NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Same here. POE May 15; fee paid May 30. "In process, and Optimized".

Please come back and update when your status changes or when green card is received.

Ok update us if you hear anything.

No updates. mine is in optimized since 2-3 days after POE. Let me know if you hear anything.

IR1 Visa for spouse, both of us lived in Canada

I-130: Nebraska Service Center- submitted Feb 3,2014, approved July 30, 2014.

NVC received: Aug 22 2014

Case number, IIN available: Sept 3 2014

DS-261 submitted: Sept 3 2014

AOS submitted via email: Sept 5, 2014 (received email receipt from NVS Sept 8)

AOS fee paid: Sept 4 2014

IV documents submitted via email: Sept 15 2014 (received email receipt from NVC Sept 18)

IV fee invoice received and IV fee paid: Oct 2 2014

DS-260 submitted: Oct 5 2014

Case complete Oct 31 (no checklist) Electronic processing; IV package emailed before IV invoice received

Interview scheduled Nov 13, 2014

Interview Dec 17, 2014- denied for proof of domicile- 221G

Jan 30 2015: proof of domicile sent

Feb 5; Feb 19- status updated on CEAC, still says Administrative processing.

March 13, 2015- US citizen spouse moved back to California, sent consulate confirmation that domicile now reestablished.

March 30, 2015 - email from consulate stating that they have adequate proof of domicile, still in AP.

Status updates (without enquiry from anyone): April 27, May 6, May 7, May 13

May 13- Ready

May 14 Issued.

POE May 15, 2015

ELIS fee paid May 30

Green card production ordered July 23

Green card received July 24

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We paid ours on June 10th and he entered the US on June 23rd. I just realized after looking at this thread that we needed to put the address on the ELIS account! I thought it would already be there. It's giving us an error message when we check the case status and of course still saying "Optimized" on ELIS. Hoping to go get his SSN tomorrow.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

We paid ours on June 10th and he entered the US on June 23rd. I just realized after looking at this thread that we needed to put the address on the ELIS account! I thought it would already be there. It's giving us an error message when we check the case status and of course still saying "Optimized" on ELIS. Hoping to go get his SSN tomorrow.

you don't have to enter address on the ELIS account...I didn't enter mine...I got my GC a month and a half after POE.

i think you would have entered the address when you filled in your DS-260 form...My mailing address was verified again at POE

you don't have to enter address on the ELIS account...I didn't enter mine...I got my GC a month and a half after POE.

i think you would have entered the address when you filled in your DS-260 form...My mailing address was verified again at POE

You do not HAVE to enter it. However, sometimes making changes, like the address, to the ELIS account, is helpful in bringing the case to the attention to the USCIS.

I started this thread and have noticed particular things in the last 2 years.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

We are still waiting Poe may 6th. ELIS says optimized and processing. The fee was paid before POE

Hi there,

My husband is still waiting for his gc as well - POE May 12th and the immigrant fee was paid a week before that. His SS card arrived in about 10 days. I am just not sure that we are missing something? Should he have received it by now?

Thanks!

In the normal course of things do not worry a bit until at least 3 months have passed.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

In the normal course of things do not worry a bit until at least 3 months have passed.

How about mine? It's 4 months and I didn't get my greencard yet. My husband paid ELIS on March 3 and I came here on March 7. POE is in Chicago. Everything went smooth. I got my SSN after a month. Well, I followed up for my greencard after 45 days from POE. They said wait. After 2 months, I called USCIS again and they told me they will make a report. They even said I will get a mail after 15 days about my greencard. Since I didn't get anything, I made info pass and they said it's still on process and wait for until 6 months from POE. Is this normal?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I am planning to have my husband pay the $165 immigration fee on ELIS with my US bank account and then get on a flight to head this way later the same day. Does completing all the steps to submit the payment count as "paid" or do we have to wait for it to actually clear my bank before POE?

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Nepal
Marriage : 2013-07-16
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-12
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-15
I-130 Approved : 2015-02-02
NVC Received : 2015-02-17

NVC Case Number Assigned : 2015-02-27

Date of NVC Welcome Letter : 2015-03-02
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-03-10

Submit DS-261 : 2015-03-10
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-03-10
Send AOS/IV Package : 2015-04-08

AOS/IV Scan Date : 2015-04-09
Receive IV Bill : 2015-04-17
Pay IV Bill : 2015-04-17

Submit IV Application/DS-260 : 2015-04-28

Case Complete : 2015-05-04

Interview Letter Date : 2015-05-29

Receive Interview Letter : 2015-06-01

Interview : 2015-06-18

Approved : 2015-06-18

CEAC Visa Status Issued : 2015-06-29

CEAC Visa Status Ready For Pick Up : 2015-07-03

POE: 2015-07-04

Hi everybody!

I am in absolute trouble with USCIS and my Green Card. Can you please help me......

First some detail about my case:

• IV visa (IR-1) receipt in Madrid: 6 June 2014​
  • Immigration Fee payment: 8 June 2014
  • I entered USA: 24 August 2014
  • Letter from USCIS: 14 Nov 2014 ( the letter said that I have not paid the USCIS Immigration Fee)!!!!!!
  • Contacting again USCIS: 18 Dec 2014. We figure out that the A-number that US Embassy gave me after the Interview is different from the A -number in my visa. So in reality I had paid for another person!!! USCIS officer told me that they will send me a solution in 60 days.
  • Contacting again USCIS: 20 Feb 2015 Asking again for the solution! (this time they told me they will solve it in 45 days!)
  • Contacting again USCIS: 8 April 2015 Asking again for solution! This time they told me they will Solve it 14 days!
  • Solution From USCIS : 31 May 2015 Solution after 9 months: We have not received the immigration fee, you have to pay again 165$!!!??
  • Paying again for Immigration FEE: 31 May 2015

For this payment I created a new ELIS account and My status at ELIS is ACCEPTED!

Now my question is that: In the ELIS system when I click on "View Messages" part, it is empty and it shows a warning message exactly like this:

"There was a technical problem while handling the request. If you need assistance please contact the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TDD for the hearing impaired). (Reference ID: 7*****f / (IOE-EWEB-***-****))

But when I come back again! this message disappear!

• Is this message usual or there is problem related to my case? When I contact USCIS the system do not recognize this receipt number, before they automatically connect me to a operator but now the system just hang the phone!???....
  • Should I wait till Eight weeks after the payment or I need to contact them again?
  • The other issue is that my Immigration Visa is stamped on 24th of August 2014 and now I am in Spain for my PhD thesis and I come back again in 26th of August. I heard that with this stamped visa works like Green Card for one year. What will happen if they do not issue my Green CARD before 24th of August? can I enter USA again?.....

I would appreciate your help in advance.

I am planning to have my husband pay the $165 immigration fee on ELIS with my US bank account and then get on a flight to head this way later the same day. Does completing all the steps to submit the payment count as "paid" or do we have to wait for it to actually clear my bank before POE?

Fee doesn't need to be paid before POE. Pay however you choose.

Hi everybody!

I am in absolute trouble with USCIS and my Green Card. Can you please help me......

First some detail about my case:

• IV visa (IR-1) receipt in Madrid: 6 Jun 2014​
  • Immigration Fee payment: 8 Jun 2014
  • I entered USA: 24 Aug 2014
  • Letter from USCIS: 14 Nov 2014 (the letter said that I have not paid the USCIS Immigration Fee!!!!!!)
  • Contacting again USCIS: 18 Dec 2014. We figure out that the A-# that US Embassy gave me after the Interview is different from the A-# in my visa. I had paid for another person!!! USCIS officer told me that they will send me a solution in 60 days.
  • Contacting again USCIS: 20 Feb 2015 Asking again for the solution! (this time they told me they will solve it in 45 days!)
  • Contacting again USCIS: 8 Apr 2015 Asking again for solution! (This time they told me they will Solve it 14 days!)
  • Solution From USCIS : 31 May 2015 Solution after 9 months: We have not received the immigration fee, you have to pay again 165$!!!?
  • Paying again for Immigration FEE: 31 May 2015
For this payment I created a new ELIS account and My status at ELIS is ACCEPTED!

Now my question is that: In the ELIS system when I click on "View Messages" part, it is empty and it shows a warning message exactly like this:

"There was a technical problem while handling the request. If you need assistance please contact the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TDD for the hearing impaired). (Reference ID: 7*****f / (IOE-EWEB-***-****))

But when I come back again! this message disappear!

• Is this message usual or there is problem related to my case? When I contact USCIS the system do not recognize this receipt number, before they automatically connect me to a operator but now the system just hang the phone!???....
  • Should I wait till Eight weeks after the payment or I need to contact them again?
  • The other issue is that my Immigration Visa is stamped on 24th of August 2014 and now I am in Spain for my PhD thesis and I come back again in 26th of August. I heard that with this stamped visa works like Green Card for one year. What will happen if they do not issue my Green CARD before 24th of August? can I enter USA again?.....
I would appreciate your help in advance.

Okay I moved your post around so I could understand it to answer you.

You entered originally on 08/24/2014. That means your temporary green card expires 08/23/2015. You need to re-enter the USA before then OR have your green card in hand. If you do not have your green card, or an I-551 stamp, you cannot enter the USA as a green card holder. That doesn't mean you aren't one, but you can't prove it without one of those two items. You should have booked your flight back BEFORE the 23rd of August and I highly suggest that you change your flight if at all possible.

That error on the ELIS website is fairly common.

What is your ELIS say? Accepted? Optimized?

Edited by NLR

Fee doesn't need to be paid before POE. Pay however you choose.

Okay I moved your post around so I could understand it to answer you.

You entered originally on 08/24/2014. That means your temporary green card expires 08/23/2015. You need to re-enter the USA before then OR have your green card in hand. If you do not have your green card, or an I-551 stamp, you cannot enter the USA as a green card holder. That doesn't mean you aren't one, but you can't prove it without one of those two items. You should have booked your flight back BEFORE the 23rd of August and I highly suggest that you change your flight if at all possible.

That error on the ELIS website is fairly common.

What is your ELIS say? Accepted? Optimized?

Dear NLR,

Thanks for your answer.

As I understood I have to change my ticket for a date before 08/23/2015, and enter to the USA with my stamped IV visa (temporary green card).

About ELIS, I paid immigration fee almost 5 weeks ago (31st of May) and my status there is ACCEPTED. I am worry that the "double payment" make them confuse.

Thanks again,

bcn-cal

No idea. Im surprised you did not use the a# off your visa. But what is done is done.

You need to return before the stamp expires. Preferably before aug 23rd.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well we encountered some hiccups. We went back in to get the SSN and they told us USCIS had his names listed wrong (he has several names as is custom in Egypt and they were all listed as his first name). They told us to call and get it changed. We did, and they told us to make an infopass appointment. I did, but then called back, and they went through this process of changing it over the phone. No changes showed yet in USCIS ELIS and nothing on Case Status. I feel we are in limbo.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.