Nina and Erwin

So sad that USA immigration is such a joke

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Oh come on.... Yes, there are those who are truly victims of the system, put into AP just because of where they are from, there are files lost for people that have no issues, serious processing errors etc...... There ARE immigration system issues and I DO feel for them...

But for every one of those, there are thousands of stories about how people are scammed for GC, left after getting here etc.... and it is USCIS that has the monumental task of weeding out those that do not have true intentions. I dont know what happened after your divorce postings but i am glad that for your life it worked out... but However you have personally rectified, justified, forgave or moved forward.... It is USCIS job to look back into the past to try to determine whether the person wanting to come over is going to be a productive, functioning member of society or just seeking an opportunity. Sometimes they suck at their job, but it is what it is right now...

I have to wonder, Did you really think that given the accusations you made the embassy aware of and the revoking of the petition and your choice to ask him to overstay which resulted in deportation would not come back to possibly delay your petition? Did you really expect that it would just sail through like nothing happened. Now If you think I am digging (by the way I only read a post that was brought up by someone else), I can only imagine what uscis is doing given the complexity and history of your case. Sorry if I Sound like i am condoning the system, but as inefficient as it is, it does serve a function and Raging against the machine blindly is not going to get anyone united anytime sooner.

It is awesome that you were able to work it out with your husband... But as much as you look forward... You cannot just erase the past like it never happened. It will come up....

Yes people are in this process are sad, lonely and the road seems endless, but being in an international relationship is not easy and it takes strength and persistence.... And in the end, when it is right is worth every moment... And even after the immigration process, there are adjustment issues, homesickness, cultural issues... It is not easy by any stretch of the imagination...

But at this point I think your best bet to ease the stress and renuite sooner is to follow your plan of going to him and living over there as I think you might have some waivers and hurdles to overcome... I do wish you and everyone here the best...if something is supposed to be, it will happen... Maybe not when we want, but it will happen...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I completely agree. I couldn't have said it any better. Wow.. I am impressed by you. Very refreshing. There will be waivers.. and explanations I don't have any issues with that. I hope that they do ask. Because I would be even more ashamed of this system if they didn't. I think that what I did by waiting.. not becoming a victim or maybe a statistic.. was my responsibility to everyone here.

Because the system is Broke and like I said in my original post... Locks only keep good people out. Cause the bad guys use the back door. I was making sure that my story wasn't going to be THAT case.

It still a shame that so many people here suffer needlessly because of our archaic system. Family.. MOST OF ALL. Children.. good people.. people who see this other person.. as "the one", and our government shatters that in some cases. I hoped that this would stem.. the ideas.. in people.. of what THEY would do better about the system. What would they do if they had the power to change it. Because it needs fixing.. example.. would it be better if each state processed the cases.. instead of a few locations.. trying to handle VAST applications? like... what is the point of the NVC? Why to we have a middle man? What is the point of that? .. We are the people!! We are the ones that made this country... we should have a say.. when it's going BADLY wrong!

United_States.gifOur journeyBelgium.gif
07/01/2010 going to be parents
07/22/2010 ***MARRIED*** touched - sigh-
08/30/2010 deport
08/31/2010 Back in his country

03/08/2011 BABY GIRL !! 7 LBS 7 OZS ****NOW 2 1/2 YEARS OLD

Benefits office - IR-1

01/11/2013 I130 sent ***Starting over****
01/17/2013 I130 (priority date)
01/24/2013 NOA1
01/24/2013 I-130 NOA1 hardcopy received
02/25/2013 Case Transferred / received to Local office

03/25/2013 Case touched

07/11/2013 - News from Senator - interview possible - 7 months

08/09/2013 Correspondence - Interview set for sponsor
08/20/2013 Interview - 215 DAYS
08/20/2013 APPROVED!!!! - 215 DAYS
08/26/2013 NOA2 hard copy received

NVC
09/06/2013 NVC received the case

09/18/2013 Case# received, IIN received - sent to attorney
09/18/2013 I-864 AOS review fee ($88) online payment
09/23/2013 I-864 AOS status 'PAID',

xx/xx/20xx AOS package mailed out
09/18/2013 DS-260 IV fee ($230) online payment
09/23/2013 DS-260 IV status 'PAID', I

xx/xx/2013 IV package mailed out

XX/XX/201X NVC completion
Consulate - received xx/xx/201x -Hoping soon
XX/XX/201X Medical
XX/XX/201X Interview - CROSSING FINGERS

xx/xx/20xx I601/I212 - Approved
xx/xx/20xx Coming HOME!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We certainly didn't have any issues. I feel for those trying to do it right, paying the fees and standing in line. What gets me boiling is the free pass being offered to ILLEGAL people that trespassed the border and system to get here. Of course we all know they are being courted for the vote.

January 15, 2012 met on line

April 18, 2012 met in person in Cebu

April 20, 2012 proposed

May 28, 2012 filed K1

June 6, 2012 received email K1 accepted.

August 28, 2012 NOA2 approved!!!!!!!

September 21, 2012 went back for vist number 2

Had a wonderful time!

Interview set for November 6

Flying out November 3 to be together

Arrived November 4

November 6, 2013 interview and approved

November 14, 2013 picked up visa!

November 29, 2013 arrived in Anchorage

November 30, 2013 applied for marriage license

December 15, 2013 civil wedding

February 16, 2013 AOS filed

February 23, 2013 NOA 1 reviewed

April 4, 2013 Biometric appointment

May 9, 2013 AOS intervie

May 9, 2013 Approved ap, ead and green card

May 18, 2013 received Green Card, EAD and AP in mail

I understand people's frustrations with the system. And for the most part, I agree it should be more efficient. However, immigration isn't as clear cut as getting your driver's license (as someone referenced earlier). You don't take a test and if you pass the written test and then driving test, you get the license. Immigration is much more subjective. Officers undergo a lot of training to be able to distinguish qualified applicants from scam artists. And it's not a science, so mistakes are made daily on both sides (good people are denied while scammers get approved). It will never be a perfect system, especially since a decision has to be made from a few pieces of paperwork and a one-time 15 minute interview.

Volumes... I don't think we can imagine how many thousands and thousands of applications they get each year. I think the reason it take so long is that the volumes are tremendous and they are understaffed and overpaid. Federal employees (paper pushers) make a relatively high salary. They could hire 50% more people for the same money if their salaries weren't so high. If you can imagine that they collect $1000 for each green card applications and $400 for each citizenship application, etc. In addition to that, federal employees are for the most part not held accountable for their work. I know people who work at social security and there is no productivity standard nor is the work really scrutinized too closely. This is the reason cases drag on and things get lost, because they just don't care and aren't held responsible for said attitude.

As for delays or problems due to our own mistakes... we can't blame the government. If you overstay (and go out of status), don't blame the gov't fort arresting you. You broke the law. I know it's customary to try to put the blame on somebody else, but sometimes we gotta step up and accept it. If you make a mistake on a form and that delays the process by 6 months, I agree it should be more efficient, but it is what it is.

We have 2 choices, you can work with the system or don't bother (either go live in another country or forget foreign spouses). With all the applications that I/we have submitted, I have never thought about it to a point of driving myself crazy. I never checked daily if my case was touched. That seems like a lot of work. I am quite busy with work and don't have time to mess around with that. Maybe those of you who go crazy should focus more on your careers or find a hobby that will keep you occupied and not let your mind focus on immigration all day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

smile.pngClockWatch2.gif

I understand people's frustrations with the system. And for the most part, I agree it should be more efficient. However, immigration isn't as clear cut as getting your driver's license (as someone referenced earlier). You don't take a test and if you pass the written test and then driving test, you get the license. Immigration is much more subjective. Officers undergo a lot of training to be able to distinguish qualified applicants from scam artists. And it's not a science, so mistakes are made daily on both sides (good people are denied while scammers get approved). It will never be a perfect system, especially since a decision has to be made from a few pieces of paperwork and a one-time 15 minute interview.

Volumes... I don't think we can imagine how many thousands and thousands of applications they get each year. I think the reason it take so long is that the volumes are tremendous and they are understaffed and overpaid. Federal employees (paper pushers) make a relatively high salary. They could hire 50% more people for the same money if their salaries weren't so high. If you can imagine that they collect $1000 for each green card applications and $400 for each citizenship application, etc. In addition to that, federal employees are for the most part not held accountable for their work. I know people who work at social security and there is no productivity standard nor is the work really scrutinized too closely. This is the reason cases drag on and things get lost, because they just don't care and aren't held responsible for said attitude.

As for delays or problems due to our own mistakes... we can't blame the government. If you overstay (and go out of status), don't blame the gov't fort arresting you. You broke the law. I know it's customary to try to put the blame on somebody else, but sometimes we gotta step up and accept it. If you make a mistake on a form and that delays the process by 6 months, I agree it should be more efficient, but it is what it is.

We have 2 choices, you can work with the system or don't bother (either go live in another country or forget foreign spouses). With all the applications that I/we have submitted, I have never thought about it to a point of driving myself crazy. I never checked daily if my case was touched. That seems like a lot of work. I am quite busy with work and don't have time to mess around with that. Maybe those of you who go crazy should focus more on your careers or find a hobby that will keep you occupied and not let your mind focus on immigration all

I agree with most of what you said but last line. You can have a career and still check your status several times a day esp when it get close and you are so excited like meClockWatch2.gif

DeWayne

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Of course they are being courted for a vote! This is a strategic move by the current goverment and by the opposition that is hoping to gain the next presidency.

But on the other hand, I can understand as to why the situation of illegal immigrants needs to be addressed. They count into the millions at the moment and something needs to be done.

That being said, the US DOES have an illegal and fraudulent immigration problem, and legal immigration is one of the areas that they can seriously have some effect and control on who migrates and who doesn't. This process isn't going to get any quicker and to be completely honest, time-wise, obtaining a legal status in the US isn't match longer than obtaining it in Greece or Australia for that matter.

CR1 Visa

USCIS
08/13/2013 -- I130 Sent
08/14/2013 -- I130 NOA1 (email)

02/20/2014 -- I130 NOA2 (189 days - email)

NVC

02-28-2014 -- NVC received
04-03-2014 -- NVC case number assigned

05-22-2014 -- Case completed!!!!!!!
05-30-2014 -- Interview scheduled for July 16th 2014 08:30am

05-31-2014 -- Interview Letter received
Embassy
06-24-2014 -- Medical

07-16-2014 -- Interview Approved!!!!!
07-21-2014 -- Visa in hand
09-24-2014 -- POE

ROC
09-09-2016 -- I-751 sent
09-17-2016 -- NOA received

10-14-2016 -- Biometric appointment

08-07-2017 -- New card ordered
08-10-2017 -- New card mailed ( still no approval letter)

You get over it once your loved one gets to 'merrica. I promise.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

We obviously had our issues, as anyone familiar with our case can tell you because the local office wasn't familiar with changes made 2 years ago at USCIS. That being what it was, USCIS quickly fixed our problem and allowed us to do DCF. We had a very straight forward case and a perfectly filed I-130.

We also all make choices and when people make good choices things tend to go their way. We did everything legally and properly and it was USCIS who messed up and that was something easy enough to make a stink about that they fixed it.

Other immigration systems are no less broken. I had to live in Denmark not as my husband's spouse, but just under my EU rights of free movement. He had no way to petition me to be there under a spouse visa. My husband had never done anything wrong (straight as an arrow), had a high enough salary, big enough apartment, was old enough (24 is the minimum in DK), but he took cash help for 2 or 3 months when his business closed and he had no way to pay his rent or eat. That barred him for a minimum of 3 years of petitioning for a spouse. If we wanted to go back it is really vague how we could even qualify unless he moved back for at least 6 months first and got a high enough paying job.

We could discuss the horrible ins and outs of Scandinavian immigration and all the other rules that make it so very few foreign spouses are eligible to immigrate, but I think you get the gist of it.

American immigration is flawed but probably 99% of spouses are able to come. People in other countries would dream of such a thing.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

well is not the case of the OP, that's why I started saying I don't know your religious background, I put God in a very generic way. Usually people get some comfort in their belief when hard times arrives. I disagree with you, I rather to cheer her up instead of bashing on anything else. The OP had been very clear with the opinions she feels are "offensive" to her. If she felt that my comment wasn't right or offensive she would had tell me don't you think? If she feels comfy with it, my job is done. You're the only who appears to be upset about it, and that's fine it's your personal opinion, but that's what it is, YOUR personal opinion, you shouldn't speak for others

I never mentioned being offended personally, nor my opinion on religion or having a religion, nor did I claim my opinions applied to anyone, especially the OP. I only said you might want to be more careful (and I didn't just mean for the benefit of the OP).

I'll refrain from saying more because I have a feeling we're getting off topic.

Met in person for the first time: April 23, 2011 in Docklands, London, UK
Engaged: October 29th, 2012 at the John Hancock Building in Chicago, US

Filed K-1 visa application: April 4, 2013
Received text/email notification: April 12, 2013
Received NOA1 in mail: April 17, 2013
Received NOA2 text/email: August 6th, 2013 (at 9:45pm!)

NVC received packet: August 30th, 2013

Beneficiary rcvd "Packet 3" instructions: September 13, 2013

Embassy rcvd completed "Packet 3": September 24, 2013

Police certificate rcvd: September 27, 2013

Medical Appointment: October 2, 2013

Medical Received at Embassy: October 17, 2013 (delay due to request for further info)

Embassy appointment/Visa Approved!!!: November 21st, 2013

VISA RECEIVED!!!: November 28th, 2013

Beneficiary Arrived!!!: December 5th, 2013

Married December 22nd, 2013

Filing to POE: 8 months, 1 day

Filed AoS application: April 5th, 2014

Received NOA1 in mail: April 11th, 2014 (no text/email)

Received NOA2 in mail: September 2nd, 2014 (still no text/email)

Separated: September 2015

Dude I dont even know what jingoism means. I never said anyone couldnt speak out againt their country thats crazy! as far as the country mouse thing you refer to was because he was making fun of my lack of education as compared to his vast knowledge of the world. this has got way out of control and will not answer anymore post about such matters

Not a dude, but you do obviously have the internet, so if you don't know what the word means (there's nothing wrong with that, happens to me all the time) you can look it up.

"I don't like seeing usa and joke in same sentence."

"So anytime you having a bad day and want to take a shot at america, I'll be here for you."

Sorry if I misunderstood your intentions but it did seem like you were angry because someone said something negative about the US.

Good luck on your journey.

Met in person for the first time: April 23, 2011 in Docklands, London, UK
Engaged: October 29th, 2012 at the John Hancock Building in Chicago, US

Filed K-1 visa application: April 4, 2013
Received text/email notification: April 12, 2013
Received NOA1 in mail: April 17, 2013
Received NOA2 text/email: August 6th, 2013 (at 9:45pm!)

NVC received packet: August 30th, 2013

Beneficiary rcvd "Packet 3" instructions: September 13, 2013

Embassy rcvd completed "Packet 3": September 24, 2013

Police certificate rcvd: September 27, 2013

Medical Appointment: October 2, 2013

Medical Received at Embassy: October 17, 2013 (delay due to request for further info)

Embassy appointment/Visa Approved!!!: November 21st, 2013

VISA RECEIVED!!!: November 28th, 2013

Beneficiary Arrived!!!: December 5th, 2013

Married December 22nd, 2013

Filing to POE: 8 months, 1 day

Filed AoS application: April 5th, 2014

Received NOA1 in mail: April 11th, 2014 (no text/email)

Received NOA2 in mail: September 2nd, 2014 (still no text/email)

Separated: September 2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Was this an overstay of a visa, or of that I-94? Being totally unfamiliar with immigration, did hire a top immigration attorney for guidance. He knew my wife to be had a US visa, matter of fact, it was good for another ten years. But really gave us stern warning about overstaying that I-94 piece of paper they staple into the visiting passport book. Some POE's demand to see your return ticket and that is all your stay is good for, others may just stamp in 6 months.

He told us about that Form I-539 we would have to file, was around 300 bucks, if she elected to stay longer, and also gave us a stern warning, if she did overstay, even by one day, we would run into deep problems later on. While it was very difficult to part, had to make darn sure she got on the plane on time. Maybe you weren't aware of this, I sure wasn't.

The big question for you that I don't have the answer to, is where do you go from here? Do know in that AOS stage, they ask, did you overstay your visa? Can't lie about that, that can be checked, and never want to lie on any of those forms. That would be two counts against you, and lying is the worst of the two.

Completely agreed... I have long become indifferent to this situation.. this immigration. If god is trying to teach me patience.. he is doing a good job. As I stated also to this reply as you did. It doesn't matter the situation.. if it's "NO" fine.. it's "NO".. LOL. But don't drag me and my children threw years of money, separation, and sometimes... deep despair. Just pick up the damn file.. read it.. make notes.. say NO.. and tell me that if I want to be with this man.. I can't be in America. Period. End of story... Fine. Then I/ we all can then make educated decisions on what to do next with our life. But.. this bull ####### of months and months and years and years is torture. Watching my daughter hug the computer screen of Skype and say "nite nite daddy" is something no one should go through... especially... my TWO YEAR OLD. Family first.. in America..??? HA! ALL #######!

I feel like it all depends on the person processing the paperwork... whether they are having a good day or if their whole life is a bunch of #######.... It seems to me that they have the power to go either way.. Obviously the laws for immigration are never enforced. There is an excpetion to every law and we are all at the mercy of who ever happens to pick up our case.

One person might be having a bad day and they end up taking it out on the case they are processing... Deportation might be a problem for one and not a big deal to another.

I believe that each one of them has the power to expedite a file .

Just sayin......

I hate reading all the psots about the long waits and the ridiculous denials... What about the people who entered undocumented? Last time I checked... that is as illegal as it comes...

Now they get to stay ? Congratulations to all the people who broke the immigration laws. We all have to suffer because now OUR GOVERNMENT needs to figure out a way to deal with you !

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.