Amanda & Simo

Minor Information! Stressseeeedddd

79 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Amanda first of all don't get upset by the advise you are given here. It is a public forum and you are going to get advise and opinions from many people. The ones you are getting angry with are the ones who have the knowledge and experience to help guide you. If you want to be successful and get your guy here when you are 18 then take notes and try not to be defensive. I hope you will have an open mind because I know you are going to get a lot of opinions because that is the way this forum works. The advise she gave you is right on the money!! Study the process and understand it is long and hard. I know it is frustrating but that is just how it is!

I'm not at all angry. I'm looking for an answer, not opinions. I've already studied the entire process and am aware that it will be a long journey. I'm as ready as can be. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you for the links. I am employed, so that won't be an issue.

Are you employed in Spain or the US? You will have to show that you are earning more than 18,912 a year

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Timeline

Are you employed in Spain or the US? You will have to show that you are earning more than 18,912 a year

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

I've been working with my father and now I'm working with my mother in our restaurant in Spain. I also have financial support from both of my parents. What would I need to bring to the interview to prove the 18,000?

Timeline

I've been working with my father and now I'm working with my mother in our restaurant in Spain. I also have financial support from both of my parents. What would I need to bring to the interview to prove the 18,000?

First steps first....do you have a residence in the USA? you will file from the USA the I129f petition...they will process it in 5 to 8 months and then he will be given an interview appointment in Casablanca. May I ask if he is in Spain legally on a visa? When he goes to this interview he will have to have the income documentation at that time. There are financial form they ask you to fill out and provide along with your proof. Honestly the fiance visa is very hard to obtain in Casablanca if you are that serious about eachother get married in Spain and file the I130. EIther way you are rolling the dice because they have a high denial rate in Casablanca.

event.png

event.png

Timeline

First steps first....do you have a residence in the USA? you will file from the USA the I129f petition...they will process it in 5 to 8 months and then he will be given an interview appointment in Casablanca. May I ask if he is in Spain legally on a visa? When he goes to this interview he will have to have the income documentation at that time. There are financial form they ask you to fill out and provide along with your proof. Honestly the fiance visa is very hard to obtain in Casablanca if you are that serious about eachother get married in Spain and file the I130. EIther way you are rolling the dice because they have a high denial rate in Casablanca.

Yes, I do have a residence there. We're together right now... He's sitting right beside me :P We're both in Spain legally, he's on a student visa. May I ask where you get all of this information about Casablanca? Because I would like to read about it more. Thank you very much for your time and I'm sorry to bother!!

Timeline

Yes, I do have a residence there. We're together right now... He's sitting right beside me :P We're both in Spain legally, he's on a student visa. May I ask where you get all of this information about Casablanca? Because I would like to read about it more. Thank you very much for your time and I'm sorry to bother!!

I have spent the last 5 years of reading and talking to people who have been through the process. A plus for him is that he is on a student visa and shows that he can travel and return like he is supossed to. Go on the Morocco portal and read the consulate reviews there. I have many many friends I have met over the past 5 years and watched their process.

I am not trying to discourage you but I want you to make sure you realize how difficult Casablanca is. There is a lot of greencard fraud in Mena countries and they are very strict on who they give the Visa to.

You are not a bother and I don't know it all but I am willing to answer what I can and if I don't know I can see who does :)

Edited by hamigirl710

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yes, I am a US citizen. I have my parents' consent and I haven't read anything about not being able to file the petition just because I'm 17. That's not my problem, I'm solely interested in whether or not my employment will be sufficient or if I can get a co-sponsor or anything of the sort.

Not trying to be judgemntal in any way but, It is because you are 17 that you are not yet qualified to file:

An adult is a person who has attained the age of majority. The age of majority is the legally defined age at which a person is considered an adult, with all the attendant rights and responsibilities of adulthood. The age of majority is defined by state laws, which vary by state, but is 18 in most states. Rights acquired upon reaching the age of majority include the rights to vote and consent to marriage, among others.

It is the age at which one becomes a legal adult and gains full legal rights. It is also the age at which a person is liable for their own actions, such as contractual obligations (MARRIAGE) or liability for negligence. In general, a parental duty of support to a child ceases when the child reaches the age of majority.

so, any responses here will not do you any good, in a practical way. If you decide to file a K-1, you will need to prove that you meet 100% of the poverty line established by USCIS, if you don't, you can have a joint sponsor that meets the criteria. Read form I-134 instructions on the USCIS website.

Good Luck!

Timeline

Not trying to be judgemntal in any way but, It is because you are 17 that you are not yet qualified to file:

An adult is a person who has attained the age of majority. The age of majority is the legally defined age at which a person is considered an adult, with all the attendant rights and responsibilities of adulthood. The age of majority is defined by state laws, which vary by state, but is 18 in most states. Rights acquired upon reaching the age of majority include the rights to vote and consent to marriage, among others.

It is the age at which one becomes a legal adult and gains full legal rights. It is also the age at which a person is liable for their own actions, such as contractual obligations (MARRIAGE) or liability for negligence. In general, a parental duty of support to a child ceases when the child reaches the age of majority.

so, any responses here will not do you any good, in a practical way. If you decide to file a K-1, you will need to prove that you meet 100% of the poverty line established by USCIS, if you don't, you can have a joint sponsor that meets the criteria. Read form I-134 instructions on the USCIS website.

Good Luck!

I've searched everywhere more than a dozen times, and NOTHING says that I cannot file because I'm 17. Just as in the US, I am fully able to marry at the age of 17, even more so with the consent of my parents. Thank you for your time... I appreciate it! Good luck to you as well, if needed :)

Timeline

I have spent the last 5 years of reading and talking to people who have been through the process. A plus for him is that he is on a student visa and shows that he can travel and return like he is supossed to. Go on the Morocco portal and read the consulate reviews there. I have many many friends I have met over the past 5 years and watched their process.

I am not trying to discourage you but I want you to make sure you realize how difficult Casablanca is. There is a lot of greencard fraud in Mena countries and they are very strict on who they give the Visa to.

You are not a bother and I don't know it all but I am willing to answer what I can and if I don't know I can see who does :)

I just found a thread about the denials and everyone's situations... Thank you very much! Good luck to you, though... I hope you and your husband get approved quickly!

Timeline

I just read the requirements and it says you got to show proof of parental consent if needed. But to be safe wait till Feb 1 St and file......

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I just read the requirements and it says you got to show proof of parental consent if needed. But to be safe wait till Feb 1 St and file......

I don't think a few months will make a huge difference, but it might be an option. I just don't want to wait any longer. Even with all the information about Casablanca, I will try to keep my optimism and hope you will, too!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Amanda if he truly loves U hon he can wait.... come on home go to college live a normal teen life, have fun , seee the world & educate yourself, I dont mean this in a bad way ; U R young with youth in your favor and a whole life ahead of U, dont get bogged down too early,when kids come along U will be easily frustrated, and

am telling U as I would a family member ( I only got sons) I would not even allow my 19 yr old son to marry

I encouraged him to wait, after 2 yrs in college she was yesterdays news, If its true love he will wait until U R at least 20, if its for a GC he wont, ...listen when there's no money or happiness LOVES jumps thru the window....4get this nonsense USCIS wont approved this from a mena country especially.... Come on missy do

not cop an attitude.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I've searched everywhere more than a dozen times, and NOTHING says that I cannot file because I'm 17. Just as in the US, I am fully able to marry at the age of 17, even more so with the consent of my parents. Thank you for your time... I appreciate it! Good luck to you as well, if needed :)

I am not questioning the fact that you can marry at 17, of course you can!, my mother married at 16! the problem, for the federal government will be your ability to be held liable if your I-134 had to be enforced since, you will be signing it while a minor. If you would have to file a form I-864, that is binding and contractual, I do now you can not enter that kind of contractual obligation if you are not 18. Anyway, you can file at any age but, you risk denial. Be patient and wait a few months, meantime, keep asking questions and reading, there is a lot of very knowledgeable people here, willing to help you. Don't stress out

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Do you have ANY idea what you are getting yourself into? Casablanca is by FAR one of the most, if not THE most difficult consulates to get a visa from, let alone for a college girl who wants to bring her "fiance". You need to wait until you are 18 and do some SERIOUS research. You are setting yourself up for a denial. BIG TIME.

:thumbs:

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

My point of view for your case:

Every case is different. Every relationship is different. Every process is analyze differently.

If you want this to work, perhaps, you can do a consultation with a lawyer first to know what are your options and steps. I am not saying you should file with a lawyer. I am saying go for a consultation only. This will help you have the legal aspects of your case.

My point of view of your relationship:

Perhaps,you won't care about what people say and that's good. However, not everything that people say it's wrong. When you start a relationship it's just so much more than love. Love it's just that drive that helps you keep on, but love needs commitment, patience, respect, understanding. Love needs time to grow, develop, mature. It takes time. Love understands age difference and limits and based on that it creates an action plan to reach goals. If you feel your relationship covers these aspects then feel confident.

Remember life has a lot of crazy turns but you need to know how to handle them. Sometimes we are the ones who create those turns.

11/17/2011- Sent AOS packet
12/15/2011- Received AOS packet
01/03/2012- Received NOA 1
02/07/2012- Biometrics
03/17/2012- Transfer to Missouri
04/25/2012- Transfer to Vermont
10/23/2012- Transfer to CSC
12/01/2012- AOS interview
12/03/2012- AOS approved- email notice
12/07/2012- Received Conditional GC-2014

09/04/2014- Sent I-751
09/09/2014- NOA1
09/13/2014- NOA2 for Biometrics
10/01/2014- Biometrics app
01/05/2015- ROC approval/card production
01/08/2015- Received letter in the mail of approval
01/09/2015- GC sent by 3-Day Priority Mail
01/10/2015- Received renewed card in the mail

09/04/2015- Eligible to apply for N-400 based on 3 year rule
#/#/##- N-400 sent
#/#/##- N-400 delivered
#/#/##- NOA1 received
#/#/##- Biometrics
#/#/##- Interview
#/#/##- Oath letter
#/#/##- Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.