ben krahne

alot older

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

For the most part you should be fine. Just be aware she'll need, at her age in the Philippines, for her parents to have signed off on the requirement of 'Parental Advice'. It's not as strict as if she was a year younger, at which point she would be required to prove 'Parental Consent'. For a K-1 visa be sure to collect as much evidence of your relationship as possible. Call logs, copies of love letters, receipts for gifts or money transfers, and pictures of the two of you together (the less staged, the better). The more evidence of an ongoing relationship you can gather the easier the interview process will go for her. Good luck with your relationship and your Visa Journey!

I didn't know of the Parental Advise, I'm sure my lawyer does. Yes I've heard the phrase robbing the cradle , but in the Philpines or Thailand it's seems pretty normal to see younger women with older men

I'ts only back in the states where you get that mentality about the old dude and a young women. I'm aware that older men or considered a commonity to younger women there, all because of poverty.

Mostly all you read about are the horror stories of the young women that are only after the green card. After being westernized their long gone with a younger richer man, well see how it plays out in the next few months. thanks for the tips

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I didn't know of the Parental Advise, I'm sure my lawyer does. Yes I've heard the phrase robbing the cradle , but in the Philpines or Thailand it's seems pretty normal to see younger women with older men

I'ts only back in the states where you get that mentality about the old dude and a young women. I'm aware that older men or considered a commonity to younger women there, all because of poverty.

Mostly all you read about are the horror stories of the young women that are only after the green card. After being westernized their long gone with a younger richer man, well see how it plays out in the next few months. thanks for the tips

Your lawyer may not know about it because that is a requirement specific to the Philippines. But considering what you said about being aware of the potential for fraud, if I were you I'd make sure this gal is on the up and up. When you go to adjust someone's status which must be done after they enter the US on the K-1 and get married you will sign form I-864 which legally binds you to financially supporting your new wife for a long period of time - either until she becomes a U.S. citizen or after 40 qualifying quarters of work. Even if you get divorced, you're still on the hook. Something to consider.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I wasn't suggesting you were "robbing the cradle". I was making a little dig at the comment from Brother Hesekiel. :whistle:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Your lawyer may not know about it because that is a requirement specific to the Philippines. But considering what you said about being aware of the potential for fraud, if I were you I'd make sure this gal is on the up and up. When you go to adjust someone's status which must be done after they enter the US on the K-1 and get married you will sign form I-864 which legally binds you to financially supporting your new wife for a long period of time - either until she becomes a U.S. citizen or after 40 qualifying quarters of work. Even if you get divorced, you're still on the hook. Something to consider.

Well I would do a prenup, I've met few guys that didn't and regretted it. It's not genuine love it's a economical love, at 22 I'm sure she would rather marry a pinoy her own age , but most of them are as poor as her, or at least someone in their forties . To tell you the truth I don't think she will make it more then 2 years with me.

I did lose a 100k in a internet biz so I could move there, I thought shed would be long gone after that, but still stays saying "I don't care if your poor". Well I do ha ha ha.

Her family is draining. It's true you do take on the whole family. I bounce back and forth on bringing her here. thanks for the heads up on the support after shes here.

I wasn't suggesting you were "robbing the cradle". I was making a little dig at the comment from Brother Hesekiel. :whistle:

Ha Ha no problem its true I am. but who's robbing who really, I did try meeting older women , they all seem to grown up for me. Life !

We call each other retard not honey or bby. shes a pain in the ####.ha ha

Edited by ben krahne

• 2 months later...

Well I would do a prenup, I've met few guys that didn't and regretted it. It's not genuine love it's a economical love, at 22 I'm sure she would rather marry a pinoy her own age , but most of them are as poor as her, or at least someone in their forties . To tell you the truth I don't think she will make it more then 2 years with me.

I did lose a 100k in a internet biz so I could move there, I thought shed would be long gone after that, but still stays saying "I don't care if your poor". Well I do ha ha ha.

Her family is draining. It's true you do take on the whole family. I bounce back and forth on bringing her here. thanks for the heads up on the support after shes here.

Ha Ha no problem its true I am. but who's robbing who really, I did try meeting older women , they all seem to grown up for me. Life !

You took me by complete surprise

You were natural and warm

And needing love you touched my heart

With your beauty and your charm

Yes you were very special

You opened up a trusting door

Now I don't listen to sad songs anymore

V2

Your a young brown eyed Pina Queen

I'm a green eyed older man

And in Cebu of the Philippines

It felt real and so right

Now I'm' back in Dallas

Feeling loved but loving you more

Now I don't listen to sad songs anymore

v3

Six months crawled by much to slow

Then your visa was approved

God shined some light on us

Then you said I'll marry you

Now were very happy

There's a baby carried by a stork

Now I don't listen to sad songs

And you don't listen to sad songs

Yeah we don't listen to sad songs anymore

www.nashvillecalifornia.com

It's all about meeting the requirements..

"All my life, without a doubt i give you, all my life, now and forever till the day i die, you and i will share" By: America
                                                               == I am the beneficiary==
AOS - K1 & K2
03-04-2014 ( Day 01) - Mailed
03-06-2014 ( Day 02) - Received
03-17-2014 ( Day 13) - Text and E-mail Notification at 12:50 am
03-21-2014 ( Day 17) - Received I-797C NOA (AOS, AP & EAD) hard copies - 6 mails
03-24-2014 ( Day 20) - Received I-797C NOA (ASC Appointment Notice/ Biometrics schedule) - 2 mails
04-09-2014 ( Day 36) - Biometrics Schedule @ 10&11am
05-30-2014 ( Day 87) - Received EAD combo card (K2 only)
06-09-2014 ( Day 97) - I 485 ( both k1 & k2 ) - Card / Document Production (no interview)
06-12-2014 ( Day 100)- I 485 ( both k1 & k2 ) - Mailed the new card
06-14-2014 ( Day 102)- GC ( both K1 & k2) - Received

Done.

ROC - K1 & K2

03-17-2016 ( Day 01) - Mailed

03-22-2016 ( Day 05) - NOA1

04-19-2016 ( Day 27) - Biometrics Appt. ( only K1 admitted, no K2 Bio Appt. letter received)

03-13-2017 ( Day 328) - Received Biometrics Appt. letter for K2 ( yes, almost a year of waiting!) Scheduled for March 22, 2017

03-22-2017 ( Day 337) - Biometrics Appt. (K2)

04-19-2017 ( Day 364)- USCIS status changed from "Case Was Received" to "Name Updated" (Only the K1 case)

04-26-2017 ( Day 371)-  USCIS status changed from " Name Updated" to "New Card Is Being Produced" ( both K1 and K2 app)

05-01-2017 ( Day 376)-   USCIS status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" ( K2 case)

05-02-2017 ( Day 377)-   USCIS status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" ( K1 case)

05-04-2017 ( Day 379)-  Received GC in the mail ( K2)

05-05-2017 ( Day 380)-  Received GC in the mail ( K1)

Done.

Naturalization

03-10-2017 ( Day 01) - Mailed

03-21-2017 ( Day 11) - Received Text and Email Notification

03-25-2017 ( Day 15) - Received NOA hardcopy

03-27-2017 ( Day 17) - USCIS website status changed " Fingerprint Appointment Was Scheduled"

04-12-2017 ( Day 33) - Biometrics/ Fingerprints & stamped passports for another 1 yr extension.

05-15-2017 ( Day 66) - "In Line for Interview" updated website status

05-17-2017 ( Day 68) - " Interview Was Scheduled" updated website status

05-25-2017 ( Day 76) - Received  the interview letter

06-26-2017 ( Day 108) - Interview Schedule

08-03-2017 ( Day 147)- Received notification online "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello Im Ben, I'm sending in papers tomorrow for bringing my gf over

How much wieght do they consider if shes 37 years younger

I know what your thinking but we've been together for a year and a half

and I've been there 3 times to see her

I did read about a canada guy who was turned down same age as me by a year

he made news in august on the net, how I found about it

thanks, I'm american she's fillpina

Ben

1. There are no girlfriend visas.

2. DO NOT let your fiancee find out about your girlfriend

Age differences mean different things to different consulates. Historically it has not been an issue in PI when the man is considerably older than the woman.

The VISA is a tiny, insignificant part of the immigration process, and an even more insignificant part of life. I think someone 37 years older than a girl of legal age to get married understands that. How such age differences work out in LIFE is another matter to be considered. I also believe grown-ups can make their own decisions in such matters

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

1. There are no girlfriend visas.

2. DO NOT let your fiancee find out about your girlfriend

Age differences mean different things to different consulates. Historically it has not been an issue in PI when the man is considerably older than the woman.

The VISA is a tiny, insignificant part of the immigration process, and an even more insignificant part of life. I think someone 37 years older than a girl of legal age to get married understands that. How such age differences work out in LIFE is another matter to be considered. I also believe grown-ups can make their own decisions in such matters

I have no gf just Marquiza my wife to be

Edited by ben krahne

Timeline

I have no gf just Marquiza my wife to be

Your first post referred to a "girlfriend" DO NOT do that. Incorrect references to people in relationships have caused problems, that is why I point it out.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Do not be "sure" what your lawyer knows. WAY too many stories of lawyers not knowing things. Do not assume. At any rate, now you know.

In many cultures, the former Soviet Union for one, women seem to place a high regard on things of lasting value. They know pretty well that the good hair, flat stomach and muscle car are going to go away with age and family responsibilities (I have children, I do NOT have a fancy car...get it?)They want a quality man for the FAMILY and for a husband. Older men often represent more stability, especially in a society where alcoholism is so rampant in men that it causes a 20 year life expectancy difference between men and women and where drunkenness and physical abuse are commonplace...a young man is a "wild card" A 22 year old woman marrying a 24 year old man may end up with a drunk abuser by age 30. If she marries a 45 year old that doesn't drink she has a much better prospect of more years of a quiet and cozy life for herself and her CHILDREN. Rather than being "superficial" it seems quite practical and thoughtful about her and her children's future.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Just FYI, you cannot prenup around the immigration support requirements. By sponsoring her visa, you are agreeing to go beyond what she would be entitled to in a normal divorce. That's something you cannot contract away.

Edited by I & B

It's all good , were actually doing real well right now , more respect for each other deeper understanding , more to love then the fuzzy feelings , its a lot of work to make it work thru the storms , You stick it out or bail.

My wife, daughter, friend , charity , and muse.

Ben

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.