this woman - and in the end it ends very badly. However, this is YOUR lesson to learn. No matter how much advice people give you, it is ultimately your choice. If you choose to continue with this and bring this woman (with another man's baby) over to the US, be prepared for the consequences.

Just know that in the end, when this explodes in your face and you've had enough, I sincerely hope that you are not one of those men that go around saying "all women are the same" because they are NOT. YOU chose this situation and are going into this knowing how this will end - regardless of how you feel about a person. She obviously does not love you nor does she respect you... but our relationships are only a reflection of how we feel about ourselves. It is only though harsh trials and errors that we truly learn.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

OP - no matter what we say, you seem determined to continue pursuing this relationship and this petition to bring her to the US. Ultimately it's your life, your choice, so run with it. I agree with others that you deserve better, but hey, like I said...

One last thing I want to mention in hopes that you might reconsider: please understand that pregnancies are rarely accidental as such. To put it discreetly, even though it can happen for a woman to sleep with a guy only once and fall pregnant, chances are that she slept with him multiple times, possibly even over many months (since you had also find proof of her cheating some time ago) and at some point it just so happened that she fell pregnant too. It's rather unlikely that this pregnancy was a one time accident, as, contrary to popular belief, there are many steps that need to happen in a woman's body and timed right for a pregnancy to actually establish itself. So it's getting to be too much of a coincidence that she only slept with another guy just once and this once also led to a pregnancy. If it sounds too weird to be a coincidence, it probably isn't a coincidence.

I don't mean to hurt you, but I hope you get to see the truth before it's too late. If she chooses to keep the baby and you decide to co-parent with her, please know that you are going to have a hard time explaining the pregnancy to the Officers interviewing her for the visa. There's no way you can lie to them that the baby is yours (and please don't attempt to, because, as I explained in a previous post, they will be able to find out the truth pretty easily), but then in their eyes she will be a scam trying to get to the US. A pregnancy will only complicate matters more at this stage, as a lot of foreign pregnant women actually try to get to the US to give birth, so that the child is a US citizen, hence giving them a path to residency. USCIS is aware of that and will not view your case with any sympathy. More likely than not, she's going to be denied the K-1, as Officers will not believe you are a legitimate couple if she's already pregnant with someone else.

So, if you are still determined to pursue this and be with her regardless of all the red flags, it may be worth thinking about a Plan B.

In any event, best of luck with your life!

My CR1 timeline (DCF London):
June 26, 2010 - civil wedding
Aug 2, 2010 - I-130 package mailed to the London Consulate (DCF)
Aug 9, 2010 - NOA1 (confirmation of receipt) via email
Sep 4, 2010 - religious wedding
Oct 21, 2010 - NOA2
Nov 25, 2010 - Case number received in the mail
Nov 29, 2010 - Medical
Dec 1, 2010 - DS-230I & DS-2001 forms mailed back
Feb 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!
Feb 7, 2011 - Passport with Visa received via courier
June 7, 2011 - POE Los Angeles (LAX)
June 18, 2011 - 2-Year Green card received in the mail!!!

My ROC journey:
April 2, 2013 - I-751 package mailed to California Service Center

April 3, 2013 - NOA1 date
April 8, 2013 - check cleared
May 6, 2013 - Biometrics completed

July 25, 2013 - 10 year green card APPROVED!! (notification via text and email, and website updated)

July 29, 2013 - ROC approval letter received in the mail

July 31, 2013 - 10 year green card received in the mail!!!

My N-400 journey:

March 19, 2014 - N-400 package mailed to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

March 24, 2014 - NOA1 date and Priority Date

March 27, 2014 - Check cleared

April 21, 2014 - Biometrics done

May 7, 2014 - In line for interview

June 23, 2014 - Scheduled for interview

July 28, 2014 - Interview - PASSED!!

July 30, 2014 - In line for oath

July 31, 2014 - Scheduled for oath

Aug 2, 2014 - Oath letter received

Aug 27, 2014 - Oath ceremony, I am a US citizen!!!

Sep 11, 2014 - US passport received

I wholeheartedly agree with all of the posters in this thread. Get out now!

Perhaps I'm being naive in saying this, but what about the real father of the baby? If she chooses to have the baby and he knows that she is pregnant (not sure he if knows), does he have rights? Could he contest the immigration to begin with? I don't know anything about Russian law nor anything about the guy, but still, it's something to think about.

October 2007- Became friends gaming onlineJanuary 16, 2009- Met in person in UKDecember 25, 2011- Ten visits later, engaged!February 24, 2012- I-129F SentFebruary 29, 2012- NOA 1 ReceivedJuly 13, 2012- RFE email sad.pngJuly 20, 2012-RFE response mailed to CSCJuly 24, 2012-RFE response reviewJuly 26, 2012-NOA2!!!!July 30, 2012-NOA2 Hardcopy ReceivedAugust 3, 2012-NVC received case and forwarded to LondonAugust 6, 2012-Case received by LondonAugust 13, 2012-Packet 3 sent out by consulateAugust 15, 2012-Packet 3 receivedAugust 23, 2012-Mailed affidavit and original forms to Rob via express mailAugust 30, 2012-MedicalSeptember 3, 2012-Packet 3 sent to embassy with DS-2001September 4, 2012-Packet 3 and DS-2001 arrive in LondonSeptember 26, 2012-Packet 4 receivedOctober 11, 2012- lnterview- Result: APPROVEDOctober 18, 2012-Visa in handNovember 15, 2012- POE-ORDNovember 21, 2012- Legal wedding!!November 30, 2012- Applied for SSNDecember 7, 2012- SSN card came in mailDecember 20, 2012- AOS/EAD/AP sent outDecember 27, 2012-AOS/EAD/AP Text/email confirmationDecember 31, 2012-AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 received in mailJanuary 22, 2013-Biometrics appointmentFebruary 15, 2013- EAD/AP approvedFebruary 27, 2013- EAD/AP card arrived in mailApril 6, 2013- Big family wedding!!August 12, 2013-AOS text/email- APPROVED!! <p>May 16, 2015- ROC package sent to CSC August 15, 2015- ROC Approved!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

She has bad news written all over her. My ex-wife cheated on me, and then tried to take everything from me in the divorce. This is what is in your future. Once she arrives in the US, she has rights as your wife, that she would never have in her country. She will have you dancing on the end of a fishing pole. The only time you will share her bed is when you must convince USCIS that you have a legitimate marriage.

Here is a look at your future: IF she comes here with the baby, you will be supporting this child for the rest of your life. If she aborts, you can bet she will sleep with you until she is pregnant and has sunk the hook into you. You will owe child support, she will divorce you, and then not remarry so that you must continue supporting her as well.

I agree with the earlier poster - Convince her that you will move to her country to be with her. See whether her tune changes if she thinks she will not get to the US, or if she really does love you.

Good luck with it all!

She has bad news written all over her. My ex-wife cheated on me, and then tried to take everything from me in the divorce. This is what is in your future. Once she arrives in the US, she has rights as your wife, that she would never have in her country. She will have you dancing on the end of a fishing pole. The only time you will share her bed is when you must convince USCIS that you have a legitimate marriage.

Here is a look at your future: IF she comes here with the baby, you will be supporting this child for the rest of your life. If she aborts, you can bet she will sleep with you until she is pregnant and has sunk the hook into you. You will owe child support, she will divorce you, and then not remarry so that you must continue supporting her as well.

I agree with the earlier poster - Convince her that you will move to her country to be with her. See whether her tune changes if she thinks she will not get to the US, or if she really does love you.

Good luck with it all!

Sorry, must have clicked it twice

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

To the OP's real concern, yes, this could be an issue with regards to the immigration process. The medical will note the pregnancy and timing and it could come into play. Although it is perfectly in your rights to overlook her indiscretions, it is also within the rights of immigration to deny the via becaus of them. You will certainly have to overcome proof obstacles to prove a bonified relationship, especially since the embassy you are going through is well versed to look for possible scams. You need to also get the real story of the intentions of the baby daddy as he does have rights and could put a wrench n your plans if he decides to contest her taking his baby out of the country. Whatever you do, my recommendatio is, with her history of cheating, DO NOT try to lie and claim that child as your own! This would out you on the hook for years and years to come should something not work out with her... Love is blind and makes us do stupid things, but I si freely wish you the best I. Whatever decisions you make.

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Just tell her that you are going to relocate to her country to be with her, cancelling the US immigration plan and see if her attitude changes or not.

good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think alot of people fall in to the trap of "All these trust issues we are having is because we are so far apart. Once we're together in person things will be different" I personally think the opposite is true. Once you're together and living with each other on a daily basis, the issues of trust (or lack of it) will only get worse. If you can't trust her when she's 4000 miles away, simply moving her into your house in the U.S. isn't going to resolve that.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

You need more than just getting out of this train wreck, you need to figure out why you're choosing a partner that you know it will never work with.

^^^. This.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.