one...two...tree

Watch: Mitt Romney Proposes Gutting FEMA and Leaving Disaster Relief to States

121 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

FEMA bought trailers for Katrina victims. Spent many many Millions

New Orleans residents sued them claiming they made people sick NOLA class action suit awarded the people 37 MIL.

FEMA unloaded the trailers at a huge loss on the private market. Put Trailer dealers out of business all over the Eastern US

Aint this a great country.

We need more FEMA. Heck double it size

More liberal Stupidity.

You are calling Bush a liberal? :unsure:

Timeline

A give a sh*T about people that try to help themselves. Ever read the story of the little red hen. If I cut back and save, maybe can't have that nice vacation because I save for the future and pay for my insurance, and you party and don't. That is your problem.

Good example. I have a couple working at my company. They had a really nice home, 2 top end cars, took a vacation to Italy, but they did not get the company health insurance because it was too expensive.. She came down with a female problem and had to have expensive surgery and shortly after that he had a heart attack. He had to have stints etc etc. Thier total bills were over 100,000. The Hospital wrote them off or most of it.

Now tell me, why they should not have had to sell the nice cars, have the house taken, etc etc. They could go live in a trailer for a few years until they paid the bill. I would not feel one ounce of remorse.

You have figured out the reason for the mandate in Obamacare! Congratulations!!! :rofl:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Rmoney will say anything...until he's cornered and then he bottles up. You're doing a heckuva job, Mr. Etch-a-sketch.

Romney Refuses To Talk About His FEMA Plans

Mitt Romney refused to answer reporters' questions about how he would handle the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), after a Tuesday "storm relief" event in Ohio for Hurricane Sandy.

From the Romney pool report:

TV pool asked Romney at least five times whether he would eliminate FEMA as president/what he would do with FEMA. He ignored the qs but they are audible on cam. The music stopped at points and the qs would have been audible to him.

A follow-up report noted the specific questions Romney ignored, as he was collecting hurricane supplies following his event:

"Gov are you going to eliminate FEMA?" a print pooler shouted, receiving no response.Wires reporters asked more questions about FEMA that were ignored.

Romney kept coming over near pool to pick up more water. He ignored these questions:

"Gov are you going to see some storm damage?"

"Gov has [New Jersey Gov.] Chris Christie invited you to come survey storm damage?"

"Gov you've been asked 14 times, why are you refusing to answer the question?"

Edited by Commie Appeaser

Timeline

Rmoney will say anything...until he's cornered and then he bottles up. You're doing a heckuva job, Mr. Etch-a-sketch.

Romney Refuses To Talk About His FEMA Plans

Mitt Romney refused to answer reporters' questions about how he would handle the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), after a Tuesday "storm relief" event in Ohio for Hurricane Sandy.

From the Romney pool report:

TV pool asked Romney at least five times whether he would eliminate FEMA as president/what he would do with FEMA. He ignored the qs but they are audible on cam. The music stopped at points and the qs would have been audible to him.

A follow-up report noted the specific questions Romney ignored, as he was collecting hurricane supplies following his event:

"Gov are you going to eliminate FEMA?" a print pooler shouted, receiving no response.Wires reporters asked more questions about FEMA that were ignored.

Romney kept coming over near pool to pick up more water. He ignored these questions:

"Gov are you going to see some storm damage?"

"Gov has [New Jersey Gov.] Chris Christie invited you to come survey storm damage?"

"Gov you've been asked 14 times, why are you refusing to answer the question?"

Maybe his Etch-a-Sketch is getting worn out!

You are calling Bush a liberal? :unsure:

Let's see. Bush spent like a drunken Sailor. Added a unaffordable program to Medicare. Pushed for people to own homes that could not afford them and started two wars. That is very Democrat of him actually, so yes Bush was a liberal or acted like one, at least by my yardstick.

Filed: Timeline
Let's see. Bush spent like a drunken Sailor. Added a unaffordable program to Medicare. Pushed for people to own homes that could not afford them and started two wars. That is very Democrat of him actually, so yes Bush was a liberal or acted like one, at least by my yardstick.

It was a fully Republican controlled Congress and a Republican President that brought all this stuff to you. It's not Democrat - it's what Republicans do when they're at the controls.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Romney will say anything...until he's cornered and then he bottles up. You're doing a heckuva job, Mr. Etch-a-sketch.

I am already bored with the Etch-a-sketch reference, it's not funny or clever enough as a repeater.. Lets at least be original.. My wife calls Romney Mr. Pancake - she couldn't tell me why she called him that when I asked her since she didn't know what pancake meant in English. I think it is a flip-flop reference. Her mom called last night and wanted to know if we were able to get away from the storm.. I tried to explain to her that Bogota was possibly closer to the storm than we were but she was not having it..

Anyway.. whatever we call the federal agency in charge.. if an area is hit with a natural disaster we have to have something in place to help the people in the immediate aftermath. I think everyone knows this and I would hope we can at least admit that no matter who is in charge they would not say "screw it, let them drown" even if they were stupid and did not leave or chose to build a home where they were told they should not, etc, etc..

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

It just keeps getting better. Romney's campaign caught using a 'disaster relief drive' for a photo op: whistling.gif

So here's what things looked like at the donation table at Mitt Romney's "storm relief" eventbefore he arrived:

romneyrelieftable2.jpg?1351613942

And here's things nearly an hour later when Mitt Romney finally arrived:

mittromney.jpg?1351614963

At least he didn't wash clean dishes. I guess.

Not that there was ever any question about it, but those two images tell you everything you need to know in order to figure out that Romney's event today wasn't about helping hurricane victims: it was about making him look good. There was no practical reason to make people wait 40 minutes to donate their goods other than to create a photo-op of Mitt Romney collecting relief supplies.It makes for a nice visual unless you realize that it was entirely staged to support Mitt Romney's personal political ambitions. And in case you have any remaining doubts, keep in mind that the Red Cross doesn't even want the stuff that Romney was urging people to donate:

Red Cross tells us grateful for Romney donation but prefer people send money or donate blood dont collect goods NOT best way to help @mitchellreports via web

http://www.dailykos....it-doesn-t-want

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

If I was told to bring stuff to donate and that I could meet with the possible future president I'd be waiting for him to get there.. I'd show up early to wait in line, give my wife a camera and ask her to snap a photo with me and Mr. Pancake.

Were the people prevented from donating or just waiting around for the celebrity to show up? That's what I would do.... I would say the same thing if these were photos of Obama.

I also agree donating material items is mostly pointless..

I think both candidates are in a lose-lose with the storm. Anything either of them do will either look like they don't care or are playing politics.

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Timeline

I am already bored with the Etch-a-sketch reference, it's not funny or clever enough as a repeater.. Lets at least be original.. My wife calls Romney Mr. Pancake - she couldn't tell me why she called him that when I asked her since she didn't know what pancake meant in English. I think it is a flip-flop reference.

Sorry for your boredom but the Etch-a-Sketch thing is going to stick both because it originated with Romney's own people and because it fits so well! Flip-flopping implies two different positions whereas the Etch-a-Sketch more accurately depicts Rmoney's ability to take every possible position on an issue whenever it suits him and to do it so effortlessly!

Basically Rmoney is a 1%er who will say or do anything to get the power of the presidency. Any reasonably intelligent person knows exactly what his real positions are. And they have nothing to do with what will benefit the average wage-earner!

He loves Obamacare and doesn't even know it. :lol:

You don't need a mandate. You need to hold people accountable. This guy still lives in 200,000 dollar home (That;s a nice home here in GA) and has BMW. Seize all his assets

It just keeps getting better. Romney's campaign caught using a 'disaster relief drive' for a photo op: whistling.gif

So here's what things looked like at the donation table at Mitt Romney's "storm relief" eventbefore he arrived:

romneyrelieftable2.jpg?1351613942

And here's things nearly an hour later when Mitt Romney finally arrived:

mittromney.jpg?1351614963

At least he didn't wash clean dishes. I guess.

Not that there was ever any question about it, but those two images tell you everything you need to know in order to figure out that Romney's event today wasn't about helping hurricane victims: it was about making him look good. There was no practical reason to make people wait 40 minutes to donate their goods other than to create a photo-op of Mitt Romney collecting relief supplies.It makes for a nice visual unless you realize that it was entirely staged to support Mitt Romney's personal political ambitions. And in case you have any remaining doubts, keep in mind that the Red Cross doesn't even want the stuff that Romney was urging people to donate:

Red Cross tells us grateful for Romney donation but prefer people send money or donate blood dont collect goods NOT best way to help @mitchellreports via web

http://www.dailykos....it-doesn-t-want

How much did Romney give to charity last year and how much did Biden and Obama give combined. ?? Get back with me on that will ya ?