arise

had applied previousely with a diff date of birth

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

i see yesterday a women from nijeria she was posting same thing

i think this will help u

go to nijeria posts and read it

Oh yess, it was actually after I read her post that I was move to come out/ register and post,cos I felt 've leave this under d carpet for so long, I really appreciate all the contribution tonight.thank u so much

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There may be some questions as to how and why the first passport was off by 11 years. Some people "pay" to have the wrong information placed on a document in an attempt to gain some benefit. Not saying that happened here but a question that arises is how was the wrong date there originally and why was a visa applied for if the person knew the passport was incorrect?

I did remember clearly , the passport came in a day to my applying, it's not like the one we do now that u can clearly correct if they make a mistake on d spot, my fault was going ahead then to apply.that's a fault I won't run away from.thanks

Filed: Timeline

You see, this are some of those things that complicates visa approvals out of lagos... A delibrate misrepresentation of material facts about your age is so bad... Before posting your question, did you ever fill the visa application form whereby you're required to write your date of birth in the forms? Did you ever realize that you're putting a different date of birth in those forms when you submitted them at the consulate for your visa? You just sounded as if it was just the passport that had the different birth date... Much as visajourney family are willing to help you pls try to help them by posting adequately the issues you want to address... Having said all that I fear the best way out of this delinma seek a legal advice since nobody here can resolve issue due to the fact that your previous visa application forms and passport had a different set of info regarding your birth other than what you are claiming now-complicated! Isn't it? But there will be a way out I believe... But no one can assure wether you'll be allowed to apply for a waiver or not? This is certainly in CO's discretion... Best of luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

Well, to be factual many of my African brothers for some reasons have different date of birth and different names and knowingly they use this names and dates of birth on official documents at a certain point in their life and now it is catching up with them.

If you have a document that proved that the error was not from you the embassy can overlook it.

I have friends in Africa with different date of birth but they have an affidavit from the court testifying the change in the date of birth or names...I suggest you go to court and have an affidavit renouncing your old date of birth and aknowledge the new one. It is on you to convince the embassy that you didn't try to circumvent immigration in any way

May God Bless Us All In This New World.We All Have Come From Afar And We Need The Lord's Guidance For Success.

NB:I am not an Immigration Attorney, All i say here is based on my personal experiences through K-1 visa process and CR1/IR1 visa process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The whole naming convention in Nigeria is a bit confusing. But I have seen Nigerians with many passports thinking that they will pull the wool over peoples eyes. If the OP can show that he submitted the correct data on his application and that the passport was recieved too late for you to correct you may be able to give satisfactory explantation for the embassy. If your whole application was filled with the wrong date because you were playing a game about trying to be someone you are not then the game is about to be played back and you will be the loser. If it easy to see how a 67 becomes a 69 in a new document but your mistake is rather large. ( although if not using a keypad and using the top row missing your home you need only shift one key over to do the mistake in question) Did you make a copy of your original passport or visa application from back then ? Do you still have them ?

Edited by NigeriaorBust

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Was the tourist visa denied due to lack of ties to home country or because of the wrong date? Either way, you have to address it for your own sake. But there is a difference in being denied because of lack of ties to home country or being denied due to the wrong DOB. Especially when you wish to immigrate to the US and have to deal with the embassy.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Well, to be factual many of my African brothers for some reasons have different date of birth and different names and knowingly they use this names and dates of birth on official documents at a certain point in their life and now it is catching up with them.

If you have a document that proved that the error was not from you the embassy can overlook it.

I have friends in Africa with different date of birth but they have an affidavit from the court testifying the change in the date of birth or names...I suggest you go to court and have an affidavit renouncing your old date of birth and aknowledge the new one. It is on you to convince the embassy that you didn't try to circumvent immigration in any way

I agree with this poster. Get it corrected. However the misrepresentation has already been committed and there is no excuse that it could not have been corrected before you misrepresented yourself. It is not a matter of not making it to the interview in time with a corrected passport, you filled the forms out incorrectly before you ever went to the interview.

They won't buy any excuse of the reasons why you didn't correct it and filled out the application forms with wrong information to match your passport.

I am quiet certain that you will be denied and if given the waiver ( up to the CO ) you will have a long and hard road ahead trying to get it approved. Not all waivers get approved. A waiver is not just a matter of merely filling out another form you send off but it is very time consuming and complex to proof hardship in a 10-20 page written hardship letter which must be send in the waiver package.

You need to consult an attorney who is experienced in misrep waivers, at least per phone consultation before your petitioner files for you. Something your petitioner deems a hardship is not something the embassy would deem a hardship.

You have a very small chance that with the expert guidance of a very good attorney (again and I can't stress this enough, an

EXPERIENCED waiver attorney not any Ton, ####### and Harry) to perhaps overcome this without a waiver but not likely.

Brace yourself for AP (additional processing) which can last months to over a year after your interview.

This is an all too often occurrence with age/name "issues" and nothing new to the embassy.

I am not trying to discourage you but am giving you the hard cold facts of what is ahead of you so you can appropriately deal with it.

CR1 visas would have more pull than K1's with waivers but it is definitely not the magic pill. Front load the petition with attorney guidance as to the intrinsic issues that make up your situation.

Best wishes ~

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

immigrate2us.net is a web site that deals with misrepresentation on a broader scale and you should register there and research the misrep 601 waiver forum and ask your questions there.

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

MMMM .. example yr 60 then overlook 80 is plausible.

but a total different thing :rolleyes: , did OP put that date on previous app.

if you did then its not looking good, or did you tell us the gospel truth?,

they gonna know @ uscis ;if this new date is wrong I'd suggest you get it

changed B4 interview and remember it has to match BC

Timeline
http://darrensilver.com/articles/fraud_waivers.pdf Article about Misrepresentation in different situations.
Spoiler

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Because if you KNOW it was wrong and listed it anyway, it can be considered miss-representation, especially if it makes you elligible for a visa (such as child or adult son of a USC), or more likely to be considered for a visa.

:thumbs:

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I agree with this poster. Get it corrected. However the misrepresentation has already been committed and there is no excuse that it could not have been corrected before you misrepresented yourself. It is not a matter of not making it to the interview in time with a corrected passport, you filled the forms out incorrectly before you ever went to the interview.

They won't buy any excuse of the reasons why you didn't correct it and filled out the application forms with wrong information to match your passport.

I am quiet certain that you will be denied and if given the waiver ( up to the CO ) you will have a long and hard road ahead trying to get it approved. Not all waivers get approved. A waiver is not just a matter of merely filling out another form you send off but it is very time consuming and complex to proof hardship in a 10-20 page written hardship letter which must be send in the waiver package.

You need to consult an attorney who is experienced in misrep waivers, at least per phone consultation before your petitioner files for you. Something your petitioner deems a hardship is not something the embassy would deem a hardship.

You have a very small chance that with the expert guidance of a very good attorney (again and I can't stress this enough, an

EXPERIENCED waiver attorney not any Ton, ####### and Harry) to perhaps overcome this without a waiver but not likely.

Brace yourself for AP (additional processing) which can last months to over a year after your interview.

This is an all too often occurrence with age/name "issues" and nothing new to the embassy.

I am not trying to discourage you but am giving you the hard cold facts of what is ahead of you so you can appropriately deal with it.

CR1 visas would have more pull than K1's with waivers but it is definitely not the magic pill. Front load the petition with attorney guidance as to the intrinsic issues that make up your situation.

Best wishes ~

AP= Administrative Processing-not additional. I think by going as far as to say this will most likely happen is stretch. AP is because the CO feels it is necessary yo complete more thorough background checks, usually for men from MENA countries, sometimes done at the embassy level, sometimes done in Washington DC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.