shekooo

does my old immigration case affect my new one ?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hey vj community , my question sounds weired , but here it is i used to live in the states for 14 y, before i move to egypt , filled my i-130 on 2001 , employment based

i left usa on 2011 while my case still pendingwith no minor action , i have no odd activity in any thing bad , thx god , but any ways i got bored from this case and

forgot about it , although i lived legal ,payed my taxes ,had work permit , any ways , i met my wife before i leave to egypt ,we married here in egypt , and my wife went

back ,filed my i-130 petition , my wife says that my old case will stop the new one , my question is , is this true ? i think by leaving the states i abandoned the old case , plus it was never through marriage ,and have been told all the time

that any one can APPLY FOR MORE THAN ONE CASE , THROUGH FAMILY , THROUGH WORK , THROUGH MARRIAGE , my old lawyer said that lol

any answer about that ??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You can have more than one case pending, but to answer your question fully, we'd need to know more about your old case.

- How did you come to the USA?

- Who filed the I-130 for you? Based on what?

- Why did it take 10+ years without action?

- Did you inform anyone (USCIS) about you leaving and wanting to abandon the old case?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

You can have more than one case pending, but to answer your question fully, we'd need to know more about your old case.

- How did you come to the USA?

- Who filed the I-130 for you? Based on what?

- Why did it take 10+ years without action?

- Did you inform anyone (USCIS) about you leaving and wanting to abandon the old case?

hey penguin , how are u ?thx for ur reply , u always give help

1- i came to usa on tourist visa , and made adjustment of satus

2- i filed the I-130 for my self based on work ' employment based immigration case'

3- i don know why it took that long but i always asked that some address changes , the lawyer , nothing more , thx god i never did any thing against the law ,

but iheared that its not a priority case i the uscis

4- i left usa while holding advance parole' travel document' ofcourse its expired now , i did not use to return coz it doesnt gaurntee i enter through POE

i didnt inform the uscis i want to abandon my old case , my new one got acceptd and now in initial review

Just how did you file I-130 for yourself? That's a family based petition and the petitioner has to be either a USC or LPR and you were neither. You also can't self-petition I-130. Are you sure you didn't file some other form?

Petition for Alien RelativeI-130

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

Just how did you file I-130 for yourself? That's a family based petition and the petitioner has to be either a USC or LPR and you were neither. You also can't self-petition I-130. Are you sure you didn't file some other form?

Petition for Alien RelativeI-130

in my old case i filed for my self , coz it was work based case my new case ,my usc wife did for me

in my old case i filed for my self , coz it was work based case my new case ,my usc wife did for me

What form did YOU file? Couldn't have been I-130 as it clearly says who can file the form and an alien filing for himself is not on the list: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-130instr.pdf

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hey vj community , my question sounds weired , but here it is i used to live in the states for 14 y, before i move to egypt , filled my i-130 on 2001 , employment based

i left usa on 2011 while my case still pendingwith no minor action , i have no odd activity in any thing bad , thx god , but any ways i got bored from this case and

forgot about it , although i lived legal ,payed my taxes ,had work permit , any ways , i met my wife before i leave to egypt ,we married here in egypt , and my wife went

back ,filed my i-130 petition , my wife says that my old case will stop the new one , my question is , is this true ? i think by leaving the states i abandoned the old case , plus it was never through marriage ,and have been told all the time

that any one can APPLY FOR MORE THAN ONE CASE , THROUGH FAMILY , THROUGH WORK , THROUGH MARRIAGE , my old lawyer said that lol

any answer about that ??

There seems to be some confusing. If you filed a I-130 and you weren't married your petition would have been denied right up front. It;s a Family based petition not work based so you would have been ineligible. Sop 10 years later it should be of no issue.

Since you said you filed did you get a I-797C? That would have had your case# on it so you can see if there were any updates. Did you ever call USCIS to find out the status of petition.

Now you are filing a I-130 which is the correct petition to bing an immideate relative to the US.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

what was the name of the exact visa category you filed under, these 10 years ago ?

Forget about form numbers for a moment - what, exactly, was the name of the visa category?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

When you came on a tourist visa, what status did you adjust to? How? You can't just decide to stay- someone had to file the adjustment for you.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Seem he had a work base petition (work permit), but after all those yrs must have expired; why not have your wife visit this atty you used & try to get proper info, yes your wife can file I 130 but find out from an atty what you may be up against....good luck buddy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I wonder if it was an old 245i case.

Anyway the important thing is that when you left you had a valid I 94 to hand in, that you maintained legal status during your time in the US.

Otherwise you will be looking at also needing a waiver for illegal presence.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

hey every one , thx for ur repl all of u ,,, here is the case ,

10 y ago there was a new law -at that time - that if u have a steady job , u pay taxes u can apply for i-130 etition with sponsor ,which is WORK

SO ,i was work based mmigration case

i never got denial at any level or any stage

had my first travel ocument on 2001

renewd later untill im back in 2011 ,i had valid one expired 6 months ago

i have all the papers of my case ,

so i stayed , LEGAL , used to get appointments with uscis , last time before im back to egypt on 2011 , to renew my travel document

they say , STILL PROCESSING

Timeline

what was the name of the exact visa category you filed under, these 10 years ago ?

Forget about form numbers for a moment - what, exactly, was the name of the visa category?

it was a work based petition ,, i came on tourist visa, made my AOS based on this petition through employment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.