MERIC061609

September 2012 AOS Filers

417 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi All;

We are at 9 months as of today waiting for my wife's AOS to be approved - hoping to hear something soon. Waiting on response from a service request we filed last week. Her file is in the National Benefits Center in Missouri. I'll update as things progress. Good luck to all...

Richard and Inna

Last I read, you should refile, for free, 90 days before your EAD expires.

K1 VISA PROCESS
2011-10-24: I-129F Sent from Doral, FL to lock box, Dallas, TX
2011-10-31: Received USCIS NOA1 Letter
2012-04-02 (8:30AM): I-129F Approved. NO RFE!
2012-04-06: Received USCIS NOA2 Letter
2012-06-06: Interview / Approved!!!
2012-06-15: (2:20PM) POE Miami International Airport
2012-06-26: Married

AOS PROCESS
2012-08-31: Sent I-485 and I-765 applications from Doral, FL to lock box, Chicago, IL
2012-09-06: Case accepted and routed to USCIS National Benefits Center for processing
2012-09-13: Received both I-485 and I-765 NOA's (9/6/12) and the Biometrics appointment letter
2012-10-03: Biometrics taken
2012-11-05: I-765 - Approved - Employment Authorization Card production ordered
2012-11-09: I-765 - Employment Authorization Card mailed
2012-11-13: I-765 - Employment Authorization Card received

2013-07-05 (11:45AM): AOS Approved. NO RFE. NO Interview.

2013-07-11: Green Card mailed.

2013-07-12: Received I-797, NOA, Welcome to the USA

2013-07-15: Green Card received.

2016-04-06: Earliest Accepted ROC Filing Date

AOS Approved 7/5/2013:
308 days (10 months & 8 days) since AOS package was sent
302 days (10 months & 2 days) since NOA1
275 days (9 months & 5 days) since Biometrics taken

1PVym5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good afternoon all

Well, my positive post from about 4-5 weeks ago led to nothing. I was told that the Dallas Office was dealing with October applications (mine was September) so I would have expected a response. No response, so I called USCIS. They said I can raise a service request...i'd hear back in 15 days....you know the drill. I called on day 16 and just like others have mentioned on here, they said to allow an additional 30 days, so 45 in total for a response. *Queue angry me letting them know that their service levels suck ranting33va.gif

I was then sent a message from someone on this forum which had a response from USCIS included. They were told that their case is being actively worked and if they do not hear back within 9-12 months, to contact customer support. This is ridiculous. If a case is being 'actively' worked, do you really think it would take 9-12 months to get a response, even if they are busy. After going through the argument I'd have with USCIS in my head, if they had the nerve to send me that letter, I just accepted that this process is way too messed up to even care. I'm with my wife, we have our dog, I have a great job and if this takes 2 months or 2 years, I'm here.

I am however not looking forward to the applications we'll have to go through to get our EAD's extended. On average it takes 65 days to get that and mine took 108 days the first time. I'll be applying earlier, that's for sure.

A question for everyone. What is everyone doing about their drivers license over here? I'm on my UK one which I'm allowed to drive on for a year but that expires in September. I was hoping to get my green card and then apply for a Texas one (you need the green card to apply for the license) but it doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon. Has everyone else got a temporary drivers license based off their EAD? That's the route I'm going down now, which will extend my ability to drive to January (when my EAD expires). At that point though, I need to apply for a new temporary license...which takes time apparently because they have to contact USCIS to verify the EAD. Why does everything come back to that ridiculous agency?

Here's a thought, if it takes long enough to process our I-485 applications, are you aware that you can apply for citizenship 3 and a half years after 'arriving' in the country? If I get my citizenship approved before my I-485, that would just be hilarious!!

Hello VJ friends,

First they told me that it will take 9-12 months from this letter on 06/05/2013 , then My attorney got reply from Ombudsman's office on 06/10/2013 that my file is at local office I should get reply from local office in 30 days, Now today on 06/25/2013 I got this email from USCI (lee's summit,mo) on my second request that it will take 6 months from this letter. Damn man what they are doing.? At least reply back like a responsible office or immigration office.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U.S. Department of Homeland Security, USCIS National Benefits Center, P.O. Box 648005, Lee's Summit,MO 64002

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Tuesday, June 25 2013

Dear DR. KunaL

On 03/28/2013 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the

Case type: -- I485, Filing date: -- 09/10/2012, Type of service requested: -- Non-Delivery of Other Notice

The status of this service request is::----

Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who is right or who is right.?

Thanks,

Dr. KunaL

Good afternoon all

Well, my positive post from about 4-5 weeks ago led to nothing. I was told that the Dallas Office was dealing with October applications (mine was September) so I would have expected a response. No response, so I called USCIS. They said I can raise a service request...i'd hear back in 15 days....you know the drill. I called on day 16 and just like others have mentioned on here, they said to allow an additional 30 days, so 45 in total for a response. *Queue angry me letting them know that their service levels suck ranting33va.gif

I was then sent a message from someone on this forum which had a response from USCIS included. They were told that their case is being actively worked and if they do not hear back within 9-12 months, to contact customer support. This is ridiculous. If a case is being 'actively' worked, do you really think it would take 9-12 months to get a response, even if they are busy. After going through the argument I'd have with USCIS in my head, if they had the nerve to send me that letter, I just accepted that this process is way too messed up to even care. I'm with my wife, we have our dog, I have a great job and if this takes 2 months or 2 years, I'm here.

I am however not looking forward to the applications we'll have to go through to get our EAD's extended. On average it takes 65 days to get that and mine took 108 days the first time. I'll be applying earlier, that's for sure.

A question for everyone. What is everyone doing about their drivers license over here? I'm on my UK one which I'm allowed to drive on for a year but that expires in September. I was hoping to get my green card and then apply for a Texas one (you need the green card to apply for the license) but it doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon. Has everyone else got a temporary drivers license based off their EAD? That's the route I'm going down now, which will extend my ability to drive to January (when my EAD expires). At that point though, I need to apply for a new temporary license...which takes time apparently because they have to contact USCIS to verify the EAD. Why does everything come back to that ridiculous agency?

Here's a thought, if it takes long enough to process our I-485 applications, are you aware that you can apply for citizenship 3 and a half years after 'arriving' in the country? If I get my citizenship approved before my I-485, that would just be hilarious!!

My husband got his Texas DL in March. He's been driving since then. I think he'll need to renew it in November which is when his EAD expires as well.

I got a response from my senator and representative. We need to fill out privacy authorization forms for them to proceed investigating our case. Let's see where this goes!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

OK - I know I am whining and there is no answer to this but WTH....I see October and November filers getting approved now - what the heck happened to September??? I only saw one September approval And OZ is still waiting from August ....Next week will be 10 months - so frustrating! There! I said it and I feel better now! Don't dog on me for complaining and please don't tell me to be patient oh, and as for going by processing times at my local office - Nov 22 - means nothing to me - been past normal processing time on that since March when I submitted my first service request.

Sorry about the rant. I think the reason I'm obsessing so much about having the green card in hand stems from all the trouble my husband had using the AP combo card to re-enter the country a few weeks ago. We have another trip planned in 7 weeks and I don't want to have trouble again.

K1 Visa                                                                 Adjustment of Status                                                             ROC

Service Center : California Service Center                        CIS Office : Kansas City MO Service Center                           California Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

I-129F Sent : 2011-11-18                                 Date Filed : 2012-09-04 Date                            Filed: 2015-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-11-23                                      NOA Date : 2012-09-06                                                             NOA1 Date: 2015-05-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none                                              RFE(s) : NONE                                              RFE(s): NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-12                                                 Bio. Appt. : 2012-10-03                                                              BIO. Appt.: 2015-09-15

NVC Received : 2012-04-26

NVC Left : 2012-05-10                                           EAD/AP Approved : 2012-11-08                             ROC APPROVED:2015-10-26      

Consulate Received : 2012-05-14                               EAD/AP Card Received : 2012-11-17                         Green card Received: 2015-11-04    

Packet 3 Received : 2012-05-17                                          Green card Approved : 2013-07-08                        NO INTERVIEW

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-05-20                                                    NO INTERVIEW

Interview Date : 2012-06-26                                                 Green Card Received : 2013-07-15

Interview Result : Approved                                                 

Visa Received : 2012-06-26                                                   

US Entry : 2012-07-05

Marriage : 2012-08-24

N-400 Naturalization:

04/25/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS AZ courier address thru FedEx

05/04/2106 NOA I-797 Receipt Notice Date
05/27/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
06/08/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
06/13/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
07/18/2016 Date of Interview
08/11/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Kansas City, MO

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am also a September filer. I filed on September 3rd and got the biometrics done on October 3rd. I am waiting for the green card interview letter. Based on my research, people normally have their interview 2 months after their biometrics which will be in December. We did not applied for EAD since it was not free and from what I saw it was going to arrive just before the green card.

EAD arriving just before GC...this was NOT the case at all in our situation, nor in most situations I have read. We filed in Sept., she had hear EAD in December and has been working for over 4 months now and we still have no word on the GC. So basically the EAD took a few months and we are now at 9+ months and counting for the GC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Yeah! Finally another September filer! Congrats!

K1 Visa                                                                 Adjustment of Status                                                             ROC

Service Center : California Service Center                        CIS Office : Kansas City MO Service Center                           California Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

I-129F Sent : 2011-11-18                                 Date Filed : 2012-09-04 Date                            Filed: 2015-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-11-23                                      NOA Date : 2012-09-06                                                             NOA1 Date: 2015-05-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none                                              RFE(s) : NONE                                              RFE(s): NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-12                                                 Bio. Appt. : 2012-10-03                                                              BIO. Appt.: 2015-09-15

NVC Received : 2012-04-26

NVC Left : 2012-05-10                                           EAD/AP Approved : 2012-11-08                             ROC APPROVED:2015-10-26      

Consulate Received : 2012-05-14                               EAD/AP Card Received : 2012-11-17                         Green card Received: 2015-11-04    

Packet 3 Received : 2012-05-17                                          Green card Approved : 2013-07-08                        NO INTERVIEW

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-05-20                                                    NO INTERVIEW

Interview Date : 2012-06-26                                                 Green Card Received : 2013-07-15

Interview Result : Approved                                                 

Visa Received : 2012-06-26                                                   

US Entry : 2012-07-05

Marriage : 2012-08-24

N-400 Naturalization:

04/25/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS AZ courier address thru FedEx

05/04/2106 NOA I-797 Receipt Notice Date
05/27/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
06/08/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
06/13/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
07/18/2016 Date of Interview
08/11/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Kansas City, MO

event.png

Finally another one, congrats !

I got new news from USCIS : -

I did service request On 04/04/2013 , First reply, i got On 06/05/2013 from USCIS,lees summit saying that it will take 9-12 months on this case, this file is at NBC.

Then my attorney did service request at ombudsman's office On 06/03/2013 , Second reply, i got On 06/07/2013 response from the Ombudsman's office saying that my file is at my local field USCIS office And I should get response from them in 30 days.

I did service request On 03/28/2013 , Third reply, Yesterday On 06/25/2013 I got new email from USCIS saying that it will take 6 months on my case and this file is at NBC,lees summit.

I did talk to customer service 2 tir today On 06/26/2013 , Fourth reply, Today On 06/26/2013 that my file was sent to my local USCIC office on 06/15/2013.

I don't understand there system and how they reply back on service request. Every service request coming up with different reply and when ever you talk to customer service they are giving different report on your case. I'm going to make info pass and try to find out that where is my file after 10 months.

Thanks,

Dr. KunaL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

NOA of 9-17 of AOS from K1

6-24 GREEN CARD IN PRODUCTION!!!!!

Congrats! my NOA is from the same date and haven't received anything yet.....I am passed the point of getting sad or frustrated.

Seems like the two approved have Baltimore office in common.....come on FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ranting33va.gif

Edited by GMa

Finally another one, congrats !

I got new news from USCIS : -

I did service request On 04/04/2013 , First reply, i got On 06/05/2013 from USCIS,lees summit saying that it will take 9-12 months on this case, this file is at NBC.

Then my attorney did service request at ombudsman's office On 06/03/2013 , Second reply, i got On 06/07/2013 response from the Ombudsman's office saying that my file is at my local field USCIS office And I should get response from them in 30 days.

I did service request On 03/28/2013 , Third reply, Yesterday On 06/25/2013 I got new email from USCIS saying that it will take 6 months on my case and this file is at NBC,lees summit.

I did talk to customer service 2 tir today On 06/26/2013 , Fourth reply, Today On 06/26/2013 that my file was sent to my local USCIC office on 06/15/2013.

I don't understand there system and how they reply back on service request. Every service request coming up with different reply and when ever you talk to customer service they are giving different report on your case. I'm going to make info pass and try to find out that where is my file after 10 months.

Thanks,

Dr. KunaL

Don't worry everything will be fine. I hope they start working on September file too and fast. I'm going crazy over all this. Even they told me different story on my case status. We will get good news soon Dr,Kunal and all September files.

Late Sept filer here. My lawyer did a service request last week as USCIS said my case was outside processing times. It sounded like to me from what my lawyer said that I'd get my GC or interview notice 30 days, but so far all I got the "Might take 6 months, don't bother us until then" USCIS letter. BOoOOOOOO!!!! Kind of ####### "my case needs additional review" as my AOS case is pretty dry and uncomplicated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.