jimos

Form G-56 (Having a nervous Meltdown.)

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

she got her cu6 about 11 years ago and i entered on B2

Thank you, I have moved your thread to the AOS from Work, Student & Tourist Visa forum as you are adjusting status from a B2 (tourist) visa and may get better responses in this forum.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I speak Spanish.

It seems we dont share a common language?

I only said that she stresses on English when nervous..

we met here in the area, I entered on b2,I checked on one time that you told me I should have sent the i130 and they told me because she had the cu6 I didn't need to..

Jimos, you have been far from forthcoming about your situation. I have tried to help you before, and you never mentioned your wife was not USC and you were adjusting on the Cuban Adjustment Act, and you never mentioned that you had a stokes interview (though there have been many threads about "where is my GC after interview!"). No one can help you if you don't give the pertinent details.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I’m sorry you are having a mini meltdown. My husband and I found out nearly 2 months after our 1st interview (through a Congressional inquiry) that we were awaiting scheduling of a 2nd interview and my heart just dropped. We had tons of proof and our interview was smooth but our red flags are that this is my 3rd marriage and my 2 previous husbands had also petitioned for me plus we got married 4 months after my 2nd divorce so I get it. We however were not separated the first time but we imagine we will be this time. The only bad thing is that it’s been 4+ months since our first interview on May 30th, and we have not gotten our 2nd interview yet  and we are hoping to get it soon because we already bought tickets to Peru for November 21st.

You said you already have your second EAD and I just have a few questions if you don’t mind

When did you file (we filed on March 12th, my EAD doesn’t expire until Jun since it got approved late)

Where is your local office (ours is Oakland Park FL)

When is your new interview

Anyway, my best advice is to definitely have a lawyer accompany you and if your wife gets the even a little nervous speaking English, I would take an interpreter too.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

I’m sorry you are having a mini meltdown. My husband and I found out nearly 2 months after our 1st interview (through a Congressional inquiry) that we were awaiting scheduling of a 2nd interview and my heart just dropped. We had tons of proof and our interview was smooth but our red flags are that this is my 3rd marriage and my 2 previous husbands had also petitioned for me plus we got married 4 months after my 2nd divorce so I get it. We however were not separated the first time but we imagine we will be this time. The only bad thing is that it’s been 4+ months since our first interview on May 30th, and we have not gotten our 2nd interview yet  and we are hoping to get it soon because we already bought tickets to Peru for November 21st.

You said you already have your second EAD and I just have a few questions if you don’t mind

When did you file (we filed on March 12th, my EAD doesn’t expire until Jun since it got approved late)

Where is your local office (ours is Oakland Park FL)

When is your new interview

Anyway, my best advice is to definitely have a lawyer accompany you and if your wife gets the even a little nervous speaking English, I would take an interpreter too.

thank you for the reply :)

i filed for the EAD on Sep 1st, it was to expire on Oct 2nd, a little bit late but they approved :)

our local office is in Tampa,FL.

i got the letter a few days ago, the 2nd interview is on Oct 18 :(

lemme know if you need some more answers..

Timeline

thank you for the reply :)

i filed for the EAD on Sep 1st, it was to expire on Oct 2nd, a little bit late but they approved :)

our local office is in Tampa,FL.

i got the letter a few days ago, the 2nd interview is on Oct 18 :(

lemme know if you need some more answers..

thank you for your reply as well :) I have one more question...when did you first file for AOS and lastly an observation, if you received the letter on October 6th and your interview is on the October 18th, then they are giving you less than a month to prepare on this one. That's good to know.

Wish you best of luck please keep us posted!

Timeline

thank you for your reply as well :) I have one more question...when did you first file for AOS and lastly an observation, if you received the letter on October 6th and your interview is on the October 18th, then they are giving you less than a month to prepare on this one. That's good to know.

Wish you best of luck please keep us posted!

yes pretty quick..go figure .. i'm tired of being in the air with this. you can't do nothing major without that GC here :(

we first filed on jul 25 of 2011..

Timeline

yes pretty quick..go figure .. i'm tired of being in the air with this. you can't do nothing major without that GC here :(

we first filed on jul 25 of 2011..

wow, they are making you wait that long? that's discouraging. Hopefully you can wrap this up in 8 days. They may just want to check you are still married and not necessarily separate you again BUT of course be ready for anything...PREPARE :) unfortunately our lives are on hold during this process. I have been waiting since 1994 but I'm hoping that it will be over and done with no later than this year.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Jimos, you have been far from forthcoming about your situation. I have tried to help you before, and you never mentioned your wife was not USC and you were adjusting on the Cuban Adjustment Act, and you never mentioned that you had a stokes interview (though there have been many threads about "where is my GC after interview!"). No one can help you if you don't give the pertinent details.

good.gif

Timeline

well, went to see a lawyer today, got him + an Interpreter for $1065, hopefully everything will go fine..

he said i should have had the I-130 And he's not sure about her not being USC and only on Residency of CU6 and that being able to give me the AOS needed...

when i said that if so is the case then i should have been denied long before and not being taken to a 2nd interview, that took him off of the certainty he had and he said he will check it and let me know tuesday, appointment is Thursday..i will let you know what happened ..(in case someone will look into 2nd interview in the future, i personally found a lot but never the results of them, guess people were happy with them :D )

got all papers and documents copied and ready for him, now just to wait and see what Thursday will bring :yes:

Who is your attorney? Fire that slob!

"(e) Dependents . The spouse or child of a qualifying Cuban applicant may also seek adjustment under section 1 of the Act regardless of his or her nationality or place of birth. He or she must, however, meet all the other eligibility criteria stated above, and must reside with the principal applicant. See Matter of Bellido , 12 I. & N. Dec. 369 (R.C. 1967) . It is important to note that this is a very different standard from the one relating to spousal visa petition proceedings, where a petitioner need not prove marital viability, but rather that the marriage was valid at its inception.

The adjustment of the spouse or child can not precede the adjustment of the principal applicant; the adjustment must be completed at the same time as, or subsequent to, the principal's adjustment. Matter of Coto , 13 I. & N. 740 (BIA 1971). In addition, the qualifying relationship may have been created before or after the principal's adjustment. Matter of Milian , 13 I. & N. 480 (A.R.C. 1970) .

Finally, the spouse or child of a Cuban applicant is adjusted as an unconditional permanent resident, regardless of the duration of the qualifying marriage. The restrictions of section 216 of the Act do not apply."

See http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-6539/0-0-0-7638.html

I-485/I-130 filed: January 26,2012 (130/485 sent to Chicago lockbox, transferred to MSC, field office Baltimore, MD).

I-130 Approved: June 25, 2012

I-485 RFE issued: June 25, 2012

Contacted offices of Honorable Senator Ben Cardin and Barbara Mikulski at the end of July.

I-485 DECISION MADE on August 03, 2012 , LESS THAN A WEEK AFTER CONTACTING THE SENATOR'S OFFICE TO INQUIRE ON CASE STATUS!

I-485 WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED IN MAIL: 08/08/12

Green Card in Mail: 08/11/12

Timeline

haha ! well these are some good news !

thank you for that ..ill keep you posted, i've saw a few lawyers ..none of them was on top of things :( it seems like they are all like this..

haha ! well these are some good news !

thank you for that ..ill keep you posted, i've saw a few lawyers ..none of them was on top of things :( it seems like they are all like this..

Not all lawyers are morons, but too many are.

Edited by asdfg

I-485/I-130 filed: January 26,2012 (130/485 sent to Chicago lockbox, transferred to MSC, field office Baltimore, MD).

Contacted offices of Honorable Senator Ben Cardin and Barbara Mikulski at the end of July.

I-485 DECISION MADE on August 03, 2012 , LESS THAN A WEEK AFTER CONTACTING THE SENATOR'S OFFICE TO INQUIRE ON CASE STATUS!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think, in this case, you're being a bit harsh. I'm sure that many lawyers don't see too many cases involving cu6. I don't have a problem with a lawyer saying " I don't know, but I'll find out." That's much better than giving the wrong answer with confidence.

Edited by DandT14

AOS

5/16/2012 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 1:33pm

5/21/2012 - Email/text notifications received at 4:50 p.m.

5/26/2012 - NOA hard copies received for I-130, I-485 and I-765

6/19/2012 - Biometrics completed.

7/02/2012 - Text/email/hard copy notification of interview.

7/30/2012 - EAD card production ordered.

8/02/2012 - Interview @ 2:00

8/02/2012 - Email notification of GC production at 5:30pm

8/07/2012 - Second GC production email

8/07/2012 - EAD received.

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

8/09/2012 - Welcome letter and I-130 approval letter received.

8/10/2012 - Green card received. :)

Timeline

I think, in this case, you're being a bit harsh. I'm sure that many lawyers don't see too many cases involving cu6. I don't have a problem with a lawyer saying " I don't know, but I'll find out." That's much better than giving the wrong answer with confidence.

Thats what the lawyer said, that he will check into it, this is a good answer after all the lawyers who say no on the spot..

I got a good feeling from the guy..

I don't want to sound crude, but your lawyer is moron, that's just beyond any dispute there.

He didn't bother to even try to understand what your case was about, he just assumed you are another

I-130/I-485 applicant/beneficiary. Not until you said that you had interviews that he realized

that you wouldn't called for an interview if what he assumed was right.

Suppose you never had an interview, suppose you paid $1000+ to an interpreter and that clown charged you another

$2500-$3500 and sent in your I-130/I-485, then what?

Then I guarantee you would get a straight denial or, best case scenario, the IO would issue a massive RFE and ask him to

supply the required evidence instead of what was applicable for a case under different statute.

Either way you would be screwed and he would get away with it because "he did something for you" after all.

And that's not a short change, that's $3000-$4000 out of your pocket (I don't know your particular situation, but

in this economy a lot of people struggle to get a job and where one of the couple isn't even authorized to work is

a hardship in itself, extending day by day and which wouldn't be there after app submission if lawyers prepared all the

paperwork right and didn't trigger unnecessary RFE's and case holds).

I am not prejudiced against all lawyers, in fact I am one of few who advises others to hire in any type of case.

However, be careful choosing your attorney.

There are some very good ones, but these are few. Most in immigration practice are vultures, totally clueless of laws

but well aware of how to ruin their clients.

Anyway, it's your case and your choice. I don't know your lawyer and don't know what your case is. Just my two cents there.

Take it or leave it.

Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.