and I've been there 3 times to see her

I did read about a canada guy who was turned down same age as me by a year

he made news in august on the net, how I found about it

thanks, I'm american she's fillpina

Ben

Edited by ben krahne

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

you mean bring her over as a visiter b/2 if thats the case, she needs strong ties to your home country dont say she wants to visit her boy friend.its very hard getting a b/2 from the phillina embassy good luck on that,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ben - there are many older fellas with younger women in the RoP that have been approved, these last 2 years - it matches a cultural norm and the Embassy takes that into account.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Depending on which sort of visa you attempt it may be harder to prove a legitimate relationship. You will need to collect a LOT of evidence of an ongoing relationship. Depending on the consul you may have to answer more questions regarding how you met and how you communicate. Age differences are not an automatic disqualification for immigration but the larger the age gap the more questions you will have to answer.

Edited by Artisan

Filed: Timeline

Depending on which sort of visa you attempt it may be harder to prove a legitimate relationship. You will need to collect a LOT of evidence of an ongoing relationship. Depending on the consul you may have to answer more questions regarding how you met and how you communicate. Age differences are not an automatic disqualification for immigration but the larger the age gap the more questions you will have to answer.

its K1 visa, thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello Im Ben, I'm sending in papers tomorrow for bringing my gf over

How much wieght do they consider if shes 37 years younger

I know what your thinking but we've been together for a year and a half

Ben

No problems as long as she can "pass" the interview at the Embassy. Know that there are special "requirements" relative to the Phils and a relationship with a Phils lady.

I'm sure she's worth all of it!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Ben

According to the 'most' testimonies that I've heard with a 'large' age gap, it really doesn't matter.

If you guys met the requirements of a genuine relationship and are both legible for this petition, it should be okay.

Such case is very 'common' here in Philippines. :)

God bless you both and your visa journey!

-Steve&Kalai

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi Ben. I am 27 yrs. older than my fiance. Before I filed my petition, I consulted three (3) attorneys in Fort Lauderdale and Miami. The three of them told me that age was not an issue. I am waiting for my NOA2 at any moment now. I am confident that my fiance's interview will be ok too.

As long as your relationship is genuine, you should be ok. Don't worry.

Filed: Other Timeline

Ben

Everything is relative. So you are . . . what 52 and she is 15?

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Ha Ha naw shes 22 im 59. www.nashvillecalifornia.com I'm songwriter , young at heart I guess

For the most part you should be fine. Just be aware she'll need, at her age in the Philippines, for her parents to have signed off on the requirement of 'Parental Advice'. It's not as strict as if she was a year younger, at which point she would be required to prove 'Parental Consent'. For a K-1 visa be sure to collect as much evidence of your relationship as possible. Call logs, copies of love letters, receipts for gifts or money transfers, and pictures of the two of you together (the less staged, the better). The more evidence of an ongoing relationship you can gather the easier the interview process will go for her. Good luck with your relationship and your Visa Journey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.