jimos

Form G-56 (Having a nervous Meltdown.)

43 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

me and my wife had an interview on aug 14, it went pretty well..each one was in for 10 minutes and out..

went home and got a letter claiming our case is under file review and we will receive an answer within 180 days.

ok..............

we waited and today i got a letter that says Form g-56

please come to the office below at the time and place indicated in connection with an official matter.

ask for : the same officer i had the 1st time

reason for appt : Review and Completion of your application for permanent residence.

Bring with you : id,photos,passport,Interpreters and evidence of your bona fide martial relationship.

Now...

1) interpreters ? do i really need to bring one ? really ?

we both speak english , my wife's a little off on the english but nothing terrible, when she's stressed she has hard time with other languages ..

2) and what is this form for ?

3) do we have to come together ? or just by myself ? the letter states both our name only at the top where the address is ..

from what i read other people had a text saying "Both need to come"

btw..i just got my EAD renewed (came in the same day) for another year... :bonk:

help me, im scared :wacko:

Edited by jimos

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The letters have a certain amount of standard information. The interpreter paragraph is a part of the standard letter.

The person(s) applying for permanent residence should attend the appointment.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

The letters have a certain amount of standard information. The interpreter paragraph is a part of the standard letter.

The person(s) applying for permanent residence should attend the appointment.

thank you for the fast reply...

IT IS I....who's applying for the residence..so therefore only i should attend and not my wife as well ? :innocent:

what do you think this interview is about? she was so cool the 1st interview..

Edited by jimos

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

1) interpreters ? do i really need to bring one ? really ? we both speak english , my wife's a little off on the english but nothing terrible, when she's stressed she has hard time with other languages ..

2) and what is this form for ?

3) do we have to come together ? or just by myself ? the letter states both our name only at the top where the address is .. from what i read other people had a text saying "Both need to come"

1. If your wife's english isn't 100% okay then you'll want to bring a friend or family member or hire someone to translate. You don't HAVE to but this is a serious process with a lot of stress, and you don't want a simple misunderstanding of a word to make life hard for you

2. It's in case you want to bring an attorny or other representative

3. Go together. This sounds like a Stokes Interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I agree with Vanessa. It sounds like a Stokes interview. You need to be thoroughly prepared. A good attorney is highly advisable.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

i don't get it...we were fine the 1st interview, there were no issues :\

and why would they approve my Ead if they need to see me for stokes ?

the 1st interview was stokes i believe, they separated us from the beginning ...and crossed answers..

how will bringing an attorney will help me ?

Where is your wife from? What language does she speak? How did she get USC?

Edit: Okay wait, your first interview was a stokes interview as well? They questioned you separately there and checked your answers?

Approval of EAD has nothing to do with the chance of approval for the overall AOS. EAD is routinely approved.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

She is from Cuba and on Cu6 type of residence, she speak Spanish and English but not perfect..

My 1st interview was stokes I guess, we were going in together and at the door she asked to see each one separately.. 10 minutes each one and out..

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

She is from Cuba and on Cu6 type of residence, she speak Spanish and English but not perfect..

My 1st interview was stokes I guess, we were going in together and at the door she asked to see each one separately.. 10 minutes each one and out..

This is going to be Stokes interview and if i guess correctly it'll be very serious kind of(as you had mini stokes already)

So that people can help you...

Please provide details like what countries you & your wife are from, any age difference, what was asked at the interview and was there any mismatch, any red flags?

Take some good lawyer's help :yes:

Good luck !

AOS (from H1-B) Timeline:

Day1 -- 09/23/2012 - 130, 485, 765 AOS package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Day4 -- 09/26/2012 - Emails/texts acceptance confirmation in evening :-)

Day5 -- 09/27/2012 - Checks Cached

Day12-- 10/01/2012 - Received hard copies of NOAs for I-130, I-485 and I-765

Day16-- 10/12/2012 - Received Biometrics Appointment(appointment for 10/24/2012)

Day16 - 10/12/2012 - Biometrics Walk In - Refused

Day20 - 10/16/2012 - Biometrics Walk In - Successful :)

Day33 - 10/29/2012 - EAD card Production Ordered-Pleasant surprise :)

Day37 - 11/02/2012 - EAD Card received - WoW !

Day40 - 11/05/2012 - Interview letter for Dec 4 date - The BIG Day !

Day70 - 12/04/2012 - Interview done. Pray to GOD!

Day95 - 12/28/2012 - Letter for 2nd Interview in Feb

Timeline

I'm from Israel she's from Cuba

We've been married for a year and a half now, only red flag I could think of is that she's 10 years older then me..

What are the outcomes of a stoke interview?

If denied can I do something or just leave the states?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm from Israel she's from Cuba

We've been married for a year and a half now, only red flag I could think of is that she's 10 years older then me..

What are the outcomes of a stoke interview?

If denied can I do something or just leave the states?

Ohhh you already had a mini-stokes. Sounds like it didn't go as good as you thought it did and having a second interview after that.... I imagine it's going to be a long stokes interview. Prepare and like Jim said, I suggest an attorney just in case.

If you're denied you can usually appeal.. but you said she's Cu6? That's the Cuban adjustment act and that means she has a greencard and you're trying to adjust your status based on her greencard. I'm sorry but I don't know enough about that process.

**Edit - How did you enter the US? How long ago did she get her greencard?

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What is your status in the US? When did you get married - before or after she received her Cu6 status? It could be that the questions will relate to how you entered the US and what your current status is in the US - work, student or visitor, or out-of-status. I don't think we have enough information about your circumstances to really understand what you might expect or why you are being called for a second interview.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Do you speak any spanish? It seems you don't share a common language. How did you meet? How did you enter the US?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

I speak Spanish.

It seems we dont share a common language?

I only said that she stresses on English when nervous..

we met here in the area, I entered on b2,I checked on one time that you told me I should have sent the i130 and they told me because she had the cu6 I didn't need to..

Edited by jimos

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.