chris and laura

19 Days at the US and still no Welcome letter!!!!!!!!!

33 posts in this topic

yes, I was responding to I Love Islam, she said a lawyer told her to wait until her husband had his greencard before he could apply for SS number, that just isn't true, and yet another example of an immigration attrorney not knowing what he is talking about

Why the two week wait?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i think for the welcome letter!!!!

well i hope mine come today or next week!!!

It took 2 weeks and 2 days for my husband to received his card and the welcome letters (2 of them saying the them thing) came on the same day (Based on my research this happens a lot). I heard if you haven't heard anything within 2 months then you should call but I'm sure it will be fine. Like I said we got the welcome letter at the time as the card. Hope this helps.

Filed: Timeline

my husband didn't get anything too and its been almost 5months that his here..iguess his not welcome here in the USA :rofl:

no need to wait for 2weeks to apply for SSS. SOME office will let u apply sooner....esp.those applicant who leave around suburban area.

also, make sure to apply for ID as soon as possible that u have your SSS card. goodluck!!!

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

is this normal??? or should i worry???? my poe was in huston on saturday feb 9... still no welcome letter!!!!!

Hi, I didn't know there was a welcome letter. My point of entry was Atlanta on Jan 20 but have never received a welcome letter. Does it just say "WELCOME TO AMERICA" or??

event.png

4poLVbT.jpg4poLm4.png

TNeHqx4.jpgTNeHm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

My husband has been here 3 months already and never received a welcome letter. we did apply for his SSN 3 days after he arrived and he got his number a week later.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hi, I didn't know there was a welcome letter. My point of entry was Atlanta on Jan 20 but have never received a welcome letter. Does it just say "WELCOME TO AMERICA" or??

Did you get your green card already?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

is this normal??? or should i worry???? my poe was in huston on saturday feb 9... still no welcome letter!!!!!

Wait....There's a "Welcome Letter"??? My Fiancee' (now wife) entered the US way back on November 28th 2012 (POE Guam) and we still haven't received any "welcome letter". Somehow, I don't think we'll be holding our breath. :blink:

"We Are The Art"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

well i have no idea!! but i got worried because many people here were posting about that welcome letter!! i have 20 days here and no welcome letter for me!! so i am kinda worried!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ok!!! i will for it!! :) i applied for my SSN and they told me that maybe i will get the SSN the first week of march!

if you want the #, go back on Monday, they will give it to you.

If there was some problem, you will learn of it during your visit, also.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.