MERIC061609

September 2012 AOS Filers

417 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

We received THE email today!

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On July 18, 2013, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

HOORAY! We hope nothing goes wrong...

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!!!

Congratulations!

K1 Visa                                                                 Adjustment of Status                                                             ROC

Service Center : California Service Center                        CIS Office : Kansas City MO Service Center                           California Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

I-129F Sent : 2011-11-18                                 Date Filed : 2012-09-04 Date                            Filed: 2015-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-11-23                                      NOA Date : 2012-09-06                                                             NOA1 Date: 2015-05-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none                                              RFE(s) : NONE                                              RFE(s): NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-12                                                 Bio. Appt. : 2012-10-03                                                              BIO. Appt.: 2015-09-15

NVC Received : 2012-04-26

NVC Left : 2012-05-10                                           EAD/AP Approved : 2012-11-08                             ROC APPROVED:2015-10-26      

Consulate Received : 2012-05-14                               EAD/AP Card Received : 2012-11-17                         Green card Received: 2015-11-04    

Packet 3 Received : 2012-05-17                                          Green card Approved : 2013-07-08                        NO INTERVIEW

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-05-20                                                    NO INTERVIEW

Interview Date : 2012-06-26                                                 Green Card Received : 2013-07-15

Interview Result : Approved                                                 

Visa Received : 2012-06-26                                                   

US Entry : 2012-07-05

Marriage : 2012-08-24

N-400 Naturalization:

04/25/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS AZ courier address thru FedEx

05/04/2106 NOA I-797 Receipt Notice Date
05/27/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
06/08/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
06/13/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
07/18/2016 Date of Interview
08/11/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Kansas City, MO

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

My local Hialeah, Florida immigration office finished 4 days files in 1 month. I don't know what they are doing and how they work at least I know that they are not working on Friday . Last month they finished 2 week file and now they come to the point that they work only 4 days a week and progress is 4 days file not even one week files they finish in 1 Month. Damn Worst WORST immigration office. I have no idea what to do now.? I made another info pass.

Well all you can do is wait really....hope it goes fast.

Also you should try to explain yourself a little better as is very dfficult to understand (4 days file in 1 month, week files , etc...)

Good luck!

Edited by GMa

Well all you can do is wait really....hope it goes fast.

Also you should try to explain yourself a little better as is very dfficult to understand (4 days file in 1 month, week files , etc...)

Good luck!

Last months they clear files till August/25/2012 and today I check processing time line of my local field office which is August/30/2012 . So in one month they clear only 5 days files only.

Thanks for your time.

Last months they clear files till August/25/2012 and today I check processing time line of my local field office which is August/30/2012 . So in one month they clear only 5 days files only.

Thanks for your time.

We were told at one point that our file was going to be transferred to our local field office, which is Salt Lake City, Utah. Today the USCIS time line for the Salt Lake office says it is processing AOS applications from 21st November 2012. If our case was transferred, we would have been approved quite some time ago.

In reality, our case was not transferred. It stayed at the NBC until our approval yesterday.

In my opinion, I think this is what is happening with a lot of our cases. Congressmen, Ombudsmen, infopass staff and USCIS call centre staff can only advise you based on the information they are given, and that is very little from what I can tell. We received a letter a little while ago saying our case needed additional review and to expect a response within 9 months. That, of course, is not an accurate letter. It simply meant they wanted us to stop making enquiries on our case - likely because they know they are behind and they're getting far too many enquiries than they can handle. I personally think that this is why they're not giving a processing time for the NBC. There's too many cases to keep an accurate track of.

As it was explained to me in the early stages of our K1/I-129F application, each USCIS staff member is given a pile of cases which is ordered from oldest to newest. They start with the oldest and work their way through. E.g. Person A might receive a pile that starts from a filing date August 1st to October 1st. Person B might receive a pile that starts from a filing date October 1st to November 1st. Obviously Person B's October 1st file would be approved before Person A's October 1st file because of where it is in their pile.

Patience is hard. I've certainly gotten frustrated more than once about the lengthy time it has taken to check off our documents and order a card to be printed. I'm not immune to complaining about this awful process and the USCIS. But rest assured everyone's case is in someone's pile and will be reviewed - Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Good luck everyone!!!

Met in Australia: January 2011
Engaged in USA on visit: 22nd September 2011
K1 Visa received: 1st June 2012
Entered US: 19th June 2012
Married: 30th June 2012

AP Document received: 3rd November 2012
EAD Card received: 27th November 2012
Conditional Green Card received: 26th July 2013

ROC approved: 3rd May 2016
Permanent Green Card received: 13th May 2016

We were told at one point that our file was going to be transferred to our local field office, which is Salt Lake City, Utah. Today the USCIS time line for the Salt Lake office says it is processing AOS applications from 21st November 2012. If our case was transferred, we would have been approved quite some time ago.

In reality, our case was not transferred. It stayed at the NBC until our approval yesterday.

In my opinion, I think this is what is happening with a lot of our cases. Congressmen, Ombudsmen, infopass staff and USCIS call centre staff can only advise you based on the information they are given, and that is very little from what I can tell. We received a letter a little while ago saying our case needed additional review and to expect a response within 9 months. That, of course, is not an accurate letter. It simply meant they wanted us to stop making enquiries on our case - likely because they know they are behind and they're getting far too many enquiries than they can handle. I personally think that this is why they're not giving a processing time for the NBC. There's too many cases to keep an accurate track of.

As it was explained to me in the early stages of our K1/I-129F application, each USCIS staff member is given a pile of cases which is ordered from oldest to newest. They start with the oldest and work their way through. E.g. Person A might receive a pile that starts from a filing date August 1st to October 1st. Person B might receive a pile that starts from a filing date October 1st to November 1st. Obviously Person B's October 1st file would be approved before Person A's October 1st file because of where it is in their pile.

Patience is hard. I've certainly gotten frustrated more than once about the lengthy time it has taken to check off our documents and order a card to be printed. I'm not immune to complaining about this awful process and the USCIS. But rest assured everyone's case is in someone's pile and will be reviewed - Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Good luck everyone!!!

Thanks for the information. And congrats to you.

Filed: Timeline

I asked the same thing to the IO at my appointment with INFOPASS and she said basically just apply to be safe if I considered I had to.... I will wait until beginnings of august to do it.

How do we apply for EAD/AP renewal? Just fill out the forms again, and include a copy of the current combo card, the 485 receipt notice and a cover letter asking for renewal? WHere should we mail it, the same lockbox that we sent the original AOS application to?

thanks

Just a little update on how our card production is going. We thought it might be useful for anyone who goes through this after us as has the same thing happen:

We received THE email 18th July to say they had ordered the production of my Green Card that day and our USICS case status moved to Card/Document Production
We then received another email 19th July telling us they had sent a notice to us of our approval. At that point, our USCIS case status went from Card/Document Production to Decision.
We received another email this morning (23rd July) telling us they ordered our card production today and the USICS case status has gone back to Card/Document Production

Are we getting two cards? Was production delayed? Are these auto emails with auto dates that are send when statuses are changed on their site? Who knows! Nothing is ever simple, is it? Hahaha.

We'll let you know when it comes in the mail.

Timeline

Just a little update on how our card production is going. We thought it might be useful for anyone who goes through this after us as has the same thing happen:

We received THE email 18th July to say they had ordered the production of my Green Card that day and our USICS case status moved to Card/Document Production

We then received another email 19th July telling us they had sent a notice to us of our approval. At that point, our USCIS case status went from Card/Document Production to Decision.

We received another email this morning (23rd July) telling us they ordered our card production today and the USICS case status has gone back to Card/Document Production

Are we getting two cards? Was production delayed? Are these auto emails with auto dates that are send when statuses are changed on their site? Who knows! Nothing is ever simple, is it? Hahaha.

We'll let you know when it comes in the mail.

same exact thing happened to us. You will only get one card. Ours went from card production to decision then back to production, and we got a notification each time it changed. You will also get one more email/text notification when your card is mailed with the USPS tracking number on it.

Congratulations!!!

K1 Visa                                                                 Adjustment of Status                                                             ROC

Service Center : California Service Center                        CIS Office : Kansas City MO Service Center                           California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2011-11-18                                 Date Filed : 2012-09-04 Date                            Filed: 2015-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-11-23                                      NOA Date : 2012-09-06                                                             NOA1 Date: 2015-05-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none                                              RFE(s) : NONE                                              RFE(s): NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-12                                                 Bio. Appt. : 2012-10-03                                                              BIO. Appt.: 2015-09-15

NVC Left : 2012-05-10                                           EAD/AP Approved : 2012-11-08                             ROC APPROVED:2015-10-26      

Consulate Received : 2012-05-14                               EAD/AP Card Received : 2012-11-17                         Green card Received: 2015-11-04    

Packet 3 Received : 2012-05-17                                          Green card Approved : 2013-07-08                        NO INTERVIEW

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-05-20                                                    NO INTERVIEW

Interview Date : 2012-06-26                                                 Green Card Received : 2013-07-15

N-400 Naturalization:

event.png

I just got a call from my immigration lawyer - she got my notice that my AOS is approved! FINALLLY, geeeeeze! Now to wait for the card.

I'm a end of September filer, so hopefully the rest of you hear something soon, and ditto for the October peeps!

Timeline

I just got a call from my immigration lawyer - she got my notice that my AOS is approved! FINALLLY, geeeeeze! Now to wait for the card.

I'm a end of September filer, so hopefully the rest of you hear something soon, and ditto for the October peeps!

congratulations!

N-400 Naturalization:

event.png

Hello Everyone,
I just came back from My local Hialeah, Florida immigration office and the new news is that They have my file in the local office they got it on june-15-2013. It can take two week more. They told me that the officer, who is having your file is not working today so we cant give you all information on your file. They give me emergency appointment for tomorrow morning between 07:00 a.m till 08:00 a.m, supervisor told me that you can find all information on your case from your officer who is working on it and you can meet him tomorrow. Its sad that officers are taking days off every time.I have been there two time and officer not working and immigration office don't care about that anymore, its like kinder garden for them. WORST immigration office ever.
Thanks,

Dr. KunaL

Received a call from the office of another congressman looking into our case. She told me that with the approval of DACA in August 2012, USCIS was forced to shove all other applications aside and focus on the new DACA cases coming in. #######?! And I suppose being in Texas, our case is probably collecting dust somewhere. Though we did find out that it was transferred to our local office in early July.

The senator's office will make another inquiry on our behalf since she realized our local office (Houston) has a January 2013 processing time.

SO FRUSTRATING!

But congratulations on all new approvals! Hope we can say the same soon!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

BOOM! Just got the letter in the mail today...GC in production! 10 months and 5 days after application date for those of you keeping track (and no interview).

We are super happy as you can imagine, but I wasn't aware the card expires in 2 years and we have to fill out another 5 page form and pay $590 to have the "conditions removed" before the card expires....which will include another biometrics and all of that. Seems kinda crazy, but whatever. Now we just wait for the card and then we don't have to worry about anything for well over a year. Then what? Do we finally get the 10 year green card or will there be some other big fee / obstacle for us to deal with?

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

We received the approval letter yesterday (25th July 2013) and my Green Card arrived today (26th July). Yay!
We wish everyone still waiting the best of luck. Congratulations to those approved in the last few days as well!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So, I finally have an interview date. I had previously received an RFE for legal evidence of my name change (I took my wife's last name on marriage). Apparently the guy has to do it through a court and can't do it via just submitting a marriage certificate. I thought that was going to get drawn out and become an issue but when I explained that USCIS had already accepted my name change by using my marriage certificate and issued an EAD in that name, along with telling them that the County Clerk's office told me that they should accept my marriage certificate.....they sent a letter telling me to come to the interview with my wife.

I'm hoping this is just a case of going through the motions and there are no more curve balls.

Good to see other September filers getting approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.