Mike and Lily

Fiance betrays me

229 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yesterday my fiance told me that she made out with another guy for 15 min. She says no intercourse, but the requisite amount of kissing and touching. There is only one American man in her college. She decides to make friends with him, then goes to his dorm alone. Then she says she was surprised at what happened. I do admire her honesty in telling me about this 1 hour after it occurred. But my feeling is that we are engaged to be married. How can she do this to me? I also think, if she seeks the one American man in her college and does this with him, how can I bring her to the USA and trust her with all the American horndogs around here? It seems no way. Even though she swears it will never happen again and begs for another chance, I know I will just get hurt again. 4 trips to China, $25,000 and countless hours now seem all to be wasted. All thrown away in 15 minutes. But I am not an angel either. I lied about a previous marriage until my 3rd trip to China. Being 30 years older than her doesn't help either. But I came clean and I have been true to her (except about my past) since we met. Maybe it's my come uppance. Now I need to think about whether I should give her up. But I know now that I can't bring her here. Comments and thoughts (even brutally honest ones) are welcome. :crying:

Mike

We are the poster children for chain migration!

K-1 Visa

10/13/06 - NOA1

01/25/07 - NOA2

02/12/07 - NVC sent petition to Guangzhou consulate

04/27/07 - Packet 3 received

06/17/07 - Packet 4 received

07/05/07 - Interview - Passed!

07/07/07 - Received K-1 visa

03/20/08 - Received 2 year Green Card

02/21/10 - Received 10 Year Green Card

10/18/11 - Sent N-400

03/22/12 - Sworn in as USC

IR-5 for parents

03/23/12 - Sent I-130

03/29/12 - NOA1

06/29/12 - NOA2

07/23/12 - NVC Received

08/10/12 - Received NVC Case No. and IIN

08/21/12 - AOS Fee Bill Received

08/27/12 - AOS Fee Bill Paid

09/04/12 - GZO numbers received

09/04/12 - AOS E-Mailed

09/06/12 - IV Fee Paid

09/06/12 - DS-230 E-Mailed

09/18/12 - Case Complete

11/01/12 - Interview - Passed

11/08/12 - Received IR-5 visa

F2-B for Brother & Sister

08/28/13 - NOA1

12/24/13 - NOA2

01/15/19 - Welcome letter

02/28/19 - Case Complete

06/20/19 - Interview letter

07/17-18/19 - Interview - Passed

07/31/19 - Received F2-B visa

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Yesterday my fiance told me that she made out with another guy for 15 min. She says no intercourse, but the requisite amount of kissing and touching. There is only one American man in her college. She decides to make friends with him, then goes to his dorm alone. Then she says she was surprised at what happened. I do admire her honesty in telling me about this 1 hour after it occurred. But my feeling is that we are engaged to be married. How can she do this to me? I also think, if she seeks the one American man in her college and does this with him, how can I bring her to the USA and trust her with all the American horndogs around here? It seems no way. Even though she swears it will never happen again and begs for another chance, I know I will just get hurt again. 4 trips to China, $25,000 and countless hours now seem all to be wasted. All thrown away in 15 minutes. But I am not an angel either. I lied about a previous marriage until my 3rd trip to China. Being 30 years older than her doesn't help either. But I came clean and I have been true to her (except about my past) since we met. Maybe it's my come uppance. Now I need to think about whether I should give her up. But I know now that I can't bring her here. Comments and thoughts (even brutally honest ones) are welcome. :crying:

Mike

Walk away now and don't look back.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well that sucks Mike.

They always say "what goes around comes around"

I think 30 years is too big of an age difference in MO.

I dont see how you could have anything in common.

Best of luck what ever you decide. In my OP she is just to young for you. That is my brutal honest comment. She is probley just in a place where she is beginning her life as an adult and you have too many years on here to understand that. You have already done what she is just starting to explore.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Well she told you and very soon after it happened when she probably never need to confess. I think it means she really feels remose I know this doesn't make you feel any better. Couples have survived worse. Talk it out. don;t lower your standards to what you are willing to accept, but I hope you can work it out. (F)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am sorry about your experience. It is hard to give an advice in this kind of situation, you have to follow your heart and your instincts and decide what is the best for you. I think other people can listen but you are the one that will have to make this decision and live with your choices.

Good luck

AOS TIMELINE

10/27/06 Mailed I-485 and I765 to Chicago

11/07/06 Checks cashed

11/09/06 Received NOA1 for both EAD and AOS in the mail

11/13/06 Received a letter for Biometrics appointment

11/15/06 Received e-mail that RFE has been mailed yesterday

11/21/06 Biometrics appointment

12/04/06 Sent RFE back

12/08/06 RFE accepted in Lee's Summit - USPS confirmation

12/12/06 RFE recorded on file by USCIS

12/13/06 Touched

12/18/06 Touched again

12/26/06 Received Interview letter dated Dec 19

01/20/07 EAD file touched

01/24/07 EAD approved and card production ordered - received 3 e-mails!

01/24/07 AOS file touched

01/26/07 EAD touched, 3 e-mails received that the approval notice has been mailed

01/30/07 EAD Card Received by Mail

02/07/07 AOS Interview, approved pending FBI name check

04/27/07 Received E-Mail "Welcome New Resident"

04/30/07 Received E-Mail "Card Production Ordered"

05/01/07 Received Welcome Letter in mail

05/07/07 Green card received in the mail!

01/28/09 Mailed I-751 application.

01/30/09 Check already cleared! In two days!

02/03/09 Received NOA - Letter of extension dated 01/29/09

02/11/09 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 02/24/09

02/24/09 Biometrics Appointment Completed.

04/01/09 Inforpass appointment- got I-551 stamp in my passport

04/11/09 Approval Letter received - dated 04/07/09

05/06/09 E-mail "Card Production Ordered" received

06/01/09 10 Year Green Card Received!

Mike

Mike sorry about your misfortune. I feel your pain. My thoughts on this, is that you already know the answer. You cannot continue a relationship with Lily. We all know that relationships are not always easy and long distances ones are even harder. Much of it is based on trust. Can you see her as the same person? Will you ever trust her again? Can you sleep easy at night without wondering what she is doing or where she is at? Take the time to go through your pain, we all have been there. But remember that there are billions of people in this crazy wondeful world and there are many women out there perfect for you. Take care.

11/28/06 Received NOA1 from VSC by snail mail

12/05/06 Touched

12/21/06 Received email notification of approval! NOA2

12/28/06 Received NOA2 from VSC by snail mail

12/27/06 NVC received I-129F

12/28/06 NVC mailed I-129F to Bogota via DHL

01/02/07 Package arrive in Bogota

01/09/07 Faxed/mailed "shortcut"

01/11/07 Fiancee received Package 3 by mail

01/26/07 Interview date set for 2/26/07

01/30/07 Fiancee received Package 4

02/26/07 Interview is successful

02/27/07 Fiancee received Visa

03/15/07 Arrived in New York!

05/26/07 Married in Orlando!

AOS

06/28/07 Mailed AOS package

06/30/07 Received in Chicago

07/12/07 AOS application check cashed

07/14/07 Received NOA for AOS

07/16/07 Received snail mail notice of Biometric date of 08/02/07

08/02/07 Biometrics

09/07/07 Online notice that EAD card ordered

09/18/07 Received EAD card in the mail

08/03/08 Finally able to view case online

08/16/08 Received notice for second biometrics

09/10/08 Received notice for AOS interview on 09/16/08

09/16/08 AOS APROVED!!!!!

09/29/08 CG arrived in the mail.

07/15/10 Mailed package for lifting conditions.

07/23/10 Received NOA for lifting conditions

07/28/10 Received notice of biometric appointment for

August 11,2010.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Mike

I'd appreciate her being honest with me (at least on this issue).........would stay friends, keep in touch etc........

But marriage would be over.

April 16, 2004 Married in Saint Augustine, Florida.

March 7, 2005 Wife left for Istanbul to serve J-1 2 year HRR. Was a very bad day at Black Rock.

May 23, 2006 USCIS receives application for I-130

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Sept 7, 2006 Noa2 I-130 approved

Oct 10 ,2006 Received fee bill from NVC

Nov 13 ,2006 Received Packet 2 DS-230

Jan 4, 2007 Mailed Packet 2 to NVC

Jan 22, 2007 RFE from NVC aaarrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!

Feb 28, 2007 NVC received "checklist" response and original documents for the RFE

March 13, 2007 Case completed at NVC! Whoooohoooo!! Ankara, here we come!!!!

March 15, 2007 Case fowarded to Ankara Embassy

April 4, 2007 Interview. Wife gets handed the little green paper. Not good. Need to submit a few more things.

April 9, 2007 Items mailed back to Embassy. Crossing fingers, rubbing the "rabbit's foot", etc,..that this may FINALLY be the end.

April 14, 2007 Visa delivered! Wife is finally going to be on her way back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 20, 2007 Wife enters through JFK. The days of grabbing my dinners at the WalMart deli....are now officially over!!!

Stay tuned to this channel for further updates..........

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Mike

She must have had terrific feelings of guilt. I have to give her points for telling you

filed 129 with vermont 4/19/06

first notice 5/3/06?

IMRA RFE 6/19/06

snail mail RFE 6/22/06

returned 6/22/06

email they recieved 6/26/06

second RFE email 7/11/06

recieved 7/22

returned 7/24

touched 7/25

APProved 10/02/06

NVC sent to Moscow 10/17/06

package from Embassy 11/17/06

interview 01/11/07

approved visa 01/11/07

arrived 02/7/07

married 04/13/07

filed AOS 05/13/07

biometrics 06/06/07

Mike

So sorry to hear about that. Cheating is unforgivable, IMO.

Edited by matt85
21FUNNY.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Mike,

After reading your post, I wanted to say "walk away and don't look back" too, but this confusing, you said,

"But I am not an angel either. I lied about a previous marriage until my 3rd trip to China. Being 30 years older than her doesn't help either. But I came clean and I have been true to her (except about my past) since we met. Maybe it's my come uppance. Now I need to think about whether I should give her up. But I know now that I can't bring her here."

If you agree that you too have been dishonest, I guess you need to decide what you are willing to put up with. You can have a partner, who you can not trust and who might leave you (and she probably will), or you can go it alone. What are your limits and will there be one set of rules for you and a different set of rules for you SO in this relationship?

As for the age difference, she's going to want to experiment and will probably feel stifled in a relationship with someone so much older. I think you know what you need to do. Everyone deserves to be happy and if that's what you really want, you may need to do things differently next time....provided you walk away from this situation.

Mike

NOA 2: 04-02-2008-->SECOND Petition approved

07-31-08- Entered the U.S.

09-17-08- Married

10-29-08: File AOS, EAD, AP

01-15-09: EAD Approved

02-26-09: Biometrics Appt.

03-07-09: EAD card received via mail

03-20-09: AOS approved

03-28-09: Greencard arrives via mail

Sometimes we can do things, for whatever reason, that we regret or that hurts another deeply. Does that mean it can happen again or that the person doesn't trully love you, not necessarily. An aunt of mine (married to my moms brother) had an affair with my uncle (married to my moms sister). One couple was able to put it behind them and have had a very strong marrage for over 20 years since. The other couple was not as my uncle was unable to keep his hands off other women. You know your fiance better than any of us. Lonliness and stress, amongst other things, can sometimes put us in situations and cause actions that we otherwise wouldn't act on. She did come clean on this straight after the incident, so to do that took a lot of courage on her part as she could of kept it a secret. Personally, I believe she deserves a second chance.

I wish you the very best with this. Look into your heart and also listen to what your gut tells you...not what the hurt is telling you.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Use your head on this one and not your heart. How will you think in the future. I tend to agree with many of the other posts. Many women in the world, can you trust her again? The fact you both hid or had indiscretions in the relationship suggests to me you both have some issues. Are either one of you really ready for marriage. Trust and honesty are keys to any relationship, do you have either? If you think not, cut your losses now.

I-130

2006 09 06 Mailed I-130

2006 09 07 Rec'd at CA Center

2006 09 13 I-130 NOA1 receipt date

2006 11 22 NOA2, approved

2007 02 15 Case complete at NVC

2007 02 21 Case forwarded to Bogota Embassy

2007 02 23 Case received at Embassy

2007 04 12 Interview,VISA GRANTED

I-751- Removing Conditions

2009 04 08 Overnight Application

2009 04 09 Rec'd Application at CSC

2009 04 17 Rec'd NOA

2009 05 10 Called CSC - No Biometrix letter, 45 day Inquiry starts

2009 05 18 Made Info Pass appointment for June 2

2009 05 26 Rec'd response and copy of Bio Appt letter dated May 14, Appt on May 28

2009 05 27 Biometrix-walked in a day early and completed appointment

2009 06 01 Approved Conditions Removed (rec'd Congratulations letter on June 9)

2009 06 12 Touched but nothing changed on USCIS website