NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

I updated my address on ELIS in the hopes that it might trigger something. I guess I can at least be thankful the status changed to "Optimized" so I'm safe knowing my immigration package made it to Texas.

the NCSC forwarded a message I sent to TSC on 1/28 and I've yet to hear anything. I'm not starting on the phone calls until it's been three months since POE because I absolutely loathe using phones. I can never hear what the other person is saying!

Yeah I understand. Phone them when you reach 3 months. Hope they send it asap...

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I did my POE on 23rd Dec and received my GC on 20th Jan... I think it was pretty quick.. :) !

But regarding the SSN there is no update.. how can I check the status of my SSN Card ?

I am currently out of the US in my home country

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

hi everyone, i have a quick question:

my POE was on January 28 at JFK and when i enter my IOE number at the USCIS website it says there is no record with that number. is that normal?

and also, do i need to update my profile at the ELIS site?

many thanks

Timeline

I did my POE on 23rd Dec and received my GC on 20th Jan... I think it was pretty quick.. :) !

But regarding the SSN there is no update.. how can I check the status of my SSN Card ?

I am currently out of the US in my home country

Do you have anyone who could check your mail for you? Maybe a roommate or relatives?

If you haven't received mail from the Social Security Administration by now (even though you checked the box on the DS-260), then they haven't assigned you a number nor printed your card yet (and most likely won't). You'll need to go by one of their offices and apply for a SSN in person when you're back in the US.

If you already went to an office, applied and haven't heard/received anything from them within the 2 weeks after your application, then you also need to go by one of their offices again and talk to them in person.

Timeline

my POE was on January 28 at JFK and when i enter my IOE number at the USCIS website it says there is no record with that number. is that normal?

many thanks

The USCIS website only shows information on your record when your card is getting produced. Since you just got here a little over a week ago, they probably just received your visa package from your POE in Texas (usually takes 1-2 weeks) and put it into a queue in order to be processed. Keep checking your profile on ELIS. When it says "optimized", then your file is being processed and your card ordered to be produced and you can enter your IOE # on the USCIS website.

You don't have to update your profile on ELIS. They'll use all the information and address provided in your visa package. If you want to, you can enter your address and phone #, but that won't change anything. Other updates can only be made if you provide and upload proof (e.g. photocopy of passport).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

many thanks

Keep checking USCIS ELIS account. You won't get case status until your case is optimized. Now it will show case number not found. Once the case is optimized it will show USCIS lockbox has accepted your application.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Immigration Fee >> Dec 26, 2014

POE >> Dec 30, 2014 (Abu Dhabi)

Case Received >> Jan 13, 2015

Case Optimized >> Jan 23, 2015

Card Send for Production >> February 5, 2015

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Do you have anyone who could check your mail for you? Maybe a roommate or relatives?

If you haven't received mail from the Social Security Administration by now (even though you checked the box on the DS-260), then they haven't assigned you a number nor printed your card yet (and most likely won't). You'll need to go by one of their offices and apply for a SSN in person when you're back in the US.

If you already went to an office, applied and haven't heard/received anything from them within the 2 weeks after your application, then you also need to go by one of their offices again and talk to them in person.

Thanks for the reply... yes I do have my relative at that address, will call them and check about my SSN letter.

So yesterday we met with our local USCIS office with regards to the lost immigration packet.

We got to the meeting early, didn't have a long wait at security which was nice. We were seen pretty much right away at the window. The lady made copies of everything they needed (birth cert, ssn, passport, marriage cert, UK & Wisconsin drivers licenses). The only thing she needed that we didn’t have was 2 passport type photos. We had plenty of photos but they were UK size not USA. So we had to leave and find a Walgreens and then come back. She said when you come back all we needed to do was drop off the passport type photos and then she would take Steve’s fingerprints and then she could mail everything to the Texas Service Center for his green card to be processed. What a sigh of relief that sounded so good.

So we left and thanks to the security guards they gave us directions to the nearest Walgreens. So when we got back, we went through Security again headed up to the window gave the same lady the 2 photos she needed and she then says you’re going to have to come back. The supervisor wants to have an interview with Steve, have him take an oath and then he will be fingerprinted then. She said you will get a letter in 1-2 weeks and then you have to come back. WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Were LIVID!

I mean come on! This was THEIR mistake in the first place so now we have to make another trip to their office which means more lost time from work and more gas $$ for the 2+ hour drive. I mean who do they think they are? They also act like it's OUR privilege to be in there presence. When this is all done I would really like to file a complaint but how does one even do that?

So now back to more waiting for the interview letter with the date/time.

So finally after all of this drama with the lost paperwork my husband's green card has been produced and mailed to us today (2/11). Thankfully we don't need to make a 2nd trip to Milwaukee.

Marriage: 12-23-13 in England
Service Center: Nebraska Service Center

Consulate: London, England

USCIS:
I-130 NOA1: 1-17-14

I-130 NOA2: 6-4-14

NVC:

Case Completed at NVC: 9-26-14 - No checklists

Embassy:

Medical Appointment: 10-15-14

Visa in Hand: 11-5-14
USCIS ELIS fee paid: 11-5-14
POE: 11-19-14 (via Dublin en route to Chicago)
SSN Received: 11-30-14
Green Card Received: 2-13-14

I'm on hold with USCIS now. Gosh dang-it I want my thingy.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

I spoke to someone in Tier 2 and he said it sometimes takes a while and to call back on March 10th if I haven't received the card by then. He pulled up my file and confirmed it is in production... so maybe some of us just get unlucky? :P I dunno.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My wife's POE was 30 January 2015 and Paid ELLIS fee 28 January 2015 but still do not have green card. I saw that somebody already has their with a recent POE.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

She got her social security card on 9th of February 2015. When I call 800-375-5283 put in my receipt number I says i can not be found. How can I talk to somebody live person to look for my receipt. The 800-375-5283 is useless is only pre-recorded and you don't talk to anybody.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.