one...two...tree

Watch: Mitt Romney Proposes Gutting FEMA and Leaving Disaster Relief to States

121 posts in this topic

I'm sure anyone who is going to be impacted by Sandy is at least grateful this guy isn't in charge ... yet :blink:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

FEMA should be gutted.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

FEMA should be gutted.

The FEMA flood insurance should go immediately. why should we subside rich people building homes at the beach. If you can't afford a private policy then don't build there.

Timeline

The FEMA flood insurance should go immediately. why should we subside rich people building homes at the beach. If you can't afford a private policy then don't build there.

We all have choices in where we live. Others should not have to subsidize people just because those chose to live in a stupid spot. Nor should we help out those who choose to 'ride out the storm' after being ordered to evacuate.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

Yes, everyone has the means and opportunity to get up and move out of a "stupid spot" ... apparently a big chunk of the East Coast is a stupid spot.

pretty much.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes, everyone has the means and opportunity to get up and move out of a "stupid spot" ... apparently a big chunk of the East Coast is a stupid spot.

just like in war, having the high ground makes a difference.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Good. FEMA is a waste of money and has not been what it was promised and has caused more problems than it solved. Get rid of it. We did very well without it for 200 years. Just because a government agency gets created does not mean it needs to continue in perpetuity.

Another reason not to vote for Obama

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

So Mitt Romney believes that racking up the debt to bloat up military expenditures is worthwhile.

But racking up the debt for disaster relief IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY isn't.

Mitt confuses me.

Can any of the supporters here please explain to me what his plan is for this debt? I mean, he must have one, right? If you're willing to vote for him, surely you understand what he'll do. I hope.

I am not a supporter but I will take a wild guess. He will trickle it down to the state level and they will be forced to tax everyone more. That way he can say he did not raise taxes. The state did it.

And I always thought it was Texas.

Funny-quotes-Daffy-Duck.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I'm sure anyone who is going to be impacted by Sandy is at least grateful this guy isn't in charge ... yet :blink:

FEMA is a joke. I had to work with them several times. All these cities and counties that are expecting FEMA to pay for every shady operator that shows up to help, will be disappointed when they get stuck with the bill at the end.