one...two...tree

Watch: Mitt Romney Proposes Gutting FEMA and Leaving Disaster Relief to States

121 posts in this topic

If I was told to bring stuff to donate and that I could meet with the possible future president I'd be waiting for him to get there.. I'd show up early to wait in line, give my wife a camera and ask her to snap a photo with me and Mr. Pancake.

Were the people prevented from donating or just waiting around for the celebrity to show up? That's what I would do.... I would say the same thing if these were photos of Obama.

I also agree donating material items is mostly pointless..

I think both candidates are in a lose-lose with the storm. Anything either of them do will either look like they don't care or are playing politics.

Yeah really when Obama holds a fundraiser do you think they have it without him. Libtards seize on the stupidest non-issue related stuff to focus on. I guess talking about what time they started taking donations is more,, ahem cough cough --convenient than talking about the national debt, the unemployment rate, the lackluster GDp, Benghazi cover up, the billions of unaccounted for TARP dollars, etc etc etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

How much did Romney give to charity last year and how much did Biden and Obama give combined. ?? Get back with me on that will ya ?

You must first subtract from Rmoney's tax deductible contributions total all that he paid to his mormon religion! What is left after that might begin to reflect 'charitable' giving but I would not call his mormon payments that!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sorry for your boredom but the Etch-a-Sketch thing is going to stick both because it originated with Romney's own people and because it fits so well! Flip-flopping implies two different positions whereas the Etch-a-Sketch more accurately depicts Rmoney's ability to take every possible position on an issue whenever it suits him and to do it so effortlessly!

Basically Rmoney is a 1%er who will say or do anything to get the power of the presidency. Any reasonably intelligent person knows exactly what his real positions are. And they have nothing to do with what will benefit the average wage-earner!

Yeah no problem.. I just wanted you to know it sounded stupid. I didn't think it would stop you.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

A country of people who don't give a sh*t about anyone other than themselves. When THEY get screwed, then they want help.

I could not agree with you more. The sad truth is that too many people living in the USA only care about themselves. People who get so wrapped up in making sure they keep every penny they earn and that not a nickel of tax dollars is spent on anyone other than themselves. They will no doubt be first in line asking for a FEMA assistance when their property is the one damaged.

But in Mitt's world-view, if you have loads of money the federal government SHOULD come riding to your rescue. Like they did years ago for Mitt's ancestors when they had a sudden need to get out of Mexico! Or for the big oil companies that he wants to continue giving federal assistance to!

That is because in Romney logic corporations are people too! :rolleyes:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You must first subtract from Rmoney's tax deductible contributions total all that he paid to his mormon religion! What is left after that might begin to reflect 'charitable' giving but I would not call his mormon payments that!

Hence the problem with recognizing all religions rather than recognizing NONE. All, again, a problem of income tax. You have an income tax so charities want contributions to be exempt from tax and government grants exemptions ....yada yada yada.

Eliminate income tax and there are no deductions for any charity because there is no income tax! No one knows how much he made or gave to charity to avoid paying tax. And he pays the same percent of tax as anyone else instead of a smaller percentage than I do!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

It just keeps getting better. Romney's campaign caught using a 'disaster relief drive' for a photo op: whistling.gif

So here's what things looked like at the donation table at Mitt Romney's "storm relief" eventbefore he arrived:

romneyrelieftable2.jpg?1351613942

And here's things nearly an hour later when Mitt Romney finally arrived:

mittromney.jpg?1351614963

At least he didn't wash clean dishes. I guess.

Not that there was ever any question about it, but those two images tell you everything you need to know in order to figure out that Romney's event today wasn't about helping hurricane victims: it was about making him look good. There was no practical reason to make people wait 40 minutes to donate their goods other than to create a photo-op of Mitt Romney collecting relief supplies.It makes for a nice visual unless you realize that it was entirely staged to support Mitt Romney's personal political ambitions. And in case you have any remaining doubts, keep in mind that the Red Cross doesn't even want the stuff that Romney was urging people to donate:

Red Cross tells us grateful for Romney donation but prefer people send money or donate blood dont collect goods NOT best way to help @mitchellreports via web

You know.... There is *one* person in this thread that has been spinning the Hurricane for his/her benefit since the start of the thread... Not saying who...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

521848_104502389712501_993229943_n.jpg

The part of downtown Peabody which constantly floods has a large poor immigrant population. Not Romney's kind of people. He wasn't gonna waste money on helping them.

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

Filed: Timeline

The part of downtown Peabody which constantly floods has a large poor immigrant population. Not Romney's kind of people. He wasn't gonna waste money on helping them.

Sounds like a sound business decision.

Timeline

So..this is hurricane spin #3 for this thread? Really good!

My town has a piece of land that flooded several times.. We stopped building on it.. It may have flooded again.. Not sure because NOBODY CARES.

So Peabody flooded in 1996, 1998, 2001, and 2004, and 2006, and apparently many times before that and I didn't check after that... FEMA also rejected a project to shore up Peabody, and when Romney proposed 2 million for Peabody in 2005 it was removed by the state legislature.

.. anyway hopefully we can get that graphic modified?

Edited by OnMyWayID

So..this is hurricane spin #3 for this thread? Really good!

My town has a piece of land that flooded several times.. We stopped building on it.. It may have flooded again.. Not sure because NOBODY CARES.

So Peabody flooded in 1996, 1998, 2001, and 2004, and 2006, and apparently many times before that and I didn't check after that... FEMA also rejected a project to shore up Peabody, and when Romney proposed 2 million for Peabody in 2005 it was removed by the state legislature.

.. anyway hopefully we can get that graphic modified?

:thumbs:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

521848_104502389712501_993229943_n.jpg

Here we go.. Just as accurate - actually even more so as it is more timely.. I did take some liberties with the font (sorry I am a sucker for some flair)

flood-1.jpg

Spin is fun!