arise

had applied previousely with a diff date of birth

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello all, my first time here,but 've really been blessed with the information have garthered so far

I had applyed for a vistting visa in 2003 at the american embessy lagos! But was denied.the date of birth was diff from what I have now in my passport and my me amd my fiance are about to begin our K1 process.pls I would appreciate every contribution.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello all, my first time here,but 've really been blessed with the information have garthered so far

I had applyed for a vistting visa in 2003 at the american embessy lagos! But was denied.the date of birth was diff from what I have now in my passport and my me amd my fiance are about to begin our K1 process.pls I would appreciate every contribution.

What do you mean by "the date of birth was diff from what I have now in my passport" Different from what? From your birth certificate? If so, was this a mistake done by your government when they issued your passport? Did you get it corrected?

Edited by Celeste & C

Timeline

What do you mean by "the date of birth was diff from what I have now in my passport" Different from what? From your birth certificate? If so, was this a mistake done by your government when they issued your passport? Did you get it corrected?

When I applied in 2003 ,my passport read 11th sept,1965, it was an error , but I corrected it in my new passport to 11th sapt ,1976. Since my information will still on embassy datebase,will this in anyway affect my K1 applicatin?? Any contribution will be appreciated

Pls bear with my typing,it's my first time here

Timeline

When I applied in 2003 ,my passport read 11th sept,1965, it was an error , but I corrected it in my new passport to 11th sapt ,1976. Since my information will still on embassy datebase,will this in anyway affect my K1 applicatin?? Any contribution will be appreciated

***EDIT: See the other posts for more accurate replies.

Edited by Celeste & C

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I would definately document that and write a letter to explain when you submit your petition. You need the corrected information. And also I would include a notorized attestament from Mom and Dad of your birth. Do not leave anything undone this is Lagos and 65 corrected to 76 is a big big error.

But explain and explain again and show proof.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You may be denied for a misrespresentation as the other couple was. If this happened you should be eligible for a waiver, although they are harder to get with a fiance visa as they aren't truely family yet. It may be nothings, Lagos is very hard to predict. If your passport was wrong by so much why did you not correct it before presenting it to the embassy ? If the one time the only time you used that passport ? Have you ever used a different passport ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Someone was denied for misinterpretation for a wrong date of birth on a passport? wow.gif How is the individual at fault for that?

Timeline

I would definately document that and write a letter to explain when you submit your petition. You need the corrected information. And also I would include a notorized attestament from Mom and Dad of your birth. Do not leave anything undone this is Lagos and 65 corrected to 76 is a big big error.

But explain and explain again and show proof.

Thank you so much all, this has really been given me concern . So I felt it's best I take as much councel as possible on this.I have never did use the passport.it was jus a fault I wish I could have corerectted before applying way back then.

Timeline

All sorts of ridiculousness occurs at that particular Embassy.

I knew they were tough and picky, but I honestly did not expect anything like this.

Can anyone link me to the other case? I'd like to read about it and it might help the OP

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

There may be some questions as to how and why the first passport was off by 11 years. Some people "pay" to have the wrong information placed on a document in an attempt to gain some benefit. Not saying that happened here but a question that arises is how was the wrong date there originally and why was a visa applied for if the person knew the passport was incorrect?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Someone was denied for misinterpretation for a wrong date of birth on a passport? wow.gif How is the individual at fault for that?

Because if you KNOW it was wrong and listed it anyway, it can be considered miss-representation, especially if it makes you elligible for a visa (such as child or adult son of a USC), or more likely to be considered for a visa.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Because if you KNOW it was wrong and listed it anyway, it can be considered miss-representation, especially if it makes you elligible for a visa (such as child or adult son of a USC), or more likely to be considered for a visa.

I suppose I was too naive. I didn't think they actually knew, I assumed it was a mistake a and they found out at the time they were denied.

I get it. good.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.