rade2rising

All my wedding pictures have the wrong date!!! plz help

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

well my wife's interview is in January so I am getting all the pictures together and thats when I realize we got married on March 20th and all the pics are dated March 19th :o

its date stamped by the camera and apparently there is no way to remove the dates other than cropping the pics. So what you guys think I should do? Crop all the pics and take off the dates or leave them as is and try explain the discreprancy??? I dunno if they will believe it and find this as a reason for AP and such stuffs

I am really worried and I cannot believe the pics taken before and after that day are dated correctly....how the heck did this happen :( :( :(

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Aw, I hear you, some of our wedding pictures my sister took of us had not just the day wrong, but the year as well, - basically we got married in 2011 and the date on her pictures was 2006. :/ I think it is best if you crop the images to get the wrong date out, they will only glance at the pictures and it is simply the icing on the cake. As long as she will answer all the other questions right, the pictures won't make it or break it! ;) Good Luck!

Our journey

06/2002 - J1 visa, NY

09/2002 - out of status

10/2005 - married

07/2006 - my daughter is born

09/2007 - AOS approved, CPR

2008 - separated with husband, DV charges, filed for protection order

01/2009 - divorced

09/2009 - LPR!!!!

03/2011 - went to Russia for the first time in 9 years!!!!

03/19/2011- Engaged!!!!

07/23/2011 - our wedding in Russia

07/25-08/03/2011 - our honeymoon in Turkey

10/23-11/13/2011 - went to see my hubby again!

07/16-07/30/2012 - went to Russia to spend our First Year Anniversary together!

I-130 for DH

08/26/2011 - Petition sent

09/06/2011 - 797C Notice, (PAYMENT IS MISSING???!!!!)Mailed I-130 AGAIN.

09/10/2011 - NOA1 ( SMS and email)

04/19/2012 - case is transferred to the local USCIS

05/22/2012 - interview, I-130 Approved, NOA2

13/08/2012 - filed N400

11/16/2012 - sent in my Certificate of Naturalization to NVC to change our case status from F2a to CR1, I am a Citizen of US now! YAHOO!!!

11/30/2012 - e-mail from NVC - our case is under review

12/10/2012 - DS-3032 recieved from NVC

12/12/2012 - I-864 bill is paid

12/28/2012 - I-864 is sent

01/16/2013 - Instructions for DS-230

03/05/2013 - NVC case is complete.

04/30/2013 - Interview

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

well my wife's interview is in January so I am getting all the pictures together and thats when I realize we got married on March 20th and all the pics are dated March 19th :o

its date stamped by the camera and apparently there is no way to remove the dates other than cropping the pics. So what you guys think I should do? Crop all the pics and take off the dates or leave them as is and try explain the discreprancy??? I dunno if they will believe it and find this as a reason for AP and such stuffs

I am really worried and I cannot believe the pics taken before and after that day are dated correctly....how the heck did this happen :( :( :(

Crop the photos.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

tks pushbrk, its a real headache and cropping off the date from some of the pics is leading to some ppl getting deleted from the pics :(

I wouldn't bother doing anything. It doesn't matter. It is one day out. That is not unusual. Plenty people set the time at home then go to another time zone and the date would be 1 day out. If you are worried about it put a note about it in your cover letter. You're not going to get refused because your camera isn't set right.

I think people sweat about the small stuff to much.

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I wouldn't bother doing anything. It doesn't matter. It is one day out. That is not unusual. Plenty people set the time at home then go to another time zone and the date would be 1 day out. If you are worried about it put a note about it in your cover letter. You're not going to get refused because your camera isn't set right.

I think people sweat about the small stuff to much.

Better be safe than sorry. what some consider as 'small stuff' has triggered denials and AP for some poeple......

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

tks pushbrk, its a real headache and cropping off the date from some of the pics is leading to some ppl getting deleted from the pics :(

Life is full of choices. The use of these photos, NOW, has one purpose and that purpose has nothing to do with how anybody might feel about being cropped out of a photo they aren't ever going to see anyway.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

thanks guys I have cropped the pics and order the prints

Are you talking about prints or digital photos ?

Its digital and now I gotta print them out so I am cropping them bcoz I tried everything possible and you cant get those dates off

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: Other Timeline

For immigration purposes, this is totally irrelevant.

For memory purposes, figure about 5 minutes per photo with Photoshop and the date will be gone.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

• 7 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.