nicknackzz

Anything and everything.

84 posts in this topic

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/422433-k-1-visa-or-vwp/page__p__6108099#entry6108099

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/422952-visa-waiver-program/page__p__6121362#entry6121362

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/423696-k-1-help-please/page__p__6135087#entry6135087

:wow:

OP, are you the girl or the Irish guy this time? In each different thread you post, you what to know about either a K-1, VWP or CR1. Either you know you want to come to the states to marry or you marry in Ireland. It seems suspicious and as though you are just finding ways to get to the US and stay here. What are you both really after?

:o Good work, Mina.

I wonder sometimes if there aren't people testing the waters here purely to see if we are willing to give out questionable advice.

But that would be paranoid, wouldn't it. :P

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

:o Good work, Mina.

I wonder sometimes if there aren't people testing the waters here purely to see if we are willing to give out questionable advice.

But that would be paranoid, wouldn't it. :P

Just following my hunch. :)

When two things don't add up, there is always something wrong in the equation. There are far too many GENUINE people who work hard to bring their significant other, family member, relative, or spouse to be with them and fail. It irks me when people want to cheat their way through the system and after being caught, make everyone else suffer for their wrongdoings.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

IVE ASKED... WHat forms do we file for the cr-1 route??????? thats my question!!!! OMG

The guides are complete, and tell you exactly which forms you need to file, depending on whether you are already married or not, and whether or not both partners are inside or outside of the US. You need to spend a significant amount of time reading the guides and forms. This process is extremely onerous and time consuming. Make sure you read through everything with a fine tooth comb, and check and double check everything.

SO MANY THREADS...... I think she is looking for the answer she wants to hear that works the best for her...:bonk: If she read the guidelines, things would become a bit clearer.

http://www.visajourn...99#entry6108099

http://www.visajourn...62#entry6121362

http://www.visajourn...87#entry6135087

:wow:

OP, are you the girl or the Irish guy this time? In each different thread you post, you what to know about either a K-1, VWP or CR1. Either you know you want to come to the states to marry or you marry in Ireland. It seems suspicious and as though you are just finding ways to get to the US and stay here. What are you both really after?

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

SO MANY THREADS...... I think she is looking for the answer she wants to hear that works the best for her...:bonk: If she read the guidelines, things would become a bit clearer.

Oh it's clear I'm sure. Just not what the person wants. But we can't always get what we want.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

IVE ASKED... WHat forms do we file for the cr-1 route??????? thats my question!!!! OMG

Its more complicated than just which forms to fill out because of you age. Hire a lawyer! If you can not afford one, you can not afford to get married.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Lol, If i didnt have an attitude i wouldnt be human, also im 17 but matured well for my age. my hubby is more of the immature one lol,

Just looking for info here.. Not jokes, but i cant seem to get it, so thank you anyways.

why are you calling him your hubby if you are not married?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

No, your question was. I want to know "anything and everything"

if you want help you seriously need to drop the attitude. I don;t care if you think it's cool to be a wiseazz, but people are not going to be willing to help you until you smarten up and try acting like the so called adult you claim to be. Whether you like it or not, 17 is NOT an adult....I don't care how mature you claim to be. If you want answers read the guides, and study them

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Just some observations about the CR-1/K1 process.

The visa process can be seen as sort of a trial by fire.

Consider this.

If you are impatient… you should reconsider.

If you are easily upset or angered… you should reconsider.

If you have money problems… you should reconsider.

If you have difficulties understanding legal documents… you should reconsider.

Be aware of this.

Expect the process to take a long time.

Expect to be tested mentally and emotionally.

Expect to pay repeated fees, travel expenses, as well as being able to support both yourself and the beneficiary for a long time even after they are here.

Expect to be judged and scrutinized based on how you look on paper and in person.

The view of USCIS and the embassy.

You are guilty of visa fraud. You must now PROVE that you are not guilty and your relationship is real. If it’s real then you will wait as long as USCIS deems reasonable.

You are guilty, belligerence or arrogance will not be tolerated, and your feelings are a moot subject and do not matter.

You are responsible for ALL financial matters related to yourself and your beneficiary from now until the end of time. Your ability to support your family WITHOUT the assistance of the beneficiary MUST be proven. You will not be allowed create a potential burden for taxpayers by bringing a person into the county.

Your age even at 18 will be viewed with suspicion. Your financial ability will be viewed with suspicion. The validity of your relationship will be viewed with suspicion. Your maturity will be viewed with suspicion.

After all that… The entire process can come down to the OPINION of one person, who you may or may not be allowed to speak with for only a few minutes. Without the time or ability to plead your case.

This is not a light decision. It will affect the rest of your life. It is expensive, time consuming, and painful. It is intended to be difficult. We choose this path because we have no other choice. We choose this trial of fire rather than losing a part of our soul. Even a man who displays absolute bravado will quietly admit that asking him to live without his wife/spouse/fiancée/asawa is like asking him to live without air.

Quite possibly the best post I have ever read on this board. :thumbs:

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

Just some observations about the CR-1/K1 process.

The visa process can be seen as sort of a trial by fire.

Consider this.

If you are impatient… you should reconsider.

If you are easily upset or angered… you should reconsider.

If you have money problems… you should reconsider.

If you have difficulties understanding legal documents… you should reconsider.

Be aware of this.

Expect the process to take a long time.

Expect to be tested mentally and emotionally.

Expect to pay repeated fees, travel expenses, as well as being able to support both yourself and the beneficiary for a long time even after they are here.

Expect to be judged and scrutinized based on how you look on paper and in person.

The view of USCIS and the embassy.

You are guilty of visa fraud. You must now PROVE that you are not guilty and your relationship is real. If it's real then you will wait as long as USCIS deems reasonable.

You are guilty, belligerence or arrogance will not be tolerated, and your feelings are a moot subject and do not matter.

You are responsible for ALL financial matters related to yourself and your beneficiary from now until the end of time. Your ability to support your family WITHOUT the assistance of the beneficiary MUST be proven. You will not be allowed create a potential burden for taxpayers by bringing a person into the county.

Your age even at 18 will be viewed with suspicion. Your financial ability will be viewed with suspicion. The validity of your relationship will be viewed with suspicion. Your maturity will be viewed with suspicion.

After all that… The entire process can come down to the OPINION of one person, who you may or may not be allowed to speak with for only a few minutes. Without the time or ability to plead your case.

This is not a light decision. It will affect the rest of your life. It is expensive, time consuming, and painful. It is intended to be difficult. We choose this path because we have no other choice. We choose this trial of fire rather than losing a part of our soul. Even a man who displays absolute bravado will quietly admit that asking him to live without his wife/spouse/fiancée/asawa is like asking him to live without air.

Quoting for Truth.

The last line is my husband. :) Immigration is a definite test of a relationship.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

Quite possibly the best post I have ever read on this board. :thumbs:

..I got emailed notifs for this lol, i am the BF replying as of NOW... i believe my gf made this post though as she told me via email & facebook...

No i am not a predator .. lol we've met and ive stayed with her and her family for 3months!! :P back in oct and yes a few last posts was about going to the USA for the first time! :]

PLease if youre going to be jerks on this post, dont bother replying, the smart remarks wont be answered!!! :P

Thanks for the help to the ones who replied with links and SOME info.. im checking it all out and taking it in! I have a picture up of us also, so dont be going around assuming someons a predator ...thats a strong word to call someone... specially when they arent.

PS: Northern ireland Marriage 16-17 need parental consent/birth certif,ID and a witness.. 18 & above, witness, license etc.. I know the law here, as ive lived here. lol IM just wondering for the USA. cheers~THE BF

Edited by nicknackzz

..I got emailed notifs for this lol, i am the BF replying as of NOW... i believe my gf made this post though as she told me via email & facebook...

No i am not a predator .. lol we've met and ive stayed with her and her family for 3months!! :P back in oct and yes a few last posts was about going to the USA for the first time! :]

PLease if youre going to be jerks on this post, dont bother replying, the smart remarks wont be answered!!! :P

Thanks for the help to the ones who replied with links and SOME info.. im checking it all out and taking it in! I have a picture up of us also, so dont be going around assuming someons a predator ...thats a strong word to call someone... specially when they arent.

PS: Northern ireland Marriage 16-17 need parental consent/birth certif,ID and a witness.. 18 & above, witness, license etc.. I know the law here, as ive lived here. lol IM just wondering for the USA. cheers~THE BF

BTW you can make your own account. You do not need to post on your girlfriend's but I don't think it's against the TOS to do so.

Being worried about someone being subjected to a predator doesn't mean anyone ASSUMED you were one, just that the thought crossed through someone's mind and they voiced their concern. Good to know you're not.:thumbs:

All of the information is freely available via a regular desktop screen. (Which actually is available on mobile phones and tablets, if you use the "full version" at the bottom of the page.) Feel free to read the wiki's as well, there is a great deal of good information there.

One thing for the two of you to consider is how to prove you have a bona fide marriage, if you choose the CR1 route.

If you're in Northern Ireland, you will be processed in London, not in Dublin. I know partisan politics and everything (my Strabane husband and I are sick to death of it all), but your Ireland flag is way misleading, auld boy.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.