NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

The SSN would have arrived in 2-3 weeks if it was going to (faster than the GC) so I would go to the SSA office ;)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ssn?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/405546-ssn-howto/

nolanbb - she already has a green card, of sorts, as the stamp in her passport turns the visa into a temporary I-551 document for 1 year.

so - go to the ssa office, apply, come back next day, get the #. Bonus points for reading my stuff above, for CR-1/IR-1 visa holders.

In theory, if she applies tomorrow, she can start working Friday (provided she gets to the SSA office two times)

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Finally got email notification and status online has changed!

"On October 4, 2013, the production of your new card began. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move while this card is being created, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Finally got email notification and status online has changed!

"On October 4, 2013, the production of your new card began. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move while this card is being created, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

Yay!

Congrats. Hope it comes quickly in the mail for you :)

Timeline

Yay!

Congrats. Hope it comes quickly in the mail for you smile.png

Thanks! Just got this notification! Any day now!!

"The USPS reported that they picked up mail from USCIS containing your new card on October 8, 2013. The USPS tracking number assigned is *******************************. You can use this number at www.usps.com to view updates to the delivery status of your mail. You should receive your new card within 7 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, please call our customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

USPS says it should arrive on Thursday!

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

Timeline

Oh Joy !! Yay !!! Poutine for the room, I'm a thinkin... ;)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

This is the step that we are currently at. My husband's POE was Saturday, October 5th in Newark, NJ. He wants to apply for jobs but they all require a SSN to be entered on the application or they will not be accepted. KInd of frustrating since he is legally allowed to work NOW. From the looks of this thread, it takes about 1-4 weeks to receive the card. Is that correct?

I am the USC, my husband is German.

I resided in Germany from July 2008-October 2013.

I have two stepsons who are staying in Germany.

Our son was born 3/3/2012 and our daughter was born 4/4/2015.

DCF STARTED!MAY 14, 2013: I-130 Petition sent to Frankfurt as registered mail w/ return receipt!

MAY 15, 2013: Mail signed for in Frankfurt. NOA1

MAY 21, 2013: Return receipt came back in the mail.

MAY 25, 2013: $420 Petition fee was charged to our credit card.

MAY 25, 2013: NOA1 paperwork received in the mail.

JULY 12, 2013: NOA2 received.

JULY 13, 2013: NOA2 sent back.

AUG 15, 2013: Packet 3 sent in.

AUG 30, 2013: Husband's medical in Berlin.

SEPT 12, 2013: Received letter with husband's interview date!

SEPT 19, 2013: INTERVIEW. APPROVED!!

SEPT 21, 2013: Visa received.

OCT 5, 2013: POE in Newark, NJ (layover).

DEC 17, 2013: SSN Card finally arrived!

DEC 19, 2013: Husband (beneficiary) got his first job in the USA! And he loves it!

DEC 28, 2013: Green card arrived!

FUTURE: Visas for my stepsons!

Timeline

I learned some things about this topic recently. I called about the green card and spoke to the tier 2 person, who said they are way behind lately and it may take a total of 2-3 months. My wife arrived in the US on 8/27 and we're still waiting. He said to call again if she doesn't hear from them by October 18th.

My wife's green card application had a check box to also apply for the SSN, which I did. I was planning on going to the local social security office to apply separately anyway, which I'm told would be about a 10 day wait. My neighbor works at the local Social Security office, so I asked her about my wife applying for her SSN there. She said normally that would be no problem, but due to the government shutdown they are on furlough, which means they have to work but they won't get paid until the budget is approved. In the meantime they are working their normal hours, but they aren't allowed to do certain functions of their jobs that they would normally do. Unfortunately they aren't allowed to work on new applications for social security numbers now, even though they aren't very busy due to the limited things they are allowed to do. I guess we'll have to wait...

Timeline

This is the step that we are currently at. My husband's POE was Saturday, October 5th in Newark, NJ. He wants to apply for jobs but they all require a SSN to be entered on the application or they will not be accepted. KInd of frustrating since he is legally allowed to work NOW. From the looks of this thread, it takes about 1-4 weeks to receive the card. Is that correct?

You check my SSN topic? Don't need card to work, just the number.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I haven't received my GC and its been almost 3 months already since i entered u.s.. I checked online and it was written like this

Your OS155A, IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION was accepted and is being processed at our intake processing center. On September 4, 2013, we mailed you a notice explaining this and describing how we will process your case.

but i have not received any of such sort instead the rest of my family has received their GC's at sept 9. its been a month now since i last called USCIS. Also my USCIS ELIS Account says that it is in the optimized staged and it is in process. Has anyone experienced this? please help me out. also i moved to a different state a week ago looking for a job. any advice would be such great help thank you.

Edited by Androx

Timeline

I haven't received my GC and its been almost 3 months already since i entered u.s.. I checked online and it was written like this

but i have not received any of such sort instead the rest of my family has received their GC's at sept 9. its been a month now since i last called USCIS. Also my USCIS ELIS Account says that it is in the optimized staged and it is in process. Has anyone experienced this? please help me out. also i moved to a different state a week ago looking for a job. any advice would be such great help thank you.

I experienced exactly this. Mine said they sent me notification on Aug 13 and it stayed in Optimized for like 2 months before anything happened. But I didn't get notification. I entered on July 21. It took a total of 2.25 months for them mail my green card. I should be receiving it tomorrow per the tracking number I was given.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I experienced exactly this. Mine said they sent me notification on Aug 13 and it stayed in Optimized for like 2 months before anything happened. But I didn't get notification. I entered on July 21. It took a total of 2.25 months for them mail my green card. I should be receiving it tomorrow per the tracking number I was given.

did you receive any notification man? wow advance Congrats on ur GC man.

Timeline

did you receive any notification man? wow advance Congrats on ur GC man.

No notification at all. I ended up calling them once I hit the 2 month mark. They submitted a service request for me and produced and sent my card within 2 weeks. I just got it today!

We went to the local SS office today. They told me that they cannot even OPEN the SAVE database to see if my husband's SSN is being processed. This is, of course, due to the government shutdown. I was also told "Just because (we) checked the box, doesn't mean it is actually getting processed." I told him that I had read somewhere that it just depends on who processes the paperwork, and he agreed with me! How ridiculous is that?!

Just for background, my husband's approval was on September 19th about 2 weeks BEFORE the shutdown. That means that his SS information should have been put in the system already.

Edited by veronicavonn

I am the USC, my husband is German.

I resided in Germany from July 2008-October 2013.

I have two stepsons who are staying in Germany.

Our son was born 3/3/2012 and our daughter was born 4/4/2015.

DCF STARTED!MAY 14, 2013: I-130 Petition sent to Frankfurt as registered mail w/ return receipt!

MAY 15, 2013: Mail signed for in Frankfurt. NOA1

MAY 21, 2013: Return receipt came back in the mail.

MAY 25, 2013: $420 Petition fee was charged to our credit card.

MAY 25, 2013: NOA1 paperwork received in the mail.

JULY 12, 2013: NOA2 received.

JULY 13, 2013: NOA2 sent back.

AUG 15, 2013: Packet 3 sent in.

AUG 30, 2013: Husband's medical in Berlin.

SEPT 12, 2013: Received letter with husband's interview date!

SEPT 19, 2013: INTERVIEW. APPROVED!!

SEPT 21, 2013: Visa received.

OCT 5, 2013: POE in Newark, NJ (layover).

DEC 17, 2013: SSN Card finally arrived!

DEC 19, 2013: Husband (beneficiary) got his first job in the USA! And he loves it!

DEC 28, 2013: Green card arrived!

FUTURE: Visas for my stepsons!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.