cardilene

Petitions Of Brothers, Sisters and Adult Children to be Eliminated

47 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

http://www.gurfinkel.com/imm_updates179.htm

I am hoping that this would not pass,...

PD ~ June 18, 2009

IMMIGRANT VISA APPROVED ~ March 15, 2012

VISA ON HAND ~ March 21, 2012

TOUCHDOWN California ~ April 8, 2012

GREEN CARD ON HAND ~ April 27, 2012

DMV Written ~ May 1, 2012 (passed TAKE 1)

DMV Actual ~ May 21, 2012 (passed TAKE 1)

California Driver's License ON HAND - June 11, 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Apparently Gurfinkel has no influence with the legislative process.

That's a plus !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

He's probably just trying to scare people into paying for his legal services, but I don't think this is such a bad thing. A line has to be drawn somewhere anyway, and putting less resources towards siblings and adult children theoretically should allow for more efficient processing for the applications of spouses, young children, and parents.

I think this proposed law makes a whole lot of sense.

Blue Bianchi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

01/08/2020 Day 00 - Submitted N-400 online

01/11/2020 Day 03 - Received NOA online, Priority Date January 8, 2020

01/14/2020 Day 06 - Received notice of Biometrics appointment online.

01/31/2020 Day 20 - Biometrics Appointment (scheduled)
07/08/2020 Day 183 - Received online notice of citizenship interview 
08/21/2020 Day 227 - Citizenship interview
08/21/2020 Day 227 - Citizenship Oath (Same day as interview!)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is good... Will make processing of spouse and fiance visa faster.

AOS sent - 04/03/2016

AOS rc'd - 04/06/2016

Txt Message - 04/22/2016

NOA Hard Copy - 04/25/2016

Biometric Sched - 05/10/2016

Re-take Biometric - 06/07/2016

RFE on EAD - 06/29/2016 [case status online]

Rc'd RFE letter on mail - 07/05/2016

RFE docs mailed back - 07/05/2016

EAD was APPROVE! - 07/13/2016

EAD Card on hand - 07/19/2016

Card for i-485 is being produced. No interview = 08/26/2016

NOW WAITING FOR I-485

08/04/2016 = RFE

CARD ON HAND!!

SSN

07/25/2016 = Filed...Still waiting til date :(

08/25/2016 - SSN on hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Another yes vote.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The problem is the additional manpower and resources most likely will not make the process faster for spouses and fiancees.. I'm sure their looking at the incredible huge issue they have here at home and all the manpower that is going to be needed to solve it..

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Timeline

This is a bill that disguised as strong position against immigrants that may feed off the system. But is actually a bill written by big corporations & businesses via their bought & paid for politicians (mostly Republicans) that don't want to pay Americans a living wage and rather pay a foreigner less money & less benefits that most Americans wouldn't accept. It's basically the same 'race to the bottom' thats championed by big business that's destroying & eliminating the kinds of jobs that were the norm after WWII.

Here's some facts from the last decade.

Before George W. Bush got into office, there were basically about 50,000 H1 Visa's allowed per year (immigrant worker). When Bush got into office, this amount was upped to 150,000. BIG MISTAKE!! Why? There are roughly about 150,000 students graduating every year in the U.S. with higher degrees. If you allow 150,000 immigrants into the U.S. every year that will displace those AMERICANS from competing for those jobs...then its just simple math. For 8 years under Bush, this type of mentality prevailed because it was all about giving power to corporations and businesses rather than concentrating on creating jobs. Thus....George W. Bush had one of the most disastrous jobs creation records of the majority of Presidents. And thus...we are still feeling the pain of this last administration. Not that I'm a huge Obama supporter either...the last President I actually voted for was Ross Perot. If Ross would have become Pres instead of Clinton, we would have seen NAFTA & CAFTA stopped dead in its tracks. One of the worst legislations to come down the pike in many many years. It killed MILLIONS of manufacturing jobs & caused much of those jobs to move to Mexico, China, India & many other countries.

What makes me laugh though is. Drive by any working farm & see who makes up the majority of the workers. They are 99% migrant. And if you check and see what political side of the spectrum those farm owners are on, 99% of them are supposed 'conservatives' or Republicans. The very same people whom are so anti-immigrant. It's not something the main stream media focuses on....outing the very people whom are so anti-immigrant, but welcome those immigrants to pick their produce & work their farms.

Timeline

Politics on the forum, Talaga? We were a rich strong country when the Republicans were in charge!!

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

This is...actually a bill written by big corporations & businesses via their bought & paid for politicians (mostly Republicans) that don't want to pay Americans a living wage and rather pay a foreigner less money & less benefits that most Americans wouldn't accept.

^^^ You got that right! :thumbs:

Here in Seattle, it's common knowledge that Microsoft has been lobbying hard for an increase in work visas...and we all know why. ;)

...We were a rich strong country when the Republicans were in charge!!

^^^ Yup...George Bush was the best President since Herbert Hoover!

Oops, wait a minute... :lol:

This is a bill that disguised as strong position against immigrants that may feed off the system. But is actually a bill written by big corporations & businesses via their bought & paid for politicians (mostly Republicans) that don't want to pay Americans a living wage and rather pay a foreigner less money & less benefits that most Americans wouldn't accept. It's basically the same 'race to the bottom' thats championed by big business that's destroying & eliminating the kinds of jobs that were the norm after WWII.

Here's some facts from the last decade.

Before George W. Bush got into office, there were basically about 50,000 H1 Visa's allowed per year (immigrant worker). When Bush got into office, this amount was upped to 150,000. BIG MISTAKE!! Why? There are roughly about 150,000 students graduating every year in the U.S. with higher degrees. If you allow 150,000 immigrants into the U.S. every year that will displace those AMERICANS from competing for those jobs...then its just simple math. For 8 years under Bush, this type of mentality prevailed because it was all about giving power to corporations and businesses rather than concentrating on creating jobs. Thus....George W. Bush had one of the most disastrous jobs creation records of the majority of Presidents. And thus...we are still feeling the pain of this last administration. Not that I'm a huge Obama supporter either...the last President I actually voted for was Ross Perot. If Ross would have become Pres instead of Clinton, we would have seen NAFTA & CAFTA stopped dead in its tracks. One of the worst legislations to come down the pike in many many years. It killed MILLIONS of manufacturing jobs & caused much of those jobs to move to Mexico, China, India & many other countries.

What makes me laugh though is. Drive by any working farm & see who makes up the majority of the workers. They are 99% migrant. And if you check and see what political side of the spectrum those farm owners are on, 99% of them are supposed 'conservatives' or Republicans. The very same people whom are so anti-immigrant. It's not something the main stream media focuses on....outing the very people whom are so anti-immigrant, but welcome those immigrants to pick their produce & work their farms.

Why the big hate on Republicans since it was a Democrat (Clinton) who signed the current China trade agreement which allowed a huge chunk of our manufacturing jobs to go to China? Thanks Bill.

Why the big hate on Republicans since it was a Democrat (Clinton) who signed the current China trade agreement which allowed a huge chunk of our manufacturing jobs to go to China? Thanks Bill.

^^^ You're confusing "facts" with "hate."

The "facts" about the China vote:

The House:

Yea: 164 Republicans / 73 Democrats

Nay: 57 Republicans / 138 Democrats

The Senate:

Yea: 46 Republicans / 37 Democrats

Nay: 8 Republicans / 7 Democrats

The "facts" about the NAFTA vote:

The House:

Aye: 132 Republicans / 102 Democrats

Nay: 43 Republicans / 156 Democrats

The Senate:

Aye: 34 Republicans / 27 Democrats

Nay: 10 Republicans / 28 Democrats

Don't you just hate those pesky facts... :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I think it's a great idea personally.

^^^ You're confusing "facts" with "hate."

The "facts" about the China vote:

The House:

Yea: 164 Republicans / 73 Democrats

Nay: 57 Republicans / 138 Democrats

The Senate:

Yea: 46 Republicans / 37 Democrats

Nay: 8 Republicans / 7 Democrats

The "facts" about the NAFTA vote:

The House:

Aye: 132 Republicans / 102 Democrats

Nay: 43 Republicans / 156 Democrats

The Senate:

Aye: 34 Republicans / 27 Democrats

Nay: 10 Republicans / 28 Democrats

Don't you just hate those pesky facts... :whistle:

The "fact" is that a president can veto it. He signed it, therefor he owns it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.