zttrszPwCmp

BINATIONAL SAME SEX COUPLES !! Show up!

1,174 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Excellent!!!!! I was wonder how long did it take for USCIS to "cash" your check after receiving your AOS application!!!!!!

No clue, I never did check when it was cashed. I would assume 7-10 days.

AOS - 130 days

ROC - 15m

N400 - 10/18/2019

bio - 11/4/19

Timeline

OK!!!!! Great to find a couple in the same "situation". Let's keep us posted on our "AOS Journey"

Absolutely, we are all in this together!

AOS - 130 days

ROC - 15m

N400 - 10/18/2019

bio - 11/4/19

Hey there, just wanted to say hi and good luck with your journey. Don't be put off by the horror stories you may read on this forum. We were very lucky in our journey - K1 filed in Oct 2015 and AOS approved June 2016, so hang in there! The system does work. Best wishes to all x

Hey there, just wanted to say hi and good luck with your journey. Don't be put off by the horror stories you may read on this forum. We were very lucky in our journey - K1 filed in Oct 2015 and AOS approved June 2016, so hang in there! The system does work. Best wishes to all x

Thnx boywonder!!!!!!!! Another successful same sex luv story!!! Awesome!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Please help!

I am begging for some positive and comforting statements for our upcoming interview June 28th. My fiance is very, very nervous and I'm trying to be keep the faith. We are a same-sex relationship from US and India. She is heading alone to the New Delhi embassy, which we read is one of the hardest embassies to get approved at.

She is nervous to go alone, plus the one same-sex female interview we read, the couple got questioned why the individual was gay. (We still question the background leading up to this question.)

Please just give us some positivity and great approval stories so we can increase our comfort for preparation of the biggest event of our relationship. Or a funny cat picture is amazing also.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Please help!

I am begging for some positive and comforting statements for our upcoming interview June 28th. My fiance is very, very nervous and I'm trying to be keep the faith. We are a same-sex relationship from US and India. She is heading alone to the New Delhi embassy, which we read is one of the hardest embassies to get approved at.

She is nervous to go alone, plus the one same-sex female interview we read, the couple got questioned why the individual was gay. (We still question the background leading up to this question.)

Please just give us some positivity and great approval stories so we can increase our comfort for preparation of the biggest event of our relationship. Or a funny cat picture is amazing also.

Thanks!

I wish you and your love the very best for her interview. Believe me, New Delhi is NOT the hardest embassy to get through! Don't be discouraged by questions that are ignorant or appear to be uncalled for. Just let the love shine through.

Please come back and tell us what happens. This is a brave new world we live in - and I have faith that love will win!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Please help!

Thanks!

We were never questioned about our sexuality in the interview. Situation is different tough. She was already here with a HB1 (job Visa), as soon as DOMA was repealed we got married and initiated the process. Our interview involved only 'normal' questions. We just recently did the removal of conditions and an interview was not requested. The last step would be citizenship in about 10 months. Just answer truthfully and hopefully you had tons of proof when you sent the paperwork.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

event.png

event.png

Please help!

Thanks!

Congratulations and good luck!!!! I came from a very male chauvinist country, Mexico, and everything went smooth during my interview. I got approved in 10 minutes, so my suggestion to you is to be calmed and relaxed, and answer all the questions with the truth and you will be fine!!!!! Keep us posted!!!!

Edited by art1976

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Please help!

Thanks!

I'm sending positive thoughts to you both.

07/31/05 First met in Ft Lauderdale

06/26/13 DOMA overturned

07/16/13 Married in Rockville, Maryland

08/22/13 Day 0 Mailed AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox (I-130, I-485, I-765)

11/20/13 Day 90 AOS Interview completed - Approved!

09/01/15 Day 740 I-751 Mailed ROC packet to California Service Center

04/08/16 Day 960 I-751 RFE received - need to provide more evidence of financial commingling

05/03/16 Day 985 RFE response sent

06/07/16 Day 1020 I-751 approval notice received

06/16/16 Day 1029 10-year greencard received

11/16/16 Day 1182 Mailed N-400 citizenship application

08/21/17 Day 1460 Received alert that naturalization interview was scheduled

09/28/17 Day 1498 N-400 interview completed - Approved!

10/20/17 Day 1520 Oath ceremony finished - now a US Citizen

I was wondering how other people handle this waiting period without being able to drive, work, travel, and basically function like a normal human being.... whistling.gif

I am trying to be all patient and calm about all this waiting part but sometimes I just get really angry about it...
I am also always trying to keep myself busy around the house... by cooking nice meals and new recipes all the time, by helping him with his PhD school work, reading, cleaning, learning....etc.... many little things that are fun but which gets old from time to time.....

Do you mind sharing your experience on this topic?

Timeline

My advice: Enjoy while it lasts! Life isn't all about working and I am happy just staying at home, sleep in, be a total slob, read, watch TV, take the dog to the beach (we live by the beach), catch movies at the cinema, musicals, go shopping, try out different restaurants and bars, visit some national parks, museums, art galleries. Summer is here and there are tons of activities going on here in Long Beach. When you start work and you look back at this time, I promise you will miss it and regret not taking full advantage of it.

The process can take as long as it likes for all I care, life is good!

Ps: Americans really do work too much, make tons of money but have no time to spend that money, don't be that person.

AOS - 130 days

ROC - 15m

N400 - 10/18/2019

bio - 11/4/19

My advice: Enjoy while it lasts! Life isn't all about working and I am happy just staying at home, sleep in, be a total slob, read, watch TV, take the dog to the beach (we live by the beach), catch movies at the cinema, musicals, go shopping, try out different restaurants and bars, visit some national parks, museums, art galleries. Summer is here and there are tons of activities going on here in Long Beach. When you start work and you look back at this time, I promise you will miss it and regret not taking full advantage of it.

The process can take as long as it likes for all I care, life is good!

Ps: Americans really do work too much, make tons of money but have no time to spend that money, don't be that person.

Thnks Marc_us82 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My fiance attended the embassy interview. She got interrogated for hours by several embassy employees. 10 family members were called and asked several questions, harassed. Due to lack of "face time" and me not being at the interview we were denied. We are devastated. We were for sure we'd get approved with no red flags, however because we only met once in person and I was unable to attend the interview we received a denial.

How do we appeal the decision, how do people get second interviews? How do we fight to try again? Please help me! I am lost.

Sorry to hear that !!!!! :( It seems to me that the next choice is to get married and apply as

Immigrant Visa for a Spouse of a U.S. Citizen (IR1 or CR1), but you have to get married in a country where same sex marriage is legal.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.