Amanda & Simo

Minor Information! Stressseeeedddd

79 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey, all! I was just wondering if anyone would think that it'd be difficult for me to file the K-1 and be accepted considering that I'm a minor. I'm 17 years old, but I have the consent of my mother. What I'm extremely worried about is the affidavit of support and the economical situation. I'm employed, so I have an income... I'm just wondering if there are any extra measurements I should take care of before I send in the petition. Thank you all for your time!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey, all! I was just wondering if anyone would think that it'd be difficult for me to file the K-1 and be accepted considering that I'm a minor. I'm 17 years old, but I have the consent of my mother. What I'm extremely worried about is the affidavit of support and the economical situation. I'm employed, so I have an income... I'm just wondering if there are any extra measurements I should take care of before I send in the petition. Thank you all for your time!

WHen will you be 18? Can you give some more details of your relationship? And I will answer you like I answer my 17 year old daughter....whats the rush and are you finished with school?

Edited by hamigirl710

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Timeline

I'm not in any rush. Right now I'm living in Spain with my fiancé and I'd like to move back to my home state to go to WashU. I have my residency here to be able to live with my father, but now that the year is almost over, I'd like the file the petition so I will be able to be back home to go to college.

***I will be 18 on January 31st

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

are you a u.s citizen.you need to be 18 to file a petition,did you read the guides for the k-1 1-129f,you need the proper finances. letter from your company.how much you make how long on the job,most recent paystubs most recent taxes.do your research first and wait.

Timeline

I'm not in any rush. Right now I'm living in Spain with my fiancé and I'd like to move back to my home state to go to WashU. I have my residency here to be able to live with my father, but now that the year is almost over, I'd like the file the petition so I will be able to be back home to go to college.

***I will be 18 on January 31st

OK well first of all Casablanca ia a very difficult consulate to navigate. They will look at your entire relationship and longevity is one thing they look at hard. How long have you lived together? Do you have joint assets? You are very young and how old is he?

event.png

event.png

Timeline

are you a u.s citizen.you need to be 18 to file a petition,did you read the guides for the k-1 1-129f,you need the proper finances. letter from your company.how much you make how long on the job,most recent paystubs most recent taxes.do your research first and wait.

Yes, I am a US citizen. I have my parents' consent and I haven't read anything about not being able to file the petition just because I'm 17. That's not my problem, I'm solely interested in whether or not my employment will be sufficient or if I can get a co-sponsor or anything of the sort.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Do you have ANY idea what you are getting yourself into? Casablanca is by FAR one of the most, if not THE most difficult consulates to get a visa from, let alone for a college girl who wants to bring her "fiance". You need to wait until you are 18 and do some SERIOUS research. You are setting yourself up for a denial. BIG TIME.

Timeline

OK well first of all Casablanca ia a very difficult consulate to navigate. They will look at your entire relationship and longevity is one thing they look at hard. How long have you lived together? Do you have joint assets? You are very young and how old is he?

Why Casablanca in particular? We met in February of 2012 and we've been living together for 6 months. He is 24 years old. No, we do not have joint assets... I wasn't aware that that was a requirement... Is it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Yes, I am a US citizen. I have my parents' consent and I haven't read anything about not being able to file the petition just because I'm 17. That's not my problem, I'm solely interested in whether or not my employment will be sufficient or if I can get a co-sponsor or anything of the sort.

You are young... very young.... you need to educate yourself fully on the process. Below are some links to help answer your questions in quotes.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/402790-k1-visa-denied-public-charge-pretty-outraged/

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Refer here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=640a3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=640a3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

On a personal note, make sure (for YOUR own sake) your boyfriend is not just after the green card. ;)

Edited by apple21

Timeline

Why Casablanca in particular? We met in February of 2012 and we've been living together for 6 months. He is 24 years old. No, we do not have joint assets... I wasn't aware that that was a requirement... Is it?

They are going to look at many things. Your young age and being underage (a minor child) with a Man who is 7+ years older than you is a huge red flag in my opinion. He is from Morocco so he will have to return to his home country to interview at the consulate. You will have to prove you have a steady job and can support him because Casablanca frowns on co sponsors for the fiancee visa a lot. It has been done but it is hard.

Here is my advise.....go to college and get your degree find a steady welll paying job and then file for him if he is still around. If he loves you he will wait for you....I know it is hard but yoou got to cover your bases and do it right!

event.png

event.png

Timeline

You are young... very young.... you need to educate yourself fully on the process. Below are some links to help answer your questions in quotes.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/402790-k1-visa-denied-public-charge-pretty-outraged/

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Thank you for the links. I am employed, so that won't be an issue.

Timeline

With all due respect, I don't appreciate the condescending tone. My fiancé is my fiancé, not my "fiancé"

Have a nice day.

Amanda first of all don't get upset by the advise you are given here. It is a public forum and you are going to get advise and opinions from many people. The ones you are getting angry with are the ones who have the knowledge and experience to help guide you. If you want to be successful and get your guy here when you are 18 then take notes and try not to be defensive. I hope you will have an open mind because I know you are going to get a lot of opinions because that is the way this forum works. The advise she gave you is right on the money!! Study the process and understand it is long and hard. I know it is frustrating but that is just how it is!

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.