Pria22

RFE!! Now what's Initial Evidence?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

On May 17, 2013, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.
What's Initial Evidence?

Evidence you were supposed to include in the initial, first package, but missed.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Any document? or my fiancee missed to sign any page?

It's anything you forgot to do that should have been done "initially". Included something, ticked a box, signed a form, dated a form... could be anything.

Now you wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It's anything you forgot to do that should have been done "initially". Included something, ticked a box, signed a form, dated a form... could be anything.

Now you wait.

How much more days you think we will be delayed to get NOA2?

Filed: Timeline

I got a text and email notification on May 8 and May 13 saying my case was updated. The update was that they put my case on RFE and that they sent an RFE on those days. I called them up saying when the RFE will arrive in the mail. They said give them 15 days for the RFE to arrive. By the 16th day if the RFE doesn't arrive, give them a call back. I still haven't received my RFE, and I don't know how long my overall visa process will be delayed, if any delay.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

How much more days you think we will be delayed to get NOA2?

Well, basically you're on hold until you get the mail, then until you reply, the time the mail takes back as well as the time they take to process it. Usually if you respond ASAP it would only be a couple of weeks. The biggest delay is how long it takes you to reply to them so they can do the next bit.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi all,

I checked my status today and they ask for more evidence. Does someone what type of evidence? What they may be asking?

So frustrated. Someone related to this issue? Any experience? Please let me know :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all,

I checked my status today and they ask for more evidence. Does someone what type of evidence? What they may be asking?

So frustrated. Someone related to this issue? Any experience? Please let me know sad.png

Same answer as the OP was given. None of us can know what your RFE is about. You have to wait until you receive the letter from them in the mail and see what they are asking for. You can go over all your forms and documents against the checklist and see if you forgot anything, like a document that is needed, to check a box that needing checking, or a signature somewhere. You might be able to see what you think the RFE will be about before it arrives, but still never really know until you read that RFE letter.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

After you send them what they ask in RFE, it takes 2 weeks to 2 months before you get the NOA2.

Now just wait for the RFE hard copy to find out what do they need

Our K-1 Journey: Vermont
03/05/2013 - sent our I-129F to Dallas lockbox
03/11/2013 - NOA-1 date
07/02/2013 - RFE email notification received
07/19/2013 - RFE reply sent to Vermont
07/30/2013 - NOA-2 date
08/26/2013 - case received by NVC, case number assigned
08/28/2013 - case left the NVC
08/30/2013 - case received by the consulate (but not in the system yet)
09/05/2013 - received a letter with instructions from the consulate
09/20/2013 - interview!
09/25/2013 - visa in hand
09/29/2013 - POE
Our AOS Journey:
10/04/2013 - sent our AOS package to Chicago lockbox
10/09/2013 - NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765
11/19/2013 - biometrics
11/27/2013 - status for I-485 changed to "Testing and Interview"
12/05/2013 - I-765 approved!
12/14/2013 - combo card received
12/28/2013 - received an interview invitation letter
01/28/2014 - interview (approved on the spot)

02/06/2014 - Green card received

Our I-751 Journey:Vermont

11/16/2015 - sent I-751 package to Vermont

11/20/2015 - NOA-1 date

12/21/2015 - Biometrics

10/07/2016 - NOA-2 date

10/24/2016 - GC received

Our N-400 Journey (New York City):

11/01/2016 - sent N-400 package to Lewisville

11/07/2016 - NOA-1 date

11/29/2016 - Biometrics

12/28/2016 - "In Line for an interview"

05/02/2017 - "Interview scheduled" notification

05/08/2017 - Interview letter received

06/06/2017 - Interview

06/09/2017 - "Oath ceremony notice was mailed" notification

06/12/2017 - Oath letter received

06/21/2017 - Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.