Darnell

K-1s STUCK @ NVC for AP Part II

431 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Do the same three situations apply for an I-130 application? We just got out of USCIS and went into AP at NVC.

I wish i had 'the' answer for you, chasing after an IR-1 visa, but

When I study your timeline, I am confused on the dates on the timeticks.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My timeline is confusing because of the way it happened. I'll summarize:

We applied for the I-130 on August 25, 2012.

It was approved on November 23, 2012.

AOS completed December 7, 2012

IV fees paid December 19, 2012

DS 3032 returned to NVC on January 18, 2013

Then USCIS recalled our application and sent us a NOID. I am not sure when the recall happened but the NOID was sent on February 5, 2013.

NOID reply received by USCIS on March 1, 2013

I-130 reaffirmed on July, 20 2013

Received at NVC on July 25, 2013

Stuck at NVC in AP since then

I was not exactly sure how to enter a date for a NOID and also for a reaffirmation, so I just entered them as new approved dates. NVC has already told me that I won't have to pay the fees again therefore those dates would remain the same. Sorry for the confusion with my timeline.

Lee.gif

No, I just had 'normal IR-1 processing' with Doc Intake and Fee Payment at NVC. It's a totally different thing, compared to a K-1 visa.

In the past, however, 'AP at NVC for a K-1 visa' was not a noticeable timelag, as things went through much quicker at NVC. I dunno, processes change, data systems change, so going through those 'normal 3 queues' has lagged considerably compared to 2 years ago for K-1 visa chasers.

Yes understand. But, do the members here that are going through the CR-1 having the same delays (longer or shorter?) that the K-1 members are having?

I AM USC

Timeline

Remember, this topic is for K-1 visa chasers, first and foremost, aye?

In the past, NVC was just 'a shipping point' or so it seemed, because of the superfast work done at NVC. These days, there are lags on the 3 queues.

---

for CR-1 doc intake, that's not the same thing as the K-1 at NVC, at all. I'm not going to describe the differences, at all, but suggest you find and study LingChe in the Wiki here.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

My timeline is confusing because of the way it happened. I'll summarize:

Received at NVC on July 25, 2013

Stuck at NVC in AP since then

Lee - I'll posit that since NVC only received it on 25 July 2013 - they are gonna do 'their normal stuff' for logging, scanning, and forms review. Since you are NOT a K-1, and since the casefile was kicked back to USCIS, note the steps and process are totally unlike what a normal K-1 will have.

For now - I suggest calling in on occassion, ask about casefile status. IMO, prep a new I-864 to cover this year and the prior 3 years. You could even send the new one IN without prompting, just using the AOS coversheet downloaded from the online payment portal.

You might want to shift, though, to a new topic, noting this topic is for K-1 visa chasers who learn of 'administrative processing' at NVC.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Joining this thread unfortunately. NVC received and assigned a case number on 8/19. So I call every day on the drive to work and on the drive home from work. All the operators can tell me is that it is in AP. sometimes they says additional processing other times administrative processing. From what I read its the same thing. They are all pretty useless individuals actually. Reading off a screen and spouting the same verbage every time I call. Just hope that one day soon one of them tells me it is on its way to Kiev.

I played a game the other day. As some may know the case number is 3 letters the year then the day of the year plus 500 (so aigust 19th is day 231 so 500 plus 231 gie me my 3 numbers after the year)and the last 3 numbers are the order in which they are assigned a case number. So bored at work I start looking for patterns by changing the last 3 digits. It seems those assigned later in the day are more like to still be "at NVC". I've done this for multiple days by raising and lowering the the 3 numbers after the year. It is not always the case but most seem to be stuck when you have a later issued number on each day. So my question is do they do what they can in a day, leave the rest in a pile, then process the next days, and if they can comeback and work the ones they did t get to? I'm just looking for answers and nobody will give them of course. Anyway my Rant is over. Just needed to vent since I thought we were so close. Now I see people a week later moving in to NVC and out to the Kiev embassy. Guess that's government for you!

Joining this thread unfortunately. NVC received and assigned a case number on 8/19. So I call every day on the drive to work and on the drive home from work. All the operators can tell me is that it is in AP. sometimes they says additional processing other times administrative processing. From what I read its the same thing. They are all pretty useless individuals actually. Reading off a screen and spouting the same verbage every time I call. Just hope that one day soon one of them tells me it is on its way to Kiev.

I played a game the other day. As some may know the case number is 3 letters the year then the day of the year plus 500 (so aigust 19th is day 231 so 500 plus 231 gie me my 3 numbers after the year)and the last 3 numbers are the order in which they are assigned a case number. So bored at work I start looking for patterns by changing the last 3 digits. It seems those assigned later in the day are more like to still be "at NVC". I've done this for multiple days by raising and lowering the the 3 numbers after the year. It is not always the case but most seem to be stuck when you have a later issued number on each day. So my question is do they do what they can in a day, leave the rest in a pile, then process the next days, and if they can comeback and work the ones they did t get to? I'm just looking for answers and nobody will give them of course. Anyway my Rant is over. Just needed to vent since I thought we were so close. Now I see people a week later moving in to NVC and out to the Kiev embassy. Guess that's government for you!

Wow... i like your game, but to me is very frustrating... I have been playing with it too seeing people from the same day and even one single digit away shipped away to the embassy, and mine stays the same, and whenever I call all they can say is "your file ma'am is in administrative processing and we do not have a time-frame for when it can or could be sent to the embassy". That has been the story all week long, no matter if I e-mail them or call them... I guess I need to be patient and wait until they come back to it from their vacation.

Excuse me for complaining so much, I am just tired of playing the waiting game. It really does not go with me.

event.png
event.png

event.png

Timeline

Wow... i like your game, but to me is very frustrating... I have been playing with it too seeing people from the same day and even one single digit away shipped away to the embassy, and mine stays the same, and whenever I call all they can say is "your file ma'am is in administrative processing and we do not have a time-frame for when it can or could be sent to the embassy". That has been the story all week long, no matter if I e-mail them or call them... I guess I need to be patient and wait until they come back to it from their vacation.

Excuse me for complaining so much, I am just tired of playing the waiting game. It really does not go with me.

Oh trust me it is annoying the heck out of me too. some operators are nice others are matter of fact and could not care less. A guy today was sympathetic and said to me " trust me it will move pinto them soon. I can't tell you when because I don't know but I'm going off experience". For some reason he sensed the anguish in my voice from being told the same thing yet again. There are quite a few from my day that still show "at NVC" but it truely angers me to see others sent in a week after mine already "in transit". All I can do is pray and wait. I guess maybe I'm a control freak and problem solver because all I want to do is find the solution to what's holding it up and direct them how to fix it and send it on to Kiev. But you will not get any answers as to why it is AP at this stage of the game.

Timeline

Just made my last call to NVC before the holiday weekends. Actually had a really nice operator who have me more info that anyone so far. We shot the bull a bit, I figured kill them with kindness. He told me from what he has been able to tell that AP for k1 is completely random. Now he could be wrong but who knows. Ill take that over the normal

Answer I've been getting of blah blah blah. If they were just honest and told us what was up they wouldnt be getting so many calls. Again im just venting. Has anyone had any luck calling a Senator or representative? I've got a friend who is John Boehners niece. Thinking about reaching out to her if this keeps going. The speaker of the house (ie his staff) may be able to get a better answer than I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Just made my last call to NVC before the holiday weekends. Actually had a really nice operator who have me more info that anyone so far. We shot the bull a bit, I figured kill them with kindness. He told me from what he has been able to tell that AP for k1 is completely random. Now he could be wrong but who knows. Ill take that over the normal

Answer I've been getting of blah blah blah. If they were just honest and told us what was up they wouldnt be getting so many calls. Again im just venting. Has anyone had any luck calling a Senator or representative? I've got a friend who is John Boehners niece. Thinking about reaching out to her if this keeps going. The speaker of the house (ie his staff) may be able to get a better answer than I can.

Just to update, we are still in AP at the NVC, and no clue of anything being shipped to the embassy in my case. I was thinking about contacting my congress person, but I don't know howI could do that, or if it would really help us in any way... It has been almost 3 weeks since a case number was assigned at the NVC... I guess I will follow what someone told me of worrying after 4 weeks have passed.

event.png
event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Was told today that my case is going through necessary AP fr about 3 o4 weeks, maybe sooner. I have no clue what that means. Lets see hw long it takes. Been there since 9/6

We were stuck in AP on our K1 a few years back, for nearly 8 weeks. I was told at interview it was random. Times have come down a lot since then, which is good!

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I had been in AP at NVC since Friday October 4.so far it's been 16 days and counting......

A&J K1 visa Journey

Sent I-129F packet Sat-June 8,2013.

USCIS received 1-I29F Packet Wed-June 12,2013.

NOA1 Notification (email & text msg) and Notice Date Fri-June 14,2013.

Awaiting NOA1 hard copy in mail.................................

Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) On Thurs-June 20, 2013

NOA1 hard copy in the mail Fri-June 21,2013

I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) transferred from VSC to TSC On Fri-August 9, 2013

I129F,Petition for FIANCE(E) transfer and now being process at TSC Thur-August 15,2013

Receive Notice of Action Transfer (NOA-T) on Mon-August 19,2013

NOA2 Notification (Email) Wed-September 18,2013

NOA2 hard copy in the mail Tues-September 24,2013

I129F is shipped from USCIS to NVC Thurs-September 26,2013

NVC received approved I129F and assign case number Fri-October 4,2013

NVC shipped I129F to Embassy Wed-October 23,2013

event.png

event.png

I had been in AP at NVC since Friday October 4.so far it's been 16 days and counting....

How soon after you received your case number did you find out you were in AP?

Thank you for any help!

4q5k.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.