9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello All,

Based on the below link when filing i-485 Package. I would only pay the fee for the I -485 which is $985 this fee will cover form i-131 and i-765 is this right?

Am i reading this right?

anm\d would i mail all the forms together?

Please advise

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

The fee is $985, plus an $85 biometrics fee, bringing the total to $1070.

If you are filing AP and EAD at the same time as your AOS, then yes, the fees for those forms are waived so you'll only have to pay the above number.

Send them all at the same time, but make sure you treat them as three separate packages. I sent them all in one envelope, but separated them with paperclips.

while you are at it, you should do the i130 which is also included in that price if submitted at the same time. this is what we did and it saves you time, money, and extra steps. $1070 for all! good luck!

AOS:

5/29/2012: Married
6/29/2012: Sent AOS Package (I485, I130, I131, I765)
7/02/2012: *Date Received Shown on NOA for I485, I130, I131, I765
7/13/2012: Text/Email NOA Received
7/16/2012: Hard Copy NOA Received
8/07/2012: Biometrics Appointment
8/27/2012: I131 and I765 (AP and EAD) APPROVED - 59 Days
9/05/2012: EAD Received
9/26/2012: Interview (I485 and I130)
9/26/2012: Conditional Green Card APPROVED - 89 Days
10/8/2012: Green Card Received

ROC:

9/4/2014: Sent ROC Package (I751)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

The fee for the entire AoS is 1070

while you are at it, you should do the i130 which is also included in that price if submitted at the same time. this is what we did and it saves you time, money, and extra steps. $1070 for all! good luck!

I 130 for what? He is a k1 visa holder (fiance of a US citizen).he got his visa, and then got marry here in the US. i 130 is only for spuse of a us citizen overseas

Edited by Andrea&Henry

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Why???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

This area of the forum is for people who are Adjusting Status from a family based visa. We do not need to present the i130 form for people adjusting from K1 visas . You entered on VWP and filed AOS from that. The processes are different.

Edited by Celeste & C

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

The fee for the entire AoS is 1070

I 130 for what? He is a k1 visa holder (fiance of a US citizen).he got his visa, and then got marry here in the US. i 130 is only for spuse of a us citizen overseas

Not exactly, I-130 is also used for people already in the US adjusting status based on a marriage to a US citizen (and who entered on another typer of visa than K-1 or spousal). And in that case, fee for the I-130 needs to be paid, plus the fee for AOS.

But OP entered with a K-1, a petition has already been filed (I-129F), no need to do the I-130.

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Not exactly, I-130 is also used for people already in the US adjusting status based on a marriage to a US citizen (and who entered on another typer of visa than K-1 or spousal). And in that case, fee for the I-130 needs to be paid, plus the fee for AOS.

But OP entered with a K-1, a petition has already been filed (I-129F), no need to do the I-130.

Exactly. Someone adjusting from a K-1 does not file the I-130(Petition for Alien Relative), and the I-130 is not free. It has a fee of $420 and it is not waived when filing with an I-485.

The I-765(EAD) and I-131(AP) form fees are waived when filed with a pending I-485.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.