NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes They took The visa package on 22 June when i POE'd Toronto Pearson Airport, processed my card took finger print everything, stamped my passport with the one year expiry, IR1 Visa, I rushed to see my baby when i get the visa, P.S in Ontario, you need to give 2 month notice to clear an apartment or you're screwed. So I explained i have to come back but this time am just activating my visa and want to see my new born baby (first time how exciting..). I did return with the stamp with no issues.

After that it's just wait long wait?

tomas fo.

Timeline

UPDATE:2

ELIS has finally changed the status to "OPTIMIZED" on 28. That is day after I got the SSN. I've started to believe that there is a link between the two, I see on this forum that usually when people apply for SS their elis status also changes, Well there you go

tomas fo.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yup, we got one too.

Short version: E-mail reply to the notification saying whether you want to receive the new card by mail or pick it up at an ASC. Send old card back certified mail. No I-90 required.

Hi speedwell,

Did you call uscis before receiving the email or....? I have not received mine yet.

I didn’t call USCIS to report the error.

The e-mail came out of the blue just over a week after receiving the cards with the incorrect date.

Should have waited rather than posting twice, but here's my full GC timeline:

22nd July 2013 - ELIS status "accepted" (IV fee paid by husband with his US credit card the day we got my passport/visa back)

30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco

4th August 2013 - SSN arrived (printed on the 2nd August)
23rd August 2013 - ELIS status "optimized" (case received 5th August)
23rd August 2013 - Green card live on USCIS status update (using IOE code) / States it is being printed.
26th August 2013 - Green card sent out 2 day shipping via USPS (with tracking)
26th August 2013 - ELIS status "closed"
29th August 2013 - Green card delivered

So, the SSN was *extremely* fast and the GC took only 4 weeks.

I didn't have to hassle for the SSN - I just checked the box to ask for one on the visa application form.

Edited by lost_at_sea

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Timeline

thank you folks, it looks like the card has been sent. Elis indicated case status "CLOSED" I will probably have the card after labor day. I will post the timeline after that

tomas fo.

POE in Chicago on the 8th August and I'm still waiting to receive my ssn and green card ClockWatch2.gif I did log in to the Elis website and as of yesterday it says my status is 'optimized'. I really need to know what I should do? Does optimized mean they've sent the ssn/green card? Can someone give me some advice re this please.....Thank you

POE in Chicago on the 8th August and I'm still waiting to receive my ssn and green card ClockWatch2.gif I did log in to the Elis website and as of yesterday it says my status is 'optimized'. I really need to know what I should do? Does optimized mean they've sent the ssn/green card? Can someone give me some advice re this please.....Thank you

Optimized is good! Should be on the way shortly.

Grab your receipt number from ELIS (starts IOE then numbers) and see if it comes up with anything on the USCIS case status checker: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Optimized is good! Should be on the way shortly.

Grab your receipt number from ELIS (starts IOE then numbers) and see if it comes up with anything on the USCIS case status checker: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do

Thank you for your response lost_at_sea. I followed the link you added and below is what the USCIS case status checker says :

Your OS155A, IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION was accepted and is being processed at our intake processing center. On September 4, 2013, we mailed you a notice explaining this and describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.

I'm hoping the above means that there just sending my ssn and green card number through the post? I suppose mailed means sent through the post?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.