wafa1994

Rfe help

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Hey guys!

The rfe says "submit evidence that you and your fiancé have met each other at some time during the two year period from July 31,2010, until July 31, 2012".

Me and my fiancé met in the begining of 2010. I came back from Yemen in the end of February.

By July 31,2010 I was in USA, but we talked and send letters.

So is it ok to send photos from January and February 2010.

Edited by wafa1994

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The requirements state that you have to have met each other in person within 2 years. So, for example, if you got your NOA1 today that means you'd have to have met between 4/29/2011 and today. Unfortunately, this means that if you met prior to the 4/29/2011 date in this scenario, it doesn't count for filing. Since your 2 year window is between July 31, 2010 and July 31, 2012, having met in January/February is not going to work for visa purposes. You need a more recent visit.

Basically, if that trip was your one and only trip, you need to make another one. It's been years since my husband and I went through this process, so I'm not sure if you can visit now and send that as a response to your RFE, or if you'll need to meet and then file all over again. I'm sure that someone will chime in on that.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

You will have to meet now or in the near future and then file again, the rule is pretty clear (I know, it sucks, but t is what it is) and it states that you should have seen eachother at least once in a 2 year period prior to filling, so those pictures won't do any good. I'm sorry sad.png

Fania & Nelson

Met: 02/14/08
Married: 04/04/13
I-130 sent: 04/15/13
Rcvd by USCIS: 04/18/13
NOA1: 04/22/13
NOA2: 12/10/13

NVC Case complete: 04/04/14

Appointment assigned: 04/17/14
Appointment: 05/16/14

Arrival to NYC: 07/03/14

Sent I-751 to VSC 04/04/16

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Unfortunately, they are looking at the two year requirement of before you filed your petition. That is why they are asking for proof between July 2010 - July 2012. If you do not have any proof to send them during that time frame, then your petition will be rejected as you do not meet the qualifications for applying.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

If you haven't met in 2 years immediately before filing I-129F, your petition will be denied.

You will need to meet with your fiancee after that and then refile. Sorry, but requirements are very clear and you don't meet them.

Edited by Tygrys

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi everyone, i have been waiting for over 6 months and i know i have a REF letter comming in the mail, iam not sure if they will require a met in person before we filled as i do not have that, we met about 2 and half years before i file and based to what i am reading here my petition will be denied as i do not have and pics together or meeting evidence within the required time, i mean i can make a trip now but that wont support my case :( my case is similar to yours Wafa.. but i will have hope till i get the paper.. the person who filed never mentioned anything like that to me,,he charged me over $2000 :(:(:(

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

they stick with the rules, its like a statue, you have to have met in 2 years period. If you have not, ask your lawyer and then call USCIS and ask for their opinion and decide for the next step. If what you hear the news as negative, ask the same lawyer to refile with no charge. If he doesnt agree, go forward and file yourself. its not hard ,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey guys!

The rfe says "submit evidence that you and your fiancé have met each other at some time during the two year period from July 31,2010, until July 31, 2012".

Me and my fiancé met in the begining of 2010. I came back from Yemen in the end of February.

By July 31,2010 I was in USA, but we talked and send letters.

So is it ok to send photos from January and February 2010.

Based on the math, you're going to have to go back to Yemen for a visit, or some third country where you can meet, since you don't seem to meet the two year requirement. That raises a good question. If you meet now and submit proof with the RFE response, would they accept that for the two year rule and keep your current petition active, or would they reject the packet and have you resubmit from the beginning? I hope they keep you active!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

For both of you in this thread that sent your I-129F petition and had not been together face-to-face within the 2 years prior to filing> withdraw your petition, meet in person, refile using evidence of your new visit together.

The instructions are very clear on the requirements. The two main ones are: you are both free to marry at the time you file the I-129F and that you have met in person face-to-face within the 2 years prior to filing your I-129F petition. If you do not meet these requirements, then you cannot have your I-129F approved.

Read over the I-129F form instructions, go visit, and follow the guide here on VJ when you refile.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

That raises a good question. If you meet now and submit proof with the RFE response, would they accept that for the two year rule and keep your current petition active,

No. You must meet in the 2-year period PRIOR to initial submission of the petition. You cannot meet after the petition is filed for the purposes of the requirement.

Both people in here will have their petitions denied.

There has been a lot these lately. I remember at least four.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi All.. when i get denied, i will refile with more better way and i can go visit my finace and spend the best time and get pics and evidences and prove to the whole world we love each other and will wait for ever because we know that one day we will be together no matter what... thanks for the opinion and advices.. best luck all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.