coltoasty

October 2012 I-130 Filers

1,670 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Scooooop!

I received a blue letter saying I am scheduled for interview on Jan 23rd in San Antonio!

They are asking me to go with evidence of husband/wide relationship.... I did include everything I could get a handle on (bank accounts, pictures, avidavits of bona fide, etc...)...

This is really upsetting me as it seems I was so close to approval and now they are asking for info they already have!

So pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone get something like this?

USCIS
20-Oct-11 - Married
26-Sep-12 - Became US Citizen (I did wait for this to file I-130. I think I should have filed as LPR and upgrade my case later)
3-Oct-12 - I-130 Sent (Fedex)
23-Jan-13 - NOA2 : Interview at field office - APPROVED same day!!!
NVC
05.Mar.13: NVC Received - Finally (USCIS made an error and set my file for Adjustment of Status. It took me energy to get it fixed!)
05.Mar.13: Case number/IIN
05.Mar.13: DS-3032 sent
07.Mar.13: AOS bill
07.Mar.13: AOS package sent
08.Mar.13: AOS bill shows PAID
14.Mar.13: DS-3032 accepted
15.Mar.13: IV bill
18-Mar.13: AOS packet accepted / no checklist
19.Mar.13: IV package sent
23.Mar.13: IV bill shows PAID
02.Apr.13: Case complete!!
03.Apr.13: File sent to embassy
07.Apr.13: Received at embassy
11.Apr.13: Interview scheduled
18.Apr.13: Medical exam
23.Apr.13: Interview (APPROVED)
24.Apr.13: Visa (however my wife will only pick it up on 27.May.13)
XX.XXX.13: POE

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Scooooop!

I received a blue letter saying I am scheduled for interview on Jan 23rd in San Antonio!

They are asking me to go with evidence of husband/wide relationship.... I did include everything I could get a handle on (bank accounts, pictures, avidavits of bona fide, etc...)...

This is really upsetting me as it seems I was so close to approval and now they are asking for info they already have!

So pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone get something like this?

:wow: :wow: :wow:

I think you are the first one on here with this local office thing that has actually be scheduled for an interview!

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Our lawyer filed our petition and as much as I remember the field for Alien number was filled, So I'm not sure why they would change it, I'm starting to think it has something to do with us filling for I-129F (K3) if you go on the K1 forum you'll see that almost half if not more of the people that have filed for K1 got the same message as we did, but they're saying that some of them got an approval in a matter of week or two after receiving that message online so let's keep our fingers crossed our timelines are pretty close to each other too, my priority date for I-130 is Oct 25 and Nov 8 for k3. If you see any change in your status please let me know, I will do the same :)

ps, my k3s MSC number is also not showing up online

Yup, will keep you and everyone else updated. :)

I've done a bunch more reading on the ARN, both here on VJ and elsewhere, and it still seems like a good thing. (There is an amazing amount of wild conjecture too--I'm ignoring anything without solid references or at least first person anecdotal experience.)

From the USCIS website:

Alien Registration Number (“A” Number) or Alien Number

A unique seven-, eight- or nine-digit number assigned to a noncitizen at the time his or her A-file is created. The 9-digit U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services number listed on the front of Permanent Resident Cards (Form I-551) issued after May 10, 2010, is the same as the Alien Registration Number. The A-number can also be found on the back of these Permanent Resident Cards.

I interpret all of this all as "at some point in the process, all successful I-130 petitions will have a Alien Registration Number."

Apparently there these numbers can be either temporary or permanent. The prefix can and does change when someone moves from one status to another. And if you had an "A number" on the initial I-130 I would think you would know as you would have had to provide this to your lawyer. As I don't even see the I-129f case online I'm not inclined to link the two just yet. It certainly would be informative if they listed the ARN online.

Hopefully we'll all have some more news before the holidays strike!

The little details:

• ~15 October: Posted I-130 from Switzerland to Chicago Lockbox
  • 29 October: I-130 NOA1 with MSC receipt number
  • early November Posted I-129f from Switzerland to Texas Lockbox
  • 15 November I-129f NOA1 with MSC receipt number
  • 23 November I-130 "your Alien Registration Number was changed"
  • 15 December I-130 MSC# finally online, in "Initial Review"
  • 27 December I-130 NOA2

Timeline

:wow: :wow: :wow:

I think you are the first one on here with this local office thing that has actually be scheduled for an interview!

Should I do an infopass? I am thinking about sending them a letter today with more documents/photos/etc... Would appreciate advice guys...

USCIS
20-Oct-11 - Married
26-Sep-12 - Became US Citizen (I did wait for this to file I-130. I think I should have filed as LPR and upgrade my case later)
NVC
05.Mar.13: NVC Received - Finally (USCIS made an error and set my file for Adjustment of Status. It took me energy to get it fixed!)

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

case was touched 12/13/2012......so hoping for good news this week.

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Should I do an infopass? I am thinking about sending them a letter today with more documents/photos/etc... Would appreciate advice guys...

I think you should call and get an ISO and then do an infopass if it isn't resolved. I'd be trying anything possible to get out of delaying the case further. Don't send more information unless they ask for it, especially in this situation.

There were some cases I read on here of the rare petitioner being called in for an interview a while ago. Maybe you are just one of the unlucky few.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yup, will keep you and everyone else updated. :)

I've done a bunch more reading on the ARN, both here on VJ and elsewhere, and it still seems like a good thing. (There is an amazing amount of wild conjecture too--I'm ignoring anything without solid references or at least first person anecdotal experience.)

From the USCIS website:

I interpret all of this all as "at some point in the process, all successful I-130 petitions will have a Alien Registration Number."

Apparently there these numbers can be either temporary or permanent. The prefix can and does change when someone moves from one status to another. And if you had an "A number" on the initial I-130 I would think you would know as you would have had to provide this to your lawyer. As I don't even see the I-129f case online I'm not inclined to link the two just yet. It certainly would be informative if they listed the ARN online.

Hopefully we'll all have some more news before the holidays strike!

Fingers crossed, it would be so awesome to hear great news by end of Dec if not mid Jan.

ps, are you planning on calling USCIS and speaking to an ISO regarding this Alien registration number change? I'm asking because my husband is the USC and he is very very busy with work and never gets the time to call, I have to wait till his next day off. if you do decide to call please keep us updated, Thanks

event.png

Timeline

I didn't want to start a topic for this question that I have so I'm just going to ask it here, please tell me if you know what I should do in this case. So when our lawyer filed our I-130 petition he put down "Toronto" for consulate, today I found out that Toronto doesn't handle immigrant visas as "Montreal" does. Should I contact USCIS and let them know? should I contact my lawyer and let him know?? Someone on this forum already told me the visa will end up where it is suppose to, but I'm worried and I wan't to know what other people think. Thanks :)

Edited by EmilyS
event.png

it will end up where it's supposed to go. The NVC knows that Toronto is not the consulate that you'll be having your interview at. No worries!! :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

it will end up where it's supposed to go. The NVC knows that Toronto is not the consulate that you'll be having your interview at. No worries!! :)

ok, thanks for ur reply...I mean our petition is not even approved yet and I'm stressing about this, I just don't want anything to go wrong.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I didn't want to start a topic for this question that I have so I'm just going to ask it here, please tell me if you know what I should do in this case. So when our lawyer filed our I-130 petition he put down "Toronto" for consulate, today I found out that Toronto doesn't handle immigrant visas as "Montreal" does. Should I contact USCIS and let them know? should I contact my lawyer and let him know?? Someone on this forum already told me the visa will end up where it is suppose to, but I'm worried and I wan't to know what other people think. Thanks :)

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think the USCIS will send it where they decide its best anyway. It wouldn't hurt calling them and speaking to an ISO about it, it may be nothing to worry about at all.

08/24/2012 - Married

USCIS:

10/01/2012 - Mailed/Filed for I-130 via USPS Express Mail
10/05/2012 - E-Notification NOA1
10/10/2012 - Paper NOA1
11/28/2012 - Transferred from NBC to NYC Office
02/13/2013 - USCIS Case Status NOA2
02/20/2013 - Paper NOA2

NVC:
02/22/2013 - Case Received by NVC
03/11/2013 - Case Number, IIN, BIN Assigned, DS-3032 Email Sent
03/13/2013 - AOS Invoice Received and Paid and DS-3032 Generated
03/14/2013 - AOS Invoice Shows as Paid, AOS Packet Mailed via USPS Express Mail, DS-3032 Re-sent with Supervisor Review
03/15/2013 - AOS Packet Received by NVC, DS-3032 Supervisor Review Accepted
03/18/2013 - IV Invoice Received and Paid
03/21/2013 - IV Packet Mailed via USPS Express Mail
03/23/2013 - IV Invoice Shows as Paid
03/27/2013 - AOS Packet Accepted
04/03/2013 - IV Packet Reviewed
04/04/2013 - IV Checklist Received
04/15/2013 - IV Checklist Arrived at NVC
04/24/2013 - IV Checklist Reviewed - Case Complete

05/01/2013 - Interview Date Assigned
05/03/2013 - Case Shipped to Embassy

Embassy:
05/06/2013 - Case Received from NVC
05/18/2013 - Medical
06/17/2013 - Interview Date - Result: AP

09/20/2013 - CEAC Status Changed to Visa Issued

10/01/2013 - Visa Ready for Pickup/Picked Up (Delayed due to being sent to incorrect City initially)

10/09/2013 - POE - New York City - JFK
11/xx/2013 - Greencard Received
11/xx/2013 - Social Security number Received

Timeline

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think the USCIS will send it where they decide its best anyway. It wouldn't hurt calling them and speaking to an ISO about it, it may be nothing to worry about at all.

Thanks for your input, I will contact my lawyer and see what he says, I guess I'm stressing way too much about this but just can't control it :(

event.png

ps, are you planning on calling USCIS and speaking to an ISO regarding this Alien registration number change? I'm asking because my husband is the USC and he is very very busy with work and never gets the time to call, I have to wait till his next day off. if you do decide to call please keep us updated, Thanks

I will when my wife asks me too. (I'm the USC.) Frankly, I have very strong negative reaction to bureaucracies that comes out involuntarily when dealing directly and personally with systems like this--ten minutes on the phone with me and they just might "lose" our petition in spite! :blink: Seriously though, we might call a week or two after the new year if we don't hear anything.

The little details:

• ~15 October: Posted I-130 from Switzerland to Chicago Lockbox
  • 29 October: I-130 NOA1 with MSC receipt number
  • early November Posted I-129f from Switzerland to Texas Lockbox
  • 15 November I-129f NOA1 with MSC receipt number
  • 23 November I-130 "your Alien Registration Number was changed"
  • 15 December I-130 MSC# finally online, in "Initial Review"
  • 27 December I-130 NOA2

Timeline

I think you should call and get an ISO and then do an infopass if it isn't resolved. I'd be trying anything possible to get out of delaying the case further. Don't send more information unless they ask for it, especially in this situation.

There were some cases I read on here of the rare petitioner being called in for an interview a while ago. Maybe you are just one of the unlucky few.

Thanks Nola, I will call them today. I did go ahead and send them a full letter along with much more documentation.

It is just so frustrating to have someone doubt you on your true marriage. It is now more than a year we are married and cannot be together due to these procedures and can't stand it anymore. I am off to europe for my vacation where my wife will join me, so I will do an infopass when I get back...

I think I know why, there is a big age difference between us and also I was not able to see her for 10 months this year due to bloody crazy busy works:-( maybe that triggered their doubt...

Good thing it seems they are making progress on the cases of all of us and hopefully many will start seeing approvals very soon! :-)

USCIS
20-Oct-11 - Married
NVC

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

We filled mid October and VJ estimate on my timeline for I130 approval is now "between December 18, 2012 and December 29, 2012". Which means tomorrow at the earliest!

I know of course that it's only an estimate but I can't help feeling hopeful... :wub:

CR-1 Spouse Visa, Filled abroad (I am the Beneficiary / Applicant)

2012 USCIS (MSC)

October 15: I-130 NOA1

December 15: NOA2

2013 NVC (BRS) Case number received 5 weeks after NOA2 - DS-3032
February 25: AOS and IV delivered to NVC

March 13: Case complete
April 3: Interview - Visa approved - USCIS Immigrant Fee paid

May: POE (Dallas Fort Worth Airport)

2015 REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 18: NOA I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

March 18: Biometrics appointment

August 17: approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.