Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

just edit your post - delete the link thats currently showing www.usps.com

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Case upgrade request sent via email April 3 2013

Case upgraded by NVC from F2A to CR1 April 19 2013

Interview June 6th 2013 - APPROVED - case upgraded to IR1 at time of interview based on time married

Visa in hand June 10th 2013

IV fee paid using ELIS June 17th 2013

POE Houston July 15th 2013

GC arrived in mail Aug 12th 2013

SSN card arrived in mail Aug 19 2013 (1 week after applying)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

just edit your post - delete the link thats currently showing www.usps.com

im really having difficulties figuring out the edit icon. pls can u direct me on how to do that?

Timeline

HEY, thanks.

but I did something that made me smile just now. even though I don't know if its ok.

I took the agency tracking id, copied it, added IOS in front and paste it on the USCIS tracking and I got this.

The USPS reported that they picked up mail from USCIS containing your new card on September 20, 2013. The USPS tracking number assigned is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. You can use this number at to view updates to the delivery status of your mail. You should receive your new card within 7 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, please call our customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

IS THIS GOOD? and I tracked it up at USPS.COM and it says its out for delivery today. hopefully, we will get it today. what do u think?

Timeline

looks like you found a way to delete your comment instead... :)

either way - good news - now go wait for your usps delivery!

let us know when the GC comes in!

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Interview June 6th 2013 - APPROVED - case upgraded to IR1 at time of interview based on time married

Timeline

looks like you found a way to delete your comment instead... smile.png

either way - good news - now go wait for your usps delivery!

let us know when the GC comes in!

thanks. i will let y'all know.

Timeline

congratulations!

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I searched this site about the length of time to receive the green card and found this thread.

I paid the Immigrant Fee for my wife and her daughter on 8/22 and the money was removed from my bank account by the USCIS on 8/23. Since then their system shows status of "Your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review." for both cases. My wife is going crazy waiting for the green card in the mail. It's now over 5 weeks ago, so I'm wondering if something is wrong. She entered the US on 8/27.

I tried calling the 800# for the USCIS and there are no options for my situation and I don't know how to speak to an actual person.

Is 5 weeks a long time to wait or is this normal? My wife says many Chinese people get their green cards within only a couple weeks, according to her sources.

Thank you!

With the new green cards it takes at least a month normally (from POE, not from payment), sometimes up to 3 months regardless of nationality. She doesn't need to worry because the endorsed visa in her passport is a temporary green card. It has to be accepted as a green card no matter what she does, or where is for up to one year from POE. The green card will not arrive in the mail until the ELIS or the USCIS website says it's going to. You may be able to check that IOE number on the USCIS receipt page.

To speak to a person at the USCIS call line just sit on the line, press no buttons, until someone comes on in Spanish, tell them English please and they will transfer you to an English speaking tier 1.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Thanks for your help. I did check the receipt ID#'s (IOExxxxx...) for both my wife and her daughter and the message returned says, "Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283." Hopefully there's nothing wrong.

It would be nice in this automated world if they could put some sort of countdown or something based on their current timelines and maybe shoot you an automatic email to tell you where they are with your case. Wishful thinking, I guess...

I could never check my info on there either, don't worry.

They do update the case when it's optimized then when it's closed and they've sent you the card. right now it's slow because there was a huge mess up on green cards where the CR1 people were incorrectly getting 10 year cards. This isn't a simple card. It has a huge electronic stripe on it along with other security data, that is why it costs so much to make.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Okay. Thank you. I don't know if it's just my Internet or due to the government shutdown, but I can't access the web site. I can access the USCIS site, but not the elis link. This shutdown will just delay things further, I'm afraid.

Timeline

I searched this site about the length of time to receive the green card and found this thread.

I paid the Immigrant Fee for my wife and her daughter on 8/22 and the money was removed from my bank account by the USCIS on 8/23. Since then their system shows status of "Your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review." for both cases. My wife is going crazy waiting for the green card in the mail. It's now over 5 weeks ago, so I'm wondering if something is wrong. She entered the US on 8/27.

I tried calling the 800# for the USCIS and there are no options for my situation and I don't know how to speak to an actual person.

Is 5 weeks a long time to wait or is this normal? My wife says many Chinese people get their green cards within only a couple weeks, according to her sources.

Thank you!

Her sources are wrong, as ELIS usage is recent. Welcome to the Chinese Gang Advice Line - you (and me) never win, against it :(

If you want to get a HUMAN at USCIS - just call in, touch no buttons after, and you'll get routed to a spanish speaker CSR. Once They stop talking, say 'English Please' - then tell the CSR you want a Tier 2 Human, an ISO, and that you have an ELIS problem.

Once you have the Tier 2 - tell the Tier 2 that you have an ELIS problem - your status is stuck and you need a manual refresh ....

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Okay. I spoke with a Tier 2 person, who said they have been experiencing delays lately. He said it should be within another 20 business days, which would make it about 9 weeks from POE date. He said to call back if we don't hear anything by October 18th.

My wife is anxious to get her drivers license, which requires an SSN. I think I'll take her to the local SS office to apply, even though it was requested with the green card. Hopefully that won't cause any problems.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.