NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Finally, my stupid Green Card is being produced.

my_logo.png
Card Is Being Produced

On March 4, 2015, we began producing your new card for your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number IOE**********. We will mail your card to the address you gave us. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Hello Ketsuban, How long it took you to get the Green Card after Card being Produced? Mine was produced on July 24th, but till today (August 14), it is still the same statue (card being produced). Thank you for your help!

Yuanman

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone know how many letters USCIS allows for a first name? I've got a double first name (Imagine Anna Sophia) that is not hyphenated and a middle name (imagine Leah) as well as my surname. My PR card arrived and says, in this example Anna S. I called USCIS to see whether it is meant to say this or what the letter limit is on my PR card to try and figure out if it is correct for someone with a double first name or what is supposed to happen now and they literally cannot even confirm whether or not they can have more than five letters for a given name. So my options are a) keep it as-is despite my misgivings, b) make an infopass appointment and miss a day off work or c) fill out all the forms for a replacement PR card only to be told, potentially, that my card is correct and/or that I have to pay all this money because my mother didn't hyphenate my first name so my first name counts as two names unless I fight them.

Can anyone help me out with this? I didn't expect them to put Anna Sophia Leah, since my visa appeared with Anna Sophia Le, but I was expecting my card to say Anna Sophia, not Anna S, you know?

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

that sounds wrong to me. I'd get them to at least fix your first name. Do an I-90!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

that sounds wrong to me. I'd get them to at least fix your first name. Do an I-90!

And she shouldn't have to pay for the I-90 because it's their mistake...is that correct?

Yeah I know I have to be patient, it's just that the waiting can be quite maddening at times (especially with the variations in the wait time from production to shipping)

It's finally here!!! My GC was mailed on the 11th and was delivered today. Man what a crazy ride this entire DV process was and I don't regret anything and thanks to everyone on this forum that helped in getting me to this point.

To everyone else good luck with your green cards and take care....

And she shouldn't have to pay for the I-90 because it's their mistake...is that correct?

Correct

How do I check green card status on USCIS website?

So far I'm only checking the status in Elis website.

Thanks for the help...

Same place you checked the petition. Use the IOE number. However dont bother until ELIS says the case is closed. Only then it will give yiu a tracking number for a green card.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

After waiting for 6 weeks for my husbands green card, it finally arrived today. Unfortunately, we received the 2 year conditional one instead of the IR-1 card, when we have been married for 3 years now. I'm so mad right now. So do I have to send the green card with I-190 form or not. Ugh and I know this is gonna mean more waiting.

*USCIS:

01-11-13: I-130 sent

01-15-13: I-130 accepted/ receipt # assigned

01-22-13: NOA1 hard copy

05-20-13: I-130 interview assigned

07-18-13: I-130 interview

07-22-13: I-130 approved

07-27-13: NOA2 hard copy

*NVC:

07-30-13: NVC receives case / Case # assigned

08-04-13: DS-261 submitted

08-05-13: AOS fee invoiced / paid

08-26-13: IV fee invoiced /paid

09-05-13: DS-260 completed / IV Package emailed

09-09-13: AOS Package emailed

09-16-13 IV package received email generated

09-17-13 AOS package received email generated

09-30-13: AOS checklist email/ AOS checklist response email sent

10-04-13: NVC receives AOS checklist email

10-24-13: AOS checklist #2 email/ AOS checklist #2 response email sent

11-01-13 NVC receives AOS checklist email

11-29-13: Case Complete

12-06-13: Case Complete email

yes you sent the card back with an I-90.

also if possible please finish filling out your timeline.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

After waiting for 6 weeks for my husbands green card, it finally arrived today. Unfortunately, we received the 2 year conditional one instead of the IR-1 card, when we have been married for 3 years now. I'm so mad right now. So do I have to send the green card with I-190 form or not. Ugh and I know this is gonna mean more waiting.

Hello -

Sorry about your husband status on GC... You have to wait more time to get the update one....

One question had he stamped IR1 category on his passport when POE??

Because for me it may be happened. I have been waiting for the GC right now and it may come with wrong status as CR1.

I have been stamped as IR1 on my passport when POE but I had been applied as CR1 category when visa submitted.

I'm so worried until receiving a GC.

Thank you.

Timeline

yes you sent the card back with an I-90.

also if possible please finish filling out your timeline.

Oh ok thanks!

And I plan to update my timeline, but our visa process got messy towards the end.

*USCIS:

*NVC:

Timeline

Hello -

Sorry about your husband status on GC... You have to wait more time to get the update one....

One question had he stamped IR1 category on his passport when POE??

Because for me it may be happened. I have been waiting for the GC right now and it may come with wrong status as CR1.

I have been stamped as IR1 on my passport when POE but I had been applied as CR1 category when visa submitted.

I'm so worried until receiving a GC.

Thank you.

Hopefully you get the right one. I Think since they stamped it IR1 at the POE then you're good. I honestly didn't pay attention to it at that time. Didn't think something like this would happen. Oh wells it is what it is. Good luck to you!

*USCIS:

*NVC:

Timeline

Hopefully you get the right one. I Think since they stamped it IR1 at the POE then you're good. I honestly didn't pay attention to it at that time. Didn't think something like this would happen. Oh wells it is what it is. Good luck to you!

Thanks for your response. I will let you keep once received mine.

Keep you posted.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We had the same problem. Got cr1 card instead of IR1. I sent it back with i90 and they scheduled my biometrics appointment 3 weeks after. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for your response. I will let you keep once received mine.

Keep you posted.

I had cr1 visa too but entered as ir1 received wrong card with cr1 and sent it back couple weeks ago. At least it's free to file.

Timeline

We had the same problem. Got cr1 card instead of IR1. I sent it back with i90 and they scheduled my biometrics appointment 3 weeks after. Let me know if you have any questions.

I had cr1 visa too but entered as ir1 received wrong card with cr1 and sent it back couple weeks ago. At least it's free to file.

Have you been issued IR1 sealed on your passport by embassy/consular when got interviewed ??

and stamped as IR1 when at POE?

Thanks for your advice.

Edited by Minniejp

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.