gotham10011

Hello! I'm freaking out :)

29 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hello everybody!

USCIS just received our petition yesterday but now I'm freaking out because I just read people compelling tons of documents, cover-lettering almost every form or each documents to prove they've met in the last 2 years and 40 pages of Skype or iMessages.

Obviously I did not send a massive set of documents, I'm sad and I should bang my head against the wall! ohmy.png

First of all, I thought I only had to prove that we met in the last 2 years and that "proof of ongoing relationship" was for the U.S Embassy during the interview.

My envelope contained :

I129F - G1145 - G325A + Pictures (Pet&Ben -lol-) - letter certifying Intend to marry (Pet&Ben) - Birth certificate (Pet) - Copy of my passport stamps (EU stamps) - Copy of his passport stamps (US CBP stamps) - Copy of his B1/B2 visa - 4 dated pictures of me and him - 2 boarding passes (we've lost most of them) - Printing of airline e-mail receipts (last 2 trips and upcoming trip) - 2 sweet emails I've sent to him and a love note that I wrote before I left Paris last time (extremely cheesy!! but whatever heart.gif!)

I added a supplement for the I-129F question 18. I was very formal, kinda sweet and I also stated that we were calling each other everyday.

But :

- No IMs

- No letters from family and/or friends

- No gift receipts

- No Skype call logs (we never skype)

- No FaceTime where we can see both of us

I think this is not enough comparing to other posts I've read, my mistake is I "forgot" I had to convince the adjudicator instead of explaining we were in love.

I can feel that RFE coming straight from VSC in a few month! cray5ol.gif

Will it be an issue to receive NOA1?

Thanks VJ people!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

If you sent what they asked for then you should be fine. Just in case have some of those things ready to send if you get a RFE and have some evidence of an ongoing relationship ready for the interview process. I wouldn't worry too much.

OUR K-1 JOURNEYMET ONLINE 2011MET IN BELARUS 2012SHE SAID YES!! 2012NOA1 06/22/2012WENT TO GREECE TOGETHER 08/01/2012VISITED HER IN BELARUS 11/07/2012NOA2 VIA EMAIL 12/05/2012EMBASSY INTERVIEW 02/13/2013VISA ISSUED 02/14/2013ARRIVED IN THE U.S. 02/26/2013MARRIED 03/16/2013AOS,EAD,AP FIled 04/02/2013NOA1 04/10/2013Biometrics completed 05/07/2013EAD card sent for production 06/13/2013EAD/AP card arrived in mail. 06/21/2013AOS approved 10/21/2013Green card arrived via mail 10/31/2013Removal of conditions mailed 08/04/2015 10 year card approved 06/08/2016 <p>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everybody!

USCIS just received our petition yesterday but now I'm freaking out because I just read people compelling tons of documents, cover-lettering almost every form or each documents to prove they've met in the last 2 years and 40 pages of Skype or iMessages.

Obviously I did not send a massive set of documents, I'm sad and I should bang my head against the wall! ohmy.png

First of all, I thought I only had to prove that we met in the last 2 years and that "proof of ongoing relationship" was for the U.S Embassy during the interview.

My envelope contained :

I129F - G1145 - G325A + Pictures (Pet&Ben -lol-) - letter certifying Intend to marry (Pet&Ben) - Birth certificate (Pet) - Copy of my passport stamps (EU stamps) - Copy of his passport stamps (US CBP stamps) - Copy of his B1/B2 visa - 4 dated pictures of me and him - 2 boarding passes (we've lost most of them) - Printing of airline e-mail receipts (last 2 trips and upcoming trip) - 2 sweet emails I've sent to him and a love note that I wrote before I left Paris last time (extremely cheesy!! but whatever heart.gif!)

I added a supplement for the I-129F question 18. I was very formal, kinda sweet and I also stated that we were calling each other everyday.

But :

- No IMs

- No gift receipts

I think this is not enough comparing to other posts I've read, my mistake is I "forgot" I had to convince the adjudicator instead of explaining we were in love.

Thanks VJ people!!

We didn't send truck loads of evidence neither. I think you're good as long as your not from one of the so called 'high fraud' countries. We didn't even send passport stamps. And that was not the reason for our RFE lol

Hello everybody!

My envelope contained :

But :

- No IMs

- No gift receipts

Thanks VJ people!!

USCIS does not need the evidence of ongoing relationship, only the embassy does. People who include it in their I-129f only do so that the embassy will get it ahead of the interview, not so the USCIS will look at it. The USCIS will not give you an RFE for that, only for needed evidence of having met if you failed to submit that - which it doesn't look like you have. And the only time it would be a good idea to get to the embassy relationship evidence ahead of time is if you need to give them some extra convincing, like if it is a high fraud consulate or if you have any red flags. If you don't, then you should be fine with just bringing that with you to the interview.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Follow the instructions given by USCIS and Department of State and you'll be fine. Given, Europeans tend to have it easier than other nationalities wishing to marry Americans.

From what I can remember when I sent my application at the beginning of May we sent:

• Two letters of intent to marry, both signed and dated and included how we met and even our desired wedding date in the letters.
  • Photos of our 7 years worth of passport stamps of the visits.
  • A letter stating that my fiance was in the U.S. visiting me at the time we applied but had no i94 number because she entered on the VWP.
  • 60 photos of us, time stamped since 2007 until now (we went a little overboard on it, USCIS and the Embassy agreed but I think it'll get the message across.)

Ect ect ect, Just follow the instructions and make sure you fill out the paperwork correctly and you'll be fine. :)

Bonne chance!

Filed: Timeline

Hello everybody!

My envelope contained :

But :

- No IMs

- No gift receipts

Thanks VJ people!!

Everything you are worried about having failed to send, I also failed to send. It wasn't a problem, and I was approved relatively painlessly.

I am sure that your case should be complete enough to be approved.

What would Xenu do?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I sent the following as "evidence" that we met:

1. Passport Stamps from my one and only visit to Argentina
  2. Return Boarding pass from that visit to Argentina
  3. Photos:
    • Of him and I together with timestamps within the dates indicated on my passport stamps
    • Of him and I together in front of Cafe Martinez accompanied by a receipt from Cafe Martinez within dates indicated on my passport stamps.
    • Of him, myself and his father in front of the federal building.
    • Of his mother and myself hugging tearfully at the airport on my return flight to the US.
  4. Receipt from Cafe Martinez where we ate lunch nearly every other day (indicated in sub-item for #3), as well as other random receipts for items purchased within dates indicated on my passport stamps.

I didn't bother with all that other stuff, they'll want that when I have the interview as proof of ongoing relationship.

Edited by d3adc0d3

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Though it may be very hard to keep it in perspective..... It is YOUR petition that must be approved by the USCIS adjudicator, not anyone else's. If you feel confident that you submitted the most complete petition package you could...then so be it.

An RFE is not the end of the world, even then you know that someone has been actively reviewing your petition.

Have some confidence in your work.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I think you sent enough, I had sent about the same things. Paris is an "easy" embassy, there is not need to front-load like for others. They even give back right before the interview most of it (copy if engagement ring bill, emails, Skype messages, ...), like they don't care for it, and they give you back all the pictures when you receive your visa!

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I think you sent enough, I had sent about the same things. Paris is an "easy" embassy, there is not need to front-load like for others. They even give back right before the interview most of it (copy if engagement ring bill, emails, Skype messages, ...), like they don't care for it, and they give you back all the pictures when you receive your visa!

This is the most pertinent information for the OP to heed, because it pertains directly to Paris.

For others who are reading and who will be going through a "tough" or "#######" consulate: getting an RFE from USCIS can be a boon in disguise. Satisfy what USCIS asks for, and, when sending it back, include evidence of a bona fide relationship with a cover-note written large: "USCIS: Please pass this material to the consulate upon petition approval."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Exactly. I went to the embassy with more proof of ongoing relationship, they didn't care in the slightest. They gave me back all e-mails, and told me not to give them any more email/skype record/ anything like this (but I still think bringing it to the embassy just in case is a good idea)

To the OP:

You will be perfectly fine, I don't see why you would have a RFE for this. Most people in VJ just follow the K-1 guide, which says to include a lot. For some embassy it is very important to front load all the proofs because they are suspicious. France is not like this. Worst case scenario, they will ask to see a couple more pics, e-mail, phone/skype record at they embassy. So bring them for the interview. That's it.

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.