age differience urgent help plz

77 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

hi

i'm 24 yo male egyptian and my hun is 51 female

i want to know if this will cause denial for the K-1 visa or not

and i dunno what to bring as an evidence to proof our bona fide relationship

we know each other through internet and for 1 year chatted for long time and talked over skype and paltalk and opened cams for

each other and sent email to each other .. i heared that we should take pics togither so i will bring her to egypt to

take them dunno more than this information and dunno what we should do in pictures

PLZZZ help specially with this age differience it's almost 31 years and we don't really care for this number we are good match

Edited by big_deal_

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

we know each other through internet and for 1 year chatted for long time and talked over skype and paltalk and opened cams for

each other and sent email to each other .. i heared that we should take pics togither so i will bring her to egypt to

take them dunno more than this information and dunno what we should do in pictures

PLZZZ help specially with this age differience it's almost 31 years and we don't really care for this number we are good match

The age difference (because she is much older than you and outside normal child bearing age), could be considered a red flag and a reason for denial; but that's up to the consular officer to determine.

In order for her to file a petition for you, you need to have met, face to face, at least once in the past two years. Either in Egypt, the US or any part of the world.

There's no need to make the font size huge, we can read just fine.

**Moved to MENA

Edited by Celeste & C

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's better if you ask your question in the MENA forum. Ask the moderator to move your post to MENA.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hi

Age gap is one of many red flags. Yes, you must take pictures together, meaning, you must've met PRIOR to filing a petition.

Denials do occur due to age difference in MENA/ African countries. It's not usual for a young man to marry a woman outside child bearing age, unless he has ulterior motives. This is not my personal opinion; this is how Consulars see it. You must submit proof of a bonafide relationship, beyond any doubt. For example, take pictures of her with your family and friends- which may be seen as they accepting her despite the age gap.

Good luck!

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

HUGE RED FLAG - you have to convince them why this is a genuine relationship.

250px-Red_flag_II.svg.png

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

Welcome to VJ

Invite your hun to VJ to read the guides on the K1 Visa

http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides

AND the Threads in MENA

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/97-middle-east-and-north-africa/

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I remember reading there is an age limit for marriage between Egyptians and foreigners and that is 25 years. The 31 years age difference exceeds that. I can't recall if it is one of Egypt's own laws to prevent much older Gulf Arabs from coming and marrying a much younger country girl from Egypt or if this is at the US consulate level.

Here we go. This is an article discussing the age limit and it appears to be one of Egypt's own laws. Link

It looks like to marry her you'll have to get special permission and pay $8,000 USD in a deposit.

Edited by Dr. A ♥ O

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I remember reading there is an age limit for marriage between Egyptians and foreigners and that is 25 years. The 31 years age difference exceeds that. I can't recall if it is one of Egypt's own laws to prevent much older Gulf Arabs from coming and marrying a much younger country girl from Egypt or if this is at the US consulate level.

Here we go. This is an article discussing the age limit and it appears to be one of Egypt's own laws. Link

It looks like to marry her you'll have to get special permission and pay $8,000 USD in a deposit.

Yikes! I suppose I'm glad Egypt did something to curb such marriages. But 8k is chump change for a lot of people in the Gulf states.. Maybe it's the Egyptian Govt's way of extorting dowry money x_X

My advice to _Big_Deal: Meet each other in person. Then decide if you really want to go down this road. You don't really know someone until you are face to face. Far too many people rush into this process without taking the proper time to consider what life would really be like when they get together. Also, she's old enough to be your mother and then some. ::Just trying to sow the seeds of common sense::

Timeline

HUGE RED FLAG - you have to convince them why this is a genuine relationship.

thanx to u but i need to know wich thing is strong to proof that our relation is genuine .. if u can provid e example about strong prooves that can support my case .

Timeline

yes u are right the laws in egypt limits it to 25 yo .. but we are going to apply for k-1 visa for that reason we will get married in america not egypt

Timeline

Age gap is one of many red flags. Yes, you must take pictures together, meaning, you must've met PRIOR to filing a petition.

Denials do occur due to age difference in MENA/ African countries. It's not usual for a young man to marry a woman outside child bearing age, unless he has ulterior motives. This is not my personal opinion; this is how Consulars see it. You must submit proof of a bonafide relationship, beyond any doubt. For example, take pictures of her with your family and friends- which may be seen as they accepting her despite the age gap.

Good luck!

thanx for replying .. so pictures can do the job if it's with my family and me .. if there's a stronger way to proof that plz tell me ... i'm bringing her to egypt for a weak so we can take pictures togither

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

yes u are right the laws in egypt limits it to 25 yo .. but we are going to apply for k-1 visa for that reason we will get married in america not egypt

I know of only one case similar to yours. It was a couple of years ago and they were also applying for the K1 but the US Embassy recognized Egypt's law and didn't give the visa to them. Something about recognizing marriages in Egypt according to their laws. They were already married via orfi so that might have something to do with it but they were also applying for K1 at the time because the US Embassy only recognized marriages at the formal place foreigners can marry. So after the denial they tried to legitimize the orfi paperwork showing they were already married and the lawyer got it through I think with only a dowry payment of $450 USD but that didn't fly with the US embassy either. Their marriage dissolved shortly afterwards and the guy never ended up coming here. I can try to see if the lady would be willing to revisit VJ if you'd like since I'm still in contact with her, but she hasn't been on here in several years and she said she put Egypt behind her a long time ago. I don't know what help she may be to you.

Also with some cases in Egypt with large age differences, that they are not convinced is a real relationship, they will make the couple wait over a year post-interview in AP/AR or deny them and make them re-apply.

Good luck with applying for the K1 and let us all know how it goes. We haven't seen an updated case such as yours in awhile.

Edited by Dr. A ♥ O

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes, but they take that into consideration.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Timeline

I found this link when looking up that issue with the law of 25 year age gap, and just found it interesting that they actually did a study: Age Gap Study

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.