Samie

Husband admits during medical he smoked weed 4 years ago

127 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OMG!!!!!!!! Why my husband decides to admit during the medical to smoking weed 4 years ago is a mystery to me.. I coached him forever and urged him not to ever tell that but he did... After all this waiting he does a dumb thing like that... So will we be denied help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so devastated a mind is a terrible thing to waste... Why does he not use his mind...that's only common sense.. so depressed now

Edited by Samie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

OMG!!!!!!!! Why my husband decides to admit during the medical to smoking weed 4 years ago is a mystery to me.. I coached him forever and urged him not to ever tell that but he did... After all this waiting he does a dumb thing like that... So will we be denied help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so devastated a mind is a terrible thing to waste... Why does he not use his mind...that's only common sense.. so depressed now

I just had my medical this week, and because I am so curious I asked my doctor what do they test exactly....he told me that since Obama administration, they just care about tuberculosis and blood test for syphilis...not even drug tests, or HIV. I don't think the doctor will make a point on that, but that is my personal conclusion since what they only care now is about those two things (tuberculosis and syphilis).

Don't be too hard on him, this process is so hard and sometimes anxiouness take control on us!

Good luck :)

Edited by Me&myBaby

Are you sure that he is not playing with you? I cannot believe he would tell the doctor that. And even if he did it was 4 years ago.

I AM USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

@ staceluvyou- so what happens when they give u a one yr ban?

01/05/2013 - Sent duplicate I-129F packet

07/10/2013 - Received NOA2 email

07/22/2013 - NVC assigned number

08/12/2013 - Received Interview Date

09/13/2013 - Inteview Date (APPROVED)

10/30/2013 - US Arrival

11/29/2013 - Married

01/25/2014 - Filed I-485, I-131 & I-765

02/25/2014 - Biometrics

04/02/2014 - Received approval text for EAD/AP

04/10/2014 - Received EAD/AP card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

He will be given an automatic one year ban, i'm presently going through the same thing

Isn't it one year from last admitted use?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Seems it's our luck it's been a hard time this journey..It was so close I am in disbelief and so disappointed in him. He feel terrible as he should I can't help but be hard on him that was so foolish..I need a supernatural miracle Lord only you have the power..

devastated :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just had my medical this week, and because I am so curious I asked my doctor what do they test exactly....he told me that since Obama administration, they just care about tuberculosis and blood test for syphilis...not even drug tests, or HIV. I don't think the doctor will make a point on that, but that is my personal conclusion since what they only care now is about those two things (tuberculosis and syphilis).

Don't be too hard on him, this process is so hard and sometimes anxiouness take control on us!

Good luck :)

Our embassy drug tests for admitted use. It is a one year automatic ban. It used to be higher and they changed it.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Our embassy drug tests for admitted use. It is a one year automatic ban. It used to be higher and they changed it.

Okay so to confirm. Based on his admission they will do a drug test? If the test is negative he's fine? and if positive 1 year ban? OR one-year ban for just admitting?

If it's the case where it's a drug test and he was telling the truth it's been 4 years then he'll come up negative and be fine. Right?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Okay so to confirm. Based on his admission they will do a drug test? If the test is negative he's fine? and if positive 1 year ban? OR one-year ban for just admitting?

If it's the case where it's a drug test and he was telling the truth it's been 4 years then he'll come up negative and be fine. Right?

No admitted drug use is a test and a one yer ban regardless of test results, it depends on what MD documents.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.